• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I played online yesterday and got my ass kicked so fast, this is like Anime Expo 2010 all over again when I went to the Aksys booth :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone wanna send me a GAF chat invite? SeraphisCain on PSN.

Also I'm loving Lambda. Been working on some combos with her. Best I have right now is 236+C, 2+DD, jump, DD, jump, 2+DD.

(Does anyone still use the old numerical way of writing directional inputs? :lol )

Volcynika

Seraphis Cain said:

Also I'm loving Lambda. Been working on some combos with her. Best I have right now is 236+C, 2+DD, jump, DD, jump, 2+DD.

(Does anyone still use the old numerical way of writing directional inputs? :lol )

I'll hop on PSN right quick and send an invite.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Seraphis Cain said:

Yes please use numbers that's how it's done

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
QisTopTier said:
Yes please use numbers that's how it's done

Ah, good to see I'm not using horribly outdated terms or anything. :lol Been using them since the late 90's with MVC and KOF, didn't know if the popular terminology had changed or not.

Volcynika said:
I'll hop on PSN right quick and send an invite.

Thanks Volc!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I kinda wish the fight order for Score Attack would change up instead of being the same every time. I like the difficulty in that mode, helps me practice, but I get tired of fighting Bang, Tao, and Tager over and over. :lol Still, it's helping quite a bit.

(Until Tager Potemkin Busters me and ends it all. :lol )

Those were some epic sets. Solid efforts by all four finalists. Being Tager takes patience, and trickery. Clever use of the Atomic Collider's magnetic properties.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
DY_nasty said:
"Shout out to Inferno Divider - safe all the time, every time" :lol

Who's the commentator? I heard him on a stream once, dude is awesome.

Kinda sounds like Yipes. "Wolfman Gerber baby" and "make it rain" makes me think so but I don't know if he has anything to do with BB.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They brought up a couple of good points though. Never even thought of punishing techrolls through option select in the corner. It works for Hazama, it should work for Makoto and a few others as well. Also, meter building needs to be tweaked for everyone in the upcoming patch.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
DY_nasty said:
They brought up a couple of good points though. Never even thought of punishing techrolls through option select in the corner. It works for Hazama, it should work for Makoto and a few others as well. Also, meter building needs to be tweaked for everyone in the upcoming patch.

Do you mind explaining how to perform this? How can Hazama use option select to punish tech rolls? That could be pretty powerful since everyone got knockdown in the corner will almost alway roll away.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
kiunchbb said:
Do you mind explaining how to perform this? How can Hazama use option select to punish tech rolls? That could be pretty powerful since everyone got knockdown in the corner will almost alway roll away.

.... I almost ALWAYS neutral tech. Once the people you play get their reaction time up faster they can punish rolls pretty hard depending on the character.

DY_nasty

kiunchbb said:
I think its basically hitting 5a while waiting for the tech/wakeup, then canceling into the DD.

I'm sure there's more to it though. Going to look up more stuff on it later. Got a LOT of practicing and makeup work to do, I'm way behind the curve right now.

Either way, teching is a bitch in CS.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
QisTopTier said:
.... I almost ALWAYS neutral tech. Once the people you play get their reaction time up faster they can punish rolls pretty hard depending on the character.

Noel and many character has reset that work only on people that neutral tech, but will get whiff and punish horribly if they tech into different direction. So far I never got anyone with it since no one will neutral tech, I need to play you again soon!

---

DY_nasty, let us know what you can find, I did a search and got nothing...

however I found some info about pressing ABC no long tech throw.... yeah that explain all the silly throw that I alway failed to tech out off....

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
kiunchbb said:
Noel and many character has reset that work only on people that neutral tech, but will get whiff and punish horribly if they tech into different direction. So far I never got anyone with it since no one will neutral tech, I need to play you again soon!

---

DY_nasty, let us know what you can find, I did a search and got nothing...

however I found some info about pressing ABC no long tech throw.... yeah that explain all the silly throw that I alway failed to tech out off....

If it's not a low hit... Imma just parry you once I get used to it... Just letting you know in advance :lol Oh maks parry doesn't count as anything either she can do any attack or grab out of it also

Getting the hang of mak some more .
learning to use her parry more.

Also B,C,C F+B,C it seems the last C misses Rachel some times don't know why maybe my timing off.
Don't seem to have trouble with any other char.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gundamkyoukai said:
Getting the hang of mak some more .
learning to use her parry more.

Also B,C,C F+B,C it seems the last C misses Rachel some times don't know why maybe my timing off.
Don't seem to have trouble with any other char.

It misses on bang too and a few others, there are some characters you are better off just ending at 6B and skipping the C and going to the next step.

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
I don't understand why, I mean neutral techs are just as unsafe (they're faster but no invincibility frames) so unless you have enough time to reset it's just as punishable as a tech roll.

...In fact, near the end of our matches (when I was sobering up :lol) I realized that you always assumed that I was going to tech roll out of the corner so you would wiff every time that I didn't. I don't think it's really got that much to do with reaction time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
I don't understand why, I mean neutral techs are just as unsafe (they're faster but no invincibility frames) so unless you have enough time to reset it's just as punishable as a tech roll.

...In fact, near the end of our matches (when I was sobering up :lol) I realized that you always assumed that I was going to tech roll out of the corner so you would wiff every time that I didn't. I don't think it's really got that much to do with reaction time.

I wasn't reacting at all lol I was just guessing ahead of time which is why I would back dash away from you when you neutral teched. If I was reacting I would wait til you did that pretty white glow :lol But I was getting tired and hungry =X so I didn't concentrate as hard anymore

and you can get hit at the end of a tech roll, you cant get hit at the end of a neutral tech you simply just recover into blocking

Volcynika

I already have some accomplishments for today! I beat a level 31 Tsubaki and a level 41 Hazama and got a 9 level boost on ranked (started out on level 5).

AND I MADE Q'S MATCHES WITH ME LAST THREE ROUNDS!

I will believe my pro skillz are what helped me through.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Seraphis Cain said:

I've been learning Lambda at the arcade. I still suck but I think I can help with a few BNB combos.

Easy version off of 236C (Counterhit 5D 236C is a good way to punish things on the ground)
236C dash 5Cx(spam) 6C 236C 2DD j.DD airjump j.DD (or j.2DD depending on positioning) j.214D (Can RC j.dd/2dd 214d to get a little bit of extra damage if it'll end the round. Can also 632146D instead of j.214D at the end if you're close enough.)

Harder but more damaging version:
236C dash 5Cx(spam) 6C dash 2DD 2147D 5DD 6DD 2DD j.DD airjump j.DD(or j.2DD) j.214D (same ender options apply)

You can do the same combos if you RC an airthrow so that you don't bounce back up and then 236C right away.

236B followup:
<hit confirm> 236B RC 5DD 6DD 2DD <same air followup>
<hit confirm> 236B RC 5DD 236C 2DD <same air followup>

214A reversal followup:
214A <walk back a little here> 5C x (spam) <or wait a bit here. Don't do both> 6C 236C <air followup>

Throw followups.
Outside corner:
ground throw 632146D
ground throw dash 6B 5C x (spam) 6C <same followups as above>
ground throw dash 6A 6C <probably similar followup but I haven't used this>
(only works on larger characters; I only do this on Tager) ground throw 2DD 214D 2DD 214D 2DD 6C 236C <same air followup>

In corner (use dash 5B 6A when you've pushed yourself too far away in the combo):
Ground throw into corner -> (6A 2147D dash 5B 6A 2147D)x3 6A j.7 j.2DD j.7 j.2DD j.214D

There are other variations and different ways to launch into them but those are probably the more commonly used combos.

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
I wasn't reacting at all lol I was just guessing ahead of time which is why I would back dash away from you when you neutral teched. If I was reacting I would wait til you did that pretty white glow :lol But I was getting tired and hungry =X so I didn't concentrate as hard anymore

and you can get hit at the end of a tech roll, you cant get hit at the end of a neutral tech you simply just recover into blocking
Yeah I know that's what I'm saying. Between the sleep and the drinking and the hunger I'm pretty sure we were both a little bleery by the end.

Waking up into a block isn't dramatically better than waking up to a hit. You're more likely to wake up totally safe from a tech roll in the right direction than you are from a neutral tech.

Played some randoms.

Really wish the training mode weren't ruined by ASW need to LOLZ STORY! As a result my Tager play is no more competent than it was in CT.

Funny, but every generation is haunted by the legacy of Sega's superior training modes. Last gen Fighters Megamix haunted gaming until Sega released VF4e, whose training mode now haunts the inept halls of modern fighting game training modes.

BUT HEY! RAGNA AND LITTLE GIRL TROLLING AND LOLLING! ASPERGERSFAP! >:|

DY_nasty

I might be the best bad player of all time... Its like I do everything at a pro level except combos.:lol
_dementia said:
Can anyone please give me tips on my crappy Hazama? (other than stop dropping combos?)
How about the Mu matchup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKu0KZjAEb0

I know SephirothRK and QisTopTier know some things.
Well, other than dropping combos, you can try throwing more fakes with D~A. Also, don't forget to use 214D~other stuff other than C.

Also, that command throw of Hazama has invincibility frames, be sure to throw that out there too when leading into your BnB.

Don't forget to troll either. If you're not trolling with Hazama (eating massive combos for the lulz or floating around at the very top of the screen for no reason), then you're not doing it right.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The Take Out Bandit said:
Played some randoms.

Really wish the training mode weren't ruined by ASW need to LOLZ STORY! As a result my Tager play is no more competent than it was in CT.

Funny, but every generation is haunted by the legacy of Sega's superior training modes. Last gen Fighters Megamix haunted gaming until Sega released VF4e, whose training mode now haunts the inept halls of modern fighting game training modes.

I don't get it how is training mode affected by the story... are you... mentally ill? It lets you tweak all the systems in the game, or record something to play back as well on the fly... The training mode in the game is great. Oh wait you mean the tutorial... LOL I hope you are not serious. There is a section for every character where they give a run down of their play style. Then challenge mode that gets you used to how that character does their combos. Do you seriously expect the game to tell you EVERYTHING go to f'ing dustloop.com or something even then it's still not going to make you good.

LOL at blaming that you cant use tager cause they teach you the system mechanics with ragna LOL

dentoomw

So just picked this up today...grabbed the game update on Xbox Live...going through the tutorials...my game seems to keep crashing constantly whenever I get to the end of the advanced tutorial...screen fades out then just remains there...I have to hard reset my xbox to get things going again :/

Anyone else have this problem?

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:
Can anyone please give me tips on my crappy Hazama? (other than stop dropping combos?)

I dropped some bits based off of what I saw for you on that video.

I'll also add here that yeah dropping combos screwed you over a couple times. Try to know when a 214D~C 5C 3C 4D will let you reel in off 1 chain hit to do the JCx5etc loop. Sometimes you can/have to get 2 chains so that you don't go flying up over them like you did on that Mu fight.

It's a shame you lost to that Mu because he was pretty ass compared to you. In that match up you have to rush her down and keep pressure. I'm sure Q can explain better since he plays both characters on what will work for Hazama. I just tend to get in their face and get them to hit buttons on their wake ups to punish.

Def. practice instant guards as well to build faster meter. Kotenjin is god like. Oh and when you landed it in the fight you did the 623D follow up, but you can get a lot more damage learning some other follow ups. Check dustloop.com for some really good knowledge from match ups, to combos, to vids of better players, etc. It helped me a lot for the Tager and Hakumen match ups.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
I might be the best bad player of all time... Its like I do everything at a pro level except combos.:lol

Well, other than dropping combos, you can try throwing more fakes with D~A. Also, don't forget to use 214D~other stuff other than C.

Also, that command throw of Hazama has invincibility frames, be sure to throw that out there too when leading into your BnB.

Don't forget to troll either. If you're not trolling with Hazama (eating massive combos for the lulz or floating around at the very top of the screen for no reason), then you're not doing it right.

uh ignore the troll part... but honestly if you want to use hazama the key part is... learn every characters bnb and instant block shit all day. Hazama relies on having 50% heat or more to dish out heavy damage. Learn to fish for hits with j.6D, 6D, and 5D and learn to retract that damn chain fast too xD His comand grab is pretty good, try to never super after doing it though that shit scales like crap use it for a chance at meter gain unless you are sure it can kill or near kill them.

gundamkyoukai said:
On side note mak loop is give me stress .I am able to do it after 5CC 50% of the time but for doing after F+B , C is killing me

I honestly rarely do it, I dont even bother online unless its a really good 3 or higher connection. But it's not really needed at all. BTW the loop stops at 5cc not 6bc. So uh stop doing that :lol

The Take Out Bandit said:
Played some randoms.

I don't see what more they could have add , they gave you tips , explain the systems of the game and combos.

On a side note mak loop is giving me stress .
I am able to do it after 5CC 50% of the time but for doing after F+B , C is killing me.

DY_nasty

Since the UFC fight is tonight, and most of my friends have lives and won't drag me into CoD, I'll be on 360 tonight and probably for most of the day too.
dentoomw said:
So just picked this up today...grabbed the game update on Xbox Live...going through the tutorials...my game seems to keep crashing constantly whenever I get to the end of the advanced tutorial...screen fades out then just remains there...I have to hard reset my xbox to get things going again :/

Anyone else have this problem?
Nope... mine runs like a dream. Did you install?

_dementia said:

sometimes when you get a Devouring Fang but they're a little far away, you should dash in with 5C, 2C. You can also anti-air with 2C which can lead to 4D then j. C x 5 combo. If your 2C trade hit then you can follow up with Hungry Coil.

For me anyway, I don't like following up with 4D after his super, it's too hard for me to time it :p I try a charged Devouring Fang to combo.

I watch a lot of Buppa and Zakiyama Hazama videos.

Top Bottom