• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limp Bizkit- Gold Cobra: The Official Venom Spitting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BizkitBanner.jpg

Welcome to NeoGAF's official thread for Limp Bizkit's forthcoming album Gold Cobra.

The Rules
This thread is for discussion of Gold Cobra and the band's previous efforts.

This Thread is NOT for.
- Random posts saying "Fuck Limp Bizkit."
- Random posts saying "Fred Durst is a douche."
- Random posts saying "Fucking mooks."

If you don't have anything useful to contribute to the discussion one way or the other, then don't post anything.

The Sitrep
Original guitar player Wes Borland is back with the band and over the past year the members of Limp Bizkit including Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto and DJ Lethal have been crafting a new original album titled Gold Cobra. The first two singles have been released titled "Shotgun" and "Gold Cobra". A video is currently being shot and the band will be touring Europe and South America this summer.

Gold Cobra Release Date: June 28th, 2011
Gold Cobra
Limp+Bizkit-+Gold+Cobra+standard+cover.jpg

Track Listing

1. INTROBRA
2. BRING IT BACK
3. GOLD COBRA
4. SHARK ATTACK
5. GET A LIFE
6. SHOTGUN
7. DOUCHE BAG
8. WALKING AWAY
9. LOSER
10. AUTOTUNAGE
11. 90.2.10
12. WHY TRY
13. KILLER IN YOU
14. BACK PORCH
15. MY OWN COBAIN
16. ANGELS
17. MIDDLE FINGER ft Paul Wall

"Gold Cobra" Single Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2ME1xb5tY
"Shotgun" single- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yrSwskzLDs

You can also find demo versions of plenty of songs off Gold Cobra. My personal favorite of which is "Walking Away". "Why Try" is another popular one for those interested.

The official Limp Bizkit website- www.LimpBizkit.Com

Tour Dates
6/24/2011 Sonisphere Basel, CH
6/25/2011 SAP Arena Mannheim, DE
6/27/2011 Koenig-Pilsener Arena Oberhausen, Germany
6/28/2011 Tollwood Festival Munich, DE
7/1/2011 Main Square Festival,La Citadelle Arras, FR
7/2/2011 Reload Festival Sullingen, DE
7/4/2011 Haus Auensee Leipzig, DEU
7/10/2011 Sonisphere Knebworth, GB
7/12/2011 Villa Manin Codroipo, IT
7/16/2011 Rock N Coke Festival Istanbul, TUR
7/21/2011 Movistar Arena Santiago, CHL
7/23/2011 Fundicao Progresso Rio De Janeiro, BR
7/26/2011 Via Funchal Sao Paulo, BR
7/29/2011 Jockey Club Asuncion, PRY
8/01/2011 Microestadio Malvinas Argentinas Buenos Aires,
8/03/2011 Explanada Estadio Monumental Lima, PERU
8/06/2011 Figali Convention Center Panama City, PAN

You can find all sorts of stuff about Limp Bizkit's reunion, Gold Cobra, the band members Twitter accounts, as well as short clips of forthcoming songs that the band has leaked just by searching around the interwebs.

As a kid, I loved Limp Bizkit. Bad lyrics aside, Wes Borland is a really good guitar player, and they made some really catchy tunes over the years. In a corny way I'm pretty excited about their return. Now give those first two leaked tracks a listen, and let the discussion begin.

PS- I will be updating the OP as time goes on.

Limp+Bizkit++2010.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Fuck it, I'm down.

I always thought if Lethal wasn't around and Durst stopped acting like a tool this band would have still been around. Here's for the best because the other 3 band mates are fucking great musicians.

Salazar

:lol

Second song is more like what I was expecting. Can't post anything else without contravening the OP's rules.

Coins

Banned
wenis said:
Fuck it, I'm down.

I always thought if Lethal wasn't around and Durst stopped acting like a tool this band would have still been around. Here's for the best because the other 3 band mates are fucking great musicians.

Wes Borland is one of the best young guitarists of today.

Dead

well not really...yet
Heres one positive thing I have to say about Limp Bizkit

At least when you heard a LB song on the radio ten years ago, you knew it was them, unlike today where there are a dozen or so bands that all sounds exactly alike and are played in the same exact rotation.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
1st song was actually fucking cool :lol

the 2nd one, not so much. I'll give it a chance when the album drops, but obviously it's split 50/50 right now.

Medalion

Banned
2nd song sounds like typical Limp dick shit
1st song sounds like their attempt to sound like a more mature alternative rock band :lol

Coins

Banned
From what I read, the band wants to release a song called Douchebag as the first single but their record label wants Walking Away released as the first single.

Im gonna have to go with Walking Away.

SUPREME1

Banned
What's with the OP gimping any real discussion?

You say their previous works can be discussed but say negative sh*t can't be?

PARADOX!!

Coins

Banned
ImperialConquest said:

PARADOX!!

I think he wants to separate discussions of Durst being a douchebag from the music.

ImperialConquest said:

You can go ahead and discuss it, you can say for example..."I loved 3 Dollar Bill Ya'll" but I didn't like later albums because of X...Or, I didn't like the other guitar player they had for a while, thought he didn't bring anything special." Stuff like that. Just don't come in here and say "FUCKING LIMP BIZKIT SUCKS". Because they are the type of band that will bring people in here to say that stuff. So I outlined it in the OP. If you're going to criticize or be negative, that's fine, but keep it about the music, and within reason. Not just trolling.

big_z

Coins said:
From what I read, the band wants to release a song called Douchebag as the first single but their record label wants Walking Away released as the first single.

Im gonna have to go with Walking Away.

douchebag sounds like the stuff they were putting out at their peak. walking away sounds like the last record. douchebag is the better choice for first single imo, people need to know the old limp is back and it's not more of the shit they were putting out.

i know the hipsters here hate the numetal and rap rock stuff from the late 90's early 00's but i wouldnt mind it coming back. having lady gaga, kesha and nickelback flood music stations isnt good for society.

LongDongJunon said:
LAY OFF THE BACON!!!!

You can't eat that shit everyday, Fred.

:lol

Davidion

Walking Away tells me that they're trying something something slightly new.

Douchebag reminds me of why they exemplified some of the worst stereotypes of nu-metal.

Coins

Banned
Davidion said:

Douchebag reminds me of why they exemplified some of the worst stereotypes of nu-metal.

That sound in Walking Away isnt new for them, its kinda revisiting their first album except Wes can play his axe better now.

Davidion said:

I've listened to a bunch of interviews with Fred and Wes both and they both talk about trying to make Gold Cobra an album for fans of all types of Limp Bizkit. Let's face it, 3 Dollar Bill Ya'All and everything after is completely different. Whether you like one sound or the other it doesn't matter. And they'll also have some new sounding stuff I'm sure as they're all in much different parts of their lives now then they were then. So I'm personally hoping Gold Cobra can give us a whole bunch of different stuff. And that means including some songs with some really bad lyrics about nothing other than self absorption. But people ate that shit up. And it wouldn't completely be Limp Bizkit without some of that.

Erebus

"Now I know why you wanna hate me
I know why you wanna hate me
Cuz hate is all that the world has even seen lately"

Didn't know they were coming up with a new album.

Pterion

cnizzle06 said:
Take it to the Mathews Bridge!!!!!!

C'mon!!!!
Can you feel it? My de-de-degeneration!

DarkUSS said:
"Now I know why you wanna hate me
Cuz hate is all that the world has even seen lately"

Didn't know they were coming up with a new album.
Man, the memories.

Lunchbox

Banned
Just one more fight
About your leadership
And I will straight up
Leave your shit
Cause I've had enough of this
And now I'm pissed

Check out, check check, check out reality
Check, check out, check, check out, check, check, check out reality

Juicy Bob

I always thought it was 'check out my melody'. And I never thought they'd ever be coming back. Never in a million years.

"My business is my business,
Who's guilty? Can I get a witness?"

Updated the OP with their European tour dates. The tour starts later this month, and goes until early October. A North American tour is supposed to follow.

animlboogy said:
I'm not trolling. I'd really appreciate it if a fan could explain this to me.

Everything he writes is catchy. That's why I like him. His riffs are creative, catchy and expressive. A lot of bands are just heavy to be heavy. They tune in C to be heavy and hard. Wes has real talent as a guitar player, and happens to play in C. In my opinion. Plus he's a real character. Good stage presence. Three Dollar Bill Ya'All has some awesome guitar work and overall is a very heavy but still catchy album, his later Limp Bizkit stuff while a lot of it is completely different, is definitely catchy, and even stuff he did with Big Dumb Face and Eat the Day I can listen to and enjoy. Check out Blood Red Head on Fire by Big Dumb Face. And and Eat the Day song. I never really got into Black Light Burns so I can't speak about that.

LowParry

What the fuck ya sayin'? You're a pimp whatever, limp dick.
Fred Durst needs to rehearse, needs to reverse what he's sayin’
Wannabe funk doobiest is what you're playin'
Rippin' up a bad counterfeit, fakin'!
Plus your bills I'm payin!

I love me some more Limp.

Animal

Banned
I was a huge Limp Bizkit fanboy when Significant Other came out. I left them for dead the second I heard My Generation.

I've listened to all the samples/leaks for Gold Cobra and I really like Walking Away. Everything else is good if you ignore Fred Durst. It seems Fred needs to be depressed/angry for me to feel him. Wes is bringing some pretty good riffs even on the tracks I don't like.

surrealist said:
Wes Borland is such wasted talent in Limp Bizkit. Wes and Chino Moreno would be perfection.

Hell yes.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
This is for you, Ben Stiller... you are my fayyy-vorite motherfuckerrrr

This is great news. I love watching my 90s rock stars grow old.

Dresden

When I was in middle school, we all listened to Limp Bizkit for a while, only to become the most ardent of haters when we discovered that Durst was a 'poser'. :lol

Any Euro-GAFers had the chance to see them live yet? They're on tour in Europe right now.

In other news, I've been listening to some stuff after Chocolate Starfish that I didn't ever really listen to.

The song "The Truth" is really good. It gets really heavy. Here's a link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGednQsQ-h8&feature=related

Also discovered another one of Wes' side projects called Eat the Day. There's three samples of the music, there's no vocals. The actual "band" never panned out. Some of the stuff is really good though. Some links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbA-QO_-3C8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXnSTVw6oSA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2EsEa5KSq4

Arnie

Saw these at Leeds and they were fucking awesome. I was about a metre away from Fred as he came down to the crowd.

Been a fan since I was a kid listening to Significant Other with my brother. Chocolate Starfish was such a good album too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom