• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For you personally, what's been the best/funnest game of this gen so far?

For me it's a total and equal tie between MGS4 and Xenoblade. Both are very different, but both blew everything else outta the water as far as I'm concerned. MGS4 was an insane roller coaster ride, and that microwave-crawl was the most epic shit ever. As for Xenoblade, I haven't even finished it yet, but I'm totally consumed with it so far. It's greatness is only enhanced by the slump JRPGs have experienced this gen.

Seda

The game I've had the most fun with this generation is The Last Remnant. The feeling of satisfaction when you devise a team and strategy to take out a big baddie or wipe out an army is unrivaled for me.

Cade

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. It's the kind of thing that would've never flown last-gen, it was beautiful, perfectly paced, and with excellent characters. The gunplay was solid, the platforming fun, and the setpieces exciting. My GOTG.

Trogdor1123

Hard to say really. Cause im short bursts games like fruit ninja kinect are laugh outloud fun. SOme games have long staying power though like skyrim and dark souls...

Kokonoe

Banned
I'd probably have to say Sonic Generations. My first playthrough of the game was absolutely exhilarating, and I keep coming back to play it consistently.

A0rVA.jpg

RM8

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6, Mario Kart Wii, Dragon Quest IX, Kirby Mass Attack, Mario Kart DS.

DukeBobby

Bioshock, followed by Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Also, if Sleeping Dogs continues to impress me, it will definitely make its way into my top 5.

Yawnier

Banned
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. It's the kind of thing that would've never flown last-gen, it was beautiful, perfectly paced, and with excellent characters. The gunplay was solid, the platforming fun, and the setpieces exciting. My GOTG.

This. Uncharted 2 is probably my favorite game from this generation. I played it back to back with UC 1 and after finishing UC1 and thinking "alright, this is a great game, now I wonder how UC2 will compare to this", and BAM I was blown away by UC2.

Excellent single player and to boot the multiplayer was really great too, I still probably put a good 50 hours into the MP. Plus, it is neat that quite a few times I ran into players online who worked at Naughty Dog (they had the ND paw).

I really should replay it soon.

DJ_Lae

I don't know if I could really nail it down to a couple of games, but if I had a gun pointed at me I might say Batman Arkham Asylum and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Both just goddamn fantastic games in their own right, and Arkham Asylum in particular I have to replay every six months and it never gets old.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Saints Row 3 just due to the over the top stupid that makes the series great. They really went all out with 3 I must say.

G0DLIKE

Super Street Fighter IV. Helps that I have a few good friends that I play locally and online. Everytime they pick up their game, I've got to too.

I couldn't nail it down to one. If I had to I'd have to say World of Warcraft because from 2004-2008 or so that game was absolutely awesome.

Hmm... Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, the Batman: Arkham series... That's a really tough call to make, honestly. There really have been some awesome games this gen, as much as I prefer earlier generations.

I really don't want to call it in favor of one game, but if I had to pick one that I always turn to as a reminder that this generation still had good games, it'd probably be Batman: Arkham Asylum. I don't know why, but something about that game really took with me, and I couldn't be happier for it. Great game with a great sequel that I recommend to anyone with a passing interest in either open-world games or Batman in general.

Gonna have to go with the Mario Galaxy games.

These two should be released in a limited edition bundle. Throw in a concept art book and you've got yourself a sale, Nintendo.

Muku

Xenoblade. I won't lie. I love RPGs and this was a godsend. Imported it from the UK though long before they even announced it'd be coming out Stateside. (Could have played it in Japanese, but ugh.. I really wanted to understand it all.)

That game owned my soul for almost 200 hours. Then I realized somewhere along the way, that I'd screwed myself out of doing everything with a faction. Too late by then. I'll go through again it soon and 100% it for giggles. Music was great. And honestly I liked the large zones. Or going to some zones and getting to a high point just to see the zone was awesome. Obviously wasn't the greatest in terms of graphics ever, but this game just owns my soul. Every day since beating it I want to go back and play it.

Blue Dragon might come in second. It was first in the RPG department until Xenoblade.

I'd say Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 as well, for non RPG games. Never been much into racing type games that weren't like Mario Kart or something. But free riding in a Ferrari? Yes please.

xJavonta

Banned
Honestly there has been so many fun games this gen that I can't remember them all and which I've had the most fun playing. I can only remember the most recent ones, which is indicated by my above post.

Wabbajack

Neo Member
If I had to pick the funnest game I'd say We Love Katamari. Not the best game, but the one I will endlessly replay.

Top Bottom