• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 at gamescom - Spa confirmed

I hope there is at least one new race track located in Japan, for me any of these would do:

- Sugo
- Fuji
- Okayama
- Autopolis

I would even take Sepang if I didn't have a choice, I just want to have more tracks to race Super GT cars on. Updated Suzuka would be more then welcome as well :)

i'd love to see donnington and brands hatch but i wont get my hopes up, obviously its a more american focused game

Brands Hatch, closely followed by Oulton Park for me. I'd love Oulton with it being my 'local'.

Thanks for the update Grom, can't remember TGTT being mentioned anywhere but I won't doubt you.

G Rom

Well if it isn't Bathurst being scanned...
ISite8800.jpg

BADNED

badned can you clear up if t10 laser scanned laguna seca or not
Yes but not in the GC build. That one just uses some specific data from the scan and might stay so, see it as a plan B. Focus is atm at the important tracks as well as new ones.

Yes but not in the GC build. That one just uses some specific data from the scan, see it as a plan B. Focus is atm at the important tracks as well as new ones.

I love me some racing games every now and then, but it's really when I come into threads like these, and read all the things people are talking about that I realize how serious people take their racers. People are spotting details that would never in a million years occur to me lol.

This could be the potential track list :

Rumored

Long Beach Grand Prix Circuit (USA)

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italy)

Silverstone Circuit (England) - New layout

Yas Island Marina Circuit (Abu Dhabi)

Pacific Raceways (USA)

Confirmed

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)

Indianapolis Motor Speedway (USA)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (USA)

Praha (Prague ; Czech Republic)

TopGear Test Track (England)

I think Nurburgring was mentioned in some interview...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yes but not in the GC build. That one just uses some specific data from the scan and might stay so, see it as a plan B. Focus is atm at the important tracks as well as new ones.

odd that of all tracks then, this is what they decided to show.

mrJared

Banned

This reads like typical T10. The ol' "it'll be fixed by release" answer.

So it's laser scanned but when people notice that it isnt, then... it is, but conveniently left out of the latest show build.

I guess the ring will be the true judge, but I wholly expect a new set of dodgy indirect answers.

Conjures images of Che Chou

This reads like typical T10. The ol' "it'll be fixed by release" answer.

So it's laser scanned but when people notice that it isnt, then... it is, but conveniently left out of the latest show build.

I guess the ring will be the true judge, but I wholly expect a new set of dodgy indirect answers.

Conjures images of Che Chou

I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers the whole Che and Forza 3 PR fiasco. Haven't bought a Forza game ever since. But I'm in this time if they got laser-scanned Nordschleife. ;-)

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Thanks for clarifying. In the future however, it would help a lot from a PR standpoint to let people know something like that instead of claimed laser scanned 6mm accurate etc etc and have everyone who knows the track know it's wrong after seeing a single video of it.

And if you can't apply the entire scan (with updated wall, structure and foliage data) at least try to apply the surface part of it. The track being perfectly accurate as long as you stay on it should be good enough for the time being.

I would say motorsport enthusiasts know which tracks play an important role in the world of motorsport.

But T10 doesn't amiright?

mrJared

Banned
What's the story with this Che?

He was a master of the misdirection...when issues would arise, he would ignore them until they got out of hand, then give short, vague, "it'll be fixed" responses in an attempt to move along the discussion and give people hope that on final release things will be fixed. People would buy the game and lo and behold the issues still persisted.

I still remember the model swapping fiasco from showroom, to pre race, to in race...he tried hard to get people to move on from that. Was never fixed btw.

Knowing all this, I fully expect turn10 to keep hope alive about laser scanned nurb and others, but upon release, people will have already bought and we'll see the same old tracks and be greeted with "we tried to get them in, but we may have something for you all soon"

..."soon" meaning the next game ...maybe.

This could be the potential track list :

Rumored

Pacific Raceways (USA)

Confirmed

This is making me moist.

I'm reminded of Dan's comments from E3 that FM5's track list has a distinct emphasis on real-world circuits. Fingers crossed!

G Rom

Update to the track list with Bathurst (how could I forget it...)

Rumored

Pacific Raceways (USA)

Mount Panorama Circuit (Australia)

Confirmed

Joco

Forza 5 looks fantastic, unfortunately I can't see myself getting an X1 for one game.

Edit: Is the Nurburgring in this game?

G Rom

Well there's a day one patch so clearly all the content isn't ready to be shown and won't be for several weeks.

We should go back to search all recent BADNED quotes because in the light of recent laser scanning revelations, he might have given us clues about those tracks already. I mean those UAE-related quote could indeed have been all about Yas Marina.

BADNED

In regards to this post I made you said I was half right (via PM) :(

I can't remember I told you which game. ;)

Thanks for clarifying. In the future however, it would help a lot from a PR standpoint to let people know something like that instead of claimed laser scanned 6mm accurate etc etc and have everyone who knows the track know it's wrong after seeing a single video of it.

And if you can't apply the entire scan (with updated wall, structure and foliage data) at least try to apply the surface part of it. The track being perfectly accurate as long as you stay on it should be good enough for the time being.

You will never get an answer on such questions from PR representatives because they either don't know a shit or are not allowed to. Keep that in mind.

Mascot

You will never get an answer on such questions from PR representatives because they either don't know a shit or are not allowed to

... and appear mysteriously to cherry-pick the easy questions to answer while utterly ignoring the ones that matter to fans before disappearing again until the next game-friendly question appears.

Which reminds me:

Wondered when someone was going to post about that. That's a known bug in the gamescom demo build and something we're well aware of.

Hi Helios - thought you were lurking!

Any chance of a response to my question a few pages back regarding wheel development?

link

Any chance of a response please?

saladine1

Man, if the track rumors turn out to be true then wow. I couldn't care less whether some shadows are casting wrong or if the crowd is flashing their cameras during the day. As long as we have a good quality track count to enjoy a good variety of vehicles on, I'll be one happy pappy. Now, Turn 10, if Bathurst is in, please do not do the same mistake you did with the announcement of Spa. This time, show off Bathurst as soon as you announce it along with some Holden Toranas, HDT Brock Commodores, XY GT Falcons and some Holden Monaros.

Shaneus

Man, if the track rumors turn out to be true then wow. I couldn't care less whether some shadows are casting wrong or if the crowd is flashing their cameras during the day. As long as we have a good quality track count to enjoy a good variety of vehicles on, I'll be one happy pappy. Now, Turn 10, if Bathurst is in, please do not do the same mistake you did with the announcement of Spa. This time, show off Bathurst as soon as you announce it along with some Holden Toranas, HDT Brock Commodores, XY GT Falcons and some Holden Monaros.
They've laser scanned everything and had two and a bit years to work on the game... what do you think the track count is going to be like? ;(

p3tran

Banned
Man, if the track rumors turn out to be true then wow. I couldn't care less whether some shadows are casting wrong or if the crowd is flashing their cameras during the day. As long as we have a good quality track count to enjoy a good variety of vehicles on, I'll be one happy pappy.

I think since the discovery of smartgeometrics thing, good chances are on our favor.
also, the badned thing really seems to clear up now that we know that shaneus was confirmed to be semi-correct, and no pgr is in sight. and because badned story now makes sense, this also bodes well for his comment on bathurst too ;)
now, thats a decent amount of new tracks, and if things come out like this, I dont think there's a reasonable person that could expect more for forza day 1. And of course, there's nothing better for new h/w than a forza day 1 game :)
about number of cars, I think it all comes down to how large and productive is the internal team that does them, along with the external partners they have on this.
horizon's range of cars seems limited for a forza motorsport game, so I would like to expect more cars than that.
but i will take it with a smile even if it has only the 45 we know of until now :D

eso76

Update to the track list with Bathurst (how could I forget it...)

Rumored

Pacific Raceways (USA)

Mount Panorama Circuit (Australia)

Confirmed

Nurburgring Nordschleife (GER)

FIXED: The ring was confirmed in some interview (and confirmed to have been shot with them lazers).

Sounds like a solid track list for racing enthusiasts assuming most old tracks are coming back,

Still puzzled as to why T10 decided to show so little about the game so far, it really looks like they're behind of schedule.

now that i think of it: BADNED said we would get a decent amount of new stuff 'before Gamescom', then said something had changed and we would get something 'a little later'.

Ok, so anytime now ? this week ?

p3tran

Banned
Still puzzled as to why T10 decided to show so little about the game so far, it really looks like they're behind of schedule.

well, for someone behind schedule, what they've showed is absolutely fantastic.
also, I can try as much as you like, but I cant remember a single time that turn10 hasn't delivered.
would we always want more? sure! because its good. always 8)

Ohhh baby.

Almost makes me wanna get an X1.
3721968_o.gif

you know you'll play it ;)

Mascot

Well we know the game's going to be incomplete on release day, it's just question of by how much.

It must be one hell of a tough ask to hit release date on brand new hardware - I bet Turn 10 are under immense pressure right now. I guess at least they can release an incomplete game and add to it later with updates and car/track DLC - as long as there are cars in the game and tracks to race them on then the game is still completely playable on release day. It must be even tougher to release a story-driven game (like an FPS) to a set-in-stone deadline that needs three fully-realised acts and a 'complete' story with a proper finale.

The lack of FM media so far screams that a lot of the game is still deep in development. I recall John Wendl saying that FM4 was pretty much finished five months before release, so they had all that time left just for polishing and bug removal. FM5 will no doubt be right down to the wire.

eso76

well, for someone behind schedule, what they've showed is absolutely fantastic.
also, I can try as much as you like, but I cant remember a single time that turn10 hasn't delivered.
would we always want more? sure! because its good. always 8)

you know you'll play it ;)

It is, but they've shown so little when, apparently, there's so much going on they could (should) be blowing their horns about.

That track list and 200 (250 ? 300 ?) forzavista cars...that would seal the deal (and knowing Fanatec is at least going to try)...Fuck you T10, i could have done without the X1.

G Rom

I think it's fair to assume they have all the data to make most if not all of FM4 DLC and FH exclusive cars/DLC Forzavista at least. I mean, at the end of FM4 DLC, they were basically doing fan service with the car selection. I mean you don't add old stuff only car lover will love without making them future proof. The question is how many cars were indeed turned into Forzavista.
I hope they did a lot to limit the old cars coming back in DLC. I hated the DLC of Horizon for that as I was basically paying for content I had already paid several times in some cases (FM3, FM4...)...

Xanadu

Banned
I hated the DLC of Horizon for that as I was basically paying for content I had already paid several times in some cases (FM3, FM4...)...

this is the kind of crap i hate the most, and in my opnion it was the same with the porsche pack for forza 4, it should have been bloody free

eso76

I think it's fair to assume they have all the data to make most if not all of FM4 DLC and FH exclusive cars/DLC Forzavista at least. I mean, at the end of FM4 DLC, they were basically doing fan service with the car selection.

Yeah, i'm sure all FM4 DLC stuff was part of FM5 development.
In a way, buying DLC packs we funded FM5 development twice :p

Top Bottom