• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
GUYS

GUYS

New Grand Battle announced for 3DS. Over 85 characters, uses the same chibi style as the Grand Battle games on PS2/GCN. Straw Hats, Doflamingo, Law, Fujitora, Shanks, and Ace are the confirmed characters, whereas Dressrosa Coliseum and Roger and Whitebeard's Final Meeting Place are the confirmed stages. Gameplay seems to be 2D, like Jump Ultimate Stars/Gigant Battle.

Finally, a new One Piece fighting game!!

I won't post links because of scans, but it's apparently being released this Winter in Japan.

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah it'd be quite disappointing if Pika wasn't even able to handle getting hit a single time. Zoro will still wreck him but I hope he puts a bit more of a fight before going down.
i get the feeling zoro's main role in this arc is going to end up him holding off fujitora while luffy fights doflamingo and takes him down. he won't win and might get injured but will probably end up improving in some way.
And please for the love of god, can someone just pin down that fucking Derringer? he's OHKO-ing everyone.
bartolomeo will probably be the one that takes him down. remember that they already had a confrontation and derringer vowed to kill him.

Maybe fish Zoans can swim in freshwasher, but not seawater?

Though a part-Fishman seems more likely.
DF users get affected even in a bath so they couldn't swim in freshwater.

Zingerale

Banned
any kind of water affects them. we just saw luffy get affected by that deep puddle a few chapters ago.

Yea you're right... but I just assumed that puddle had sea water. It's weird 'cause they drink water just fine and they have to bathe like normal people. I'm probably just over-thinking it.

smurfx

get some go again
Yea you're right... but I just assumed that puddle had sea water. It's weird 'cause they drink water just fine and they have to bathe like normal people. I'm probably just over-thinking it.
i read a bit about this and i guess moving water like rain or showers doesn't affect the users. still water like up to their knees or more is what stops their movements. guess only the outside of the body is affected since luffy held a ton of water inside of him when he fought crocodile and was able to move just fine.

aechris

Did anyone notice this?

a3dWzlB.png
150px-Boss_Class_Fighting_Fish.png

This is great! Good eye! Could be he just based his "style" after the fish at Green Bit? If he grew up on Dressrosa he'd know they're pretty strongly feared. He might've just wanted to invoke that in his schtick.

Zeppu

SBS Volume 41:

D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother

O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Fruit users bathing themselves. People who have eaten a Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!

See you next volume!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
For those worried that the titular treasure would be something stupid like "the journey itself is the treasure" or "it's in your heart", Oda has confirmed that is not the case.

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/07/27/oda-reveals-what-the-one-piece-isnt/

Oda: Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?

Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?

Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.

The person he's talking to is Momoko Sakura, the author of Chibi Maruko-chan.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still think it's the Rio Poneglyph.

aechris

I still think it's the Rio Poneglyph.

I am putting all my chips in the All-Blue/Reverse Mountain theory. You can easily find it with Google if you don't know about it, but major possible spoilers because I am pretty confident that it'll be something like this.

Then again, I was pretty convinced Law was Sabo, haha.

GUYS

GUYS

New Grand Battle announced for 3DS. Over 85 characters, uses the same chibi style as the Grand Battle games on PS2/GCN. Straw Hats, Doflamingo, Law, Fujitora, Shanks, and Ace are the confirmed characters, whereas Dressrosa Coliseum and Roger and Whitebeard's Final Meeting Place are the confirmed stages. Gameplay seems to be 2D, like Jump Ultimate Stars/Gigant Battle.

Finally, a new One Piece fighting game!!

I won't post links because of scans, but it's apparently being released this Winter in Japan.
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS been asking forever for this!!!!!!

One Piece being the rio poneglyph seems so telegraphed that it's kind of hard for me to believe that it will be. It makes way too much sense, but there's no way Oda would have it be that obvious.

SolVanderlyn

I am putting all my chips in the All-Blue/Reverse Mountain theory. You can easily find it with Google if you don't know about it, but major possible spoilers because I am pretty confident that it'll be something like this.

Then again, I was pretty convinced Law was Sabo, haha.

I mean have you guys heard the popular one piece theory?
that deals with it being a ocean

Found it. Massive spoilers follow.

Ashura_KingFisher of apforums said:
I've just posted the same thing on one piece manga v2 thread

It's actually a long theory but I will abbreviate it into three points.

Here's the theory :

1. All blue is actually a sea that you couldn't find unless you destroy the reverse mountain. because logically, reverse mountain is where ALL of the 7 seas meet. all species of fishes could live there...

2.: (my personal theory!)One Piece is a condition when all of the seven seas(which is separated by grand line and red line now) get united into one great ocean(aka no separator beetwen them). therefore, you have to destruct both reverse mountain and the other mountain to fuse all of the seven seas. After the destruction, there will be no more east, north, west, south blue, grand line and new world sea. they all should be called "One Piece Ocean".

3. the way Luffy meeting Laboon, finding all blue and getting one piece will be entirely related. since all Luffy has to do is destroying reverse mountain to get all three of them.

so the the ending scenario is : "Luffy co destroy reverse mountain(probably by some ancient weapons)-> the seven seas fuse into 'one piece'-->Luffy reach the title of Pirate King -> they find all blue right exactly at where the reverse mountain was --> meet Laboon--> sing the Song of Life with Brooke and crocus"

one question : So, One Piece isn't precious at all? not at all, One Piece makes Luffy could meet with Laboon again, makes Sanji could find all blue and now people of the world could sail their way more freely^^

-----

For those who thinks nobody needs Reverse Mountain to be destroyed or the oceans to be united in order to fulfill their dreams, well, think again.

Roger's famous quote :

"As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom. These things will never cease to be"

see? it's not just about fullfilling their dreams, it's also about seeking the 'true' freedom. One of the freedom form would be People could sail their way more freely if the ocean's united as whole.

I forgot to mention one thing : reverse mountain is not the only point where all the seas meet. This point also lies on Mariejoa. So it's either Rev mountain or Mariejoa that had to be destroyed... or both of them.

Mariejoa make more sense though for three things :

1. Mariejoa is the symbol of world goverment, the destruction of it would mean the downfall of WG. And the downfall of WG will set people free from the grasp of absolute justice.

2. the destruction of Mariejoa will make truer All Blue, because all species of the world would gather with the fishmans and mermans species of the Fishman Island, which lies on the same point as Mariejoa(based on Caimie's illustration). So, literally all kind of aquatic species would live there.

3. Madam Shirley's vision about FI's destruction. (yes it is still on)
Seems plausible and much more interesting than the Rio Poneglyph theory. Knowing what kind of crazy stuff Oda can come up with, though, saying "it's the Rio Poneglyph" is only the tip of the iceberg... I mean, what's actually written on it? It could be anything. Both of these theories could end up being one and the same - the Rio Poneglyph could
describe how to make the world "One Piece" by destroying the World Government,
as outlined above.

robox

do the characters know what one piece is? probably? otherwise, what's the motivation for all those that chase it so passionately?

BatDan

do the characters know what one piece is? probably? otherwise, what's the motivation for all those that chase it so passionately?

They don't.
There's a notable scene in Sabaody where Usopp was about to ask Rayleigh about it but Luffy yelled at him that he didn't want to know as that would ruin the adventure.

cntr

Banned
They do know why it's called One Piece, though; it isn't clear to the readers yet where the name comes from, Roger didn't mention it when he was executed.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike

Seems plausible and much more interesting than the Rio Poneglyph theory. Knowing what kind of crazy stuff Oda can come up with, though, saying "it's the Rio Poneglyph" is only the tip of the iceberg... I mean, what's actually written on it? It could be anything. Both of these theories could end up being one and the same - the Rio Poneglyph could
as outlined above.

One Piece was left behind by Roger so if that theory is to be believed then Roger would have had to have destroyed those landmarks already which is of course impossible.

Fuck, that's the best OP theory i've ever read. It ties everything so well, and i could really see it happening...

I'm wondering anyway, what will happen when the crew members start fulfilling their dreams. Robin for example? or Sanji? even Brook? i wonder if they'll cast aside everything for the final conflict or war, basically changing their dream for "going with luffy for justice, till everything resolves"...

demidar

One Piece is probably like a Water Water Fruit or something weird like that. Can you imagine how OP that fruit would be?

Xux

So why wouldn't Roger just do it himself?
His disease, probably. To fit with the theory, I'd guess the Will of D is the ability to control One Piece which is why Raleigh or Shanks don't just do it despite an obvious ability and knowledge on how to do so. Whitebeard had no interest (in helping Teach to it) and Dragon was convinced to accomplish something similar by Garp without the mass destruction...maybe?

KHlover

Banned
does anyone know when luffy learned the hardened punch move against hody? binge watching the fisherman arc on crunchyroll and i guess i missed it

He learned it during the timeskip (if you refer to Armament Haki), so we never even saw it in the first place.

(TV 3D2Y special pls *_*)

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
His disease, probably. To fit with the theory, I'd guess the Will of D is the ability to control One Piece which is why Raleigh or Shanks don't just do it despite an obvious ability and knowledge on how to do so. Whitebeard had no interest (in helping Teach to it) and Dragon was convinced to accomplish something similar by Garp without the mass destruction...maybe?

That's a interesting theory that maybe garp convinced dragon that the changed needed to the world could be accomplished through revolution instead of destruction.

I really hope that oda goes deeper into garp's and Dragon's relationship. A vice admiral (who could if been an admiral) fathering the leader of the revolution and being left with his grandson (who admittedly he ditched himself) needs to be explained.

Korosenai

Fuck, that's the best OP theory i've ever read. It ties everything so well, and i could really see it happening...

I'm wondering anyway, what will happen when the crew members start fulfilling their dreams. Robin for example? or Sanji? even Brook? i wonder if they'll cast aside everything for the final conflict or war, basically changing their dream for "going with luffy for justice, till everything resolves"...
If you find that one interesting, have you heard of the Blackbeard Chimera theory?

http://narutoonepiecetheories.blogspot.com/2011/10/blackbeard-and-chimera-zoan-devil-fruit.html

BatDan

Small chapter spoiler

We're getting an appearance from the Dwarf Princess, Manshelly (or Mancherie).

I miss when the spoilers had more detail...

Korosenai

Small chapter spoiler

We're getting an appearance from the Dwarf Princess, Manshelly (or Mancherie).

I miss when the spoilers had more detail...
According to another spoiler I saw...

We will get to see more Franky vs Senor Pink

Kreed

Going off of what SolVanderlyn posted, how/why would the destruction of the two mountains also destroy the Red Line continent and the Grand Line Calm Belt barriers? All that would do is destroy the entrances. The seas would still be separated.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Going off of what SolVanderlyn posted, how/why would the destruction of the two mountains also destroy the Red Line continent and the Grand Line Calm Belt barriers? All that would do is destroy the entrances. The seas would still be separated.

Well with all of the seas rushing into these center points, I'd have to imagine that the calm belt would be severely disrupted, and no longer calm. After things became progressively less tumultuous, you'd likely be able to travel freely from sea to sea through those broken points, the All Blues.

ElFly

It would allow the people out the grand line to travel and trade with each other without having to either go to the grand line or do it via the red line -aka the world government-.

BatDan

So... what do you guys call the Tontatta's species?
Dwarves? Gnomes? "Little People"? I go with the first two because fuck Stephen Paul.

as outlined above.

Roger was executed in Loguetown which was his home port and the question about his treasure and one piece came from the people who lived there. It's possible that One Piece was something he sailed with and even showed to people. Maybe it has some hidden properties or the name he gave it was some word play on what he wanted to happen in the future. What Roger really wanted was a "D" to follow his footsteps and take the journey to Raftel then maybe do what he didn't think he had the strength to do.

The way I like to think of it is that there are secret histories of people how have travelled all the way to the end. The suppressed history in the Poneglyphs possibly about the journeys of people like "joy boy." The journey of "liar" Norland. The journey of Roger who left his secrets with living people like Rayleigh and Whitebeard.

BatDan

There's the Franky we know and love.
Franky and Senor Pink are the strangest pair, it's so great.

Scene breakdown:
1. Underground with Kinemon and Kanjuro.
2. The factory with the dwarves/gnomes fighting back, learning the princess is gone, opening the door for Franky (who manages to escape Senor Pink by tricking him), Franky fights off the factory boss, then Franky and Pink's fight continues.
3. Zoro vs Pica continues. Then Leo gets a call about the princess.
4. Viola also gets a call about the princess and notes that their goal is to find her in the Royal Palace. Ending on showing Manshelly in the palace.

Is that so hard?

Kreed

Chapter 755 was ok comedy wise, but the Franky vs Senor Pink battle needs to wrap up soon, and I hope the other Straw Hats/characters get to their destinations within the next chapter or two. Kanjuro has been great so far with his poor drawing skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom