• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - | 09-09-2014 |

Volotaire

Destiny is here and it's time to talk about it. Once we've gone over our first few hours with Bungie's latest, stick around for further discussion of Drew's introduction to local wrestling, Dan's recipe for bathtub chicken, and the popularity of Giant Bomb among certain royal families.

Download | GB Link

3:00:37

Brad, Jeff, Dan and Drew.

2679456-1936421962-Spiff.gif

LiK

i'm loving these 3+ hour podcasts lately. Brad taking charge with Dan talking nonstop is great success.

So has anyone tried any of these Naturebox snacks?

They're good. I'm on the 10 snacks a month deal for $30 and I'm snacking less than they're sending. I have been with them for about 5 months now and I'm finding myself inundated with snacks. But they're all delicious.

Watch out for the chick peas, they're dryyyyyyyyyy.

Oh, and any snack with "Nom Nom" in the name is fucking awesome.

And try 1 of every granola they have. They're all amazeballs.

Myggen

I can already feel Jeff's 3/5 coming, and with that all the "jaded" comments. It's gonna be great!

Looking forward to Drew talking about going to a local wrestling show.

Feels different now. I haven't listened to much of the bombcast in a while. I honestly don't think the reason for that is necessarily the absence of Vinny - but he IS my favourite and my decline in attention kinda happened around the same time. It's probably partly personal though, and not really being interested in much of the discussion going on with current games.

I'm just a bit down on the current GB crew, and the total difference in my tastes in, uh, life but also games from them now is kinda showing up more.

I'm keeping an eye to see if Vinny starts ramping GB East with a podcast. Enjoying some of the other Giant Bomb output, still, also.

totowhoa

Banned
So has anyone tried any of these Naturebox snacks?

Yep, and they're great. Our company just got a free subscription from them since we're exploring business opportunities together. We've only just received our first batch and I liked them all a lot, but I still have plenty more to try. They're pretty awesome, and definitely worth a try if you're already the type to by somewhat healthy snacks for the house, like granola bars and such. Or, if you work in a place does this, convince whoever orders snacks for your office to give them a shot.

I'm thinking about getting my own sub here soon.

convo

I don't think Jeff's time with the retail game will be enough to guarantee any new discussion because it was essentially what he did in the beta.So i am not setting my hopes up for anything substantial about the over all game. Though i would be shocked if he were to play less than firefall and still try to salavage anything other than a half assed opinion out of his experience. I am actually more interested in his opinion of bungie delaying review copies.
Also bathtub chicken will hopefully be part of Dan's cooking feature for the site.

TraBuch

Banned
All that sous-vide talk is really starting to tempt me. Can I throw some Naturebox snacks into a sous-vide oven thing?

braves01

Banned
I don't usually agree with Jeff, but I am 100% on board with him about Destiny based on the streams I've watched. I guess they all kinda rag on it a bit.

Dizzy-4U

Is Pascual the same Pascual they randomly met during the Matrix Online and Xboxcalype? That's pretty cool if true.

Is he a Mod now or something?

Just listened to the part where Drew said they Molyneuxed it. I definitely remember getting the impression that the scale was large from the way Bungie talked. But now the GB guys sound suffocated by the slim amount of content and how much repetition is involved.

Once everything in the game has been seen, I hope more of that budget is up there on the screen than these impressions lead me to believe.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just listened to the part where Drew said they Molyneuxed it. I definitely remember getting the impression that the scale was large from the way Bungie talked. But now the GB guys sound suffocated by the slim amount of content and how much repetition is involved.

Once everything in the game has been seen, I hope more of that budget is up there on the screen than these impressions lead me to believe.

Im also concerned it's activision going insane with DLC. A lot more could be finished for all we know but they held it all back.

braves01

Banned
Im also concerned it's activision going insane with DLC. A lot more could be finished for all we know but they held it all back.

That would be awful. DLC is to be expected, but it sounds like they didn't leave enough in the base game if that's their plan.

I'm really curious how big the DLC will be and how much there will be. I was a little shocked to see the $35 price tag on the DLC pack today since it's only two pieces of DLC. Those court documents all those years back that first revealed the game also said the original plan was to have a sequel out every other year with a huge add on in between. I wonder if we'll still get that big add on, or just a bunch of tiny DLC packs. I'm just real curious what their long term plans are.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
OH MY GOD DAN AND FOOD IS MAKING ME INSANE WHY IS HE WRAPPING CHICKEN IN TIN FOIL WHAT IS HE DOING

BLARGHAAGADFGH

Ahem. Wow, I have no idea what happened there.

K.Sabot

The Dan Ryckert anime challenge.

oh god brad watched 10 minutes of Kill La Kill. What a terrible anime to watch as a person that doesn't like anime. Know this brad, if you read this, it's not you it's the anime.

FluxWaveZ

oh god brad watched 10 minutes of Kill La Kill. What a terrible anime to watch as a person that doesn't like anime. Know this brad, if you read this, it's not you it's the anime.

Yeah, this seems to be exactly the kind of show people would watch and make a judgement on the entire medium with.

...Um, why would he watch 10 minutes of Kill la Kill, of all shows?

Now that I think about it Destiny is basically this generations Assassins Creed 1.

They are on to something but the current game just doesnt have enough meat on the bones.

K.Sabot

Yeah, this seems to be exactly the kind of show people would watch and make a judgement on the entire medium with.

...Um, why would he watch 10 minutes of Kill la Kill, of all shows?

Internet zeitgeist of nerds that like anime recommending it to every living person they know despite it being for people that REALLY REALLY LIKE AND TOLERATE DUMB ANIME.

Top Bottom