• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YMMV: Free $30 in eshop cards at some Best Buys. CAG thread. WTF!

CAG forum and photo receipt. He has the receipt Whitney!
So here's something cool.

I went into the BestBuy on Roosevelt in Chicago, and saw that the three-packs of $10 eShop cards were listed as "free" for Black Friday.

I showed that to customer service, and they confirmed that the deal was legit: brave BB on Black Friday, get $30 in eShop credit for free (until they run out of cards). The CS guy had to penny it out manually, and he said it was one per customer, so this is very likely YMMV. But worth a shot! I'll probably try one or two other locations right now.

imag0154.jpg

imag0152.jpg

explodet

What is stopping you from just grabbing them all?

That would be horrible... but...
They have to be activated at the register, I believe.
Otherwise the codes inside them don't do anything.

And if it's limited to one per customer, you'd have to make a lot of single trips and hope the persons behind the registers don't give a shit.

You cant pay me 30 bucks to face Best Buy on Black Friday. The parking lots are death traps. Not guarantee they are there anyways.

Oh you can check availability online and there are some near my home and near a Chipotle. Must resist.

If this exists anywhere in Los Angeles I'd be surprised.

Edit: I checked and all best buys have them in stock...but only some have them as free right?

RMI

Banned
ugh i was like 100 yards away from the Best Buy earlier today and didn't go in there. I'm not going out again today. Good get for those who can find them though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What the hell ? Crazy the amount of eShop credit deals in NA.

Neo Dark

Do you think it's possible to order it online and then pick it up in store and when you do it might bounce the free discount?

Heading out now to go test it. Only my 3rd time in life going shopping retail for black Friday. Last year with my ex n her friend, last night for the gold wireless headphones, and right now lol

wanders

You get the the deal if it shows that is free on the tag and your local laws allow for adjusting price mistakes

Top Bottom