• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YMMV: Free $30 in eshop cards at some Best Buys. CAG thread. WTF!

Called the Hillsboro & Portland, OR Best Buys, neither of them seemed to be aware of the promotion. Probably not worth the 40 minute trip to confirm it for myself.

BigK_201

I'm at the store now waiting in line to check out. It took me awhile to fine it, and it was on an unmarked space. I'll probably get it even if it doesn't work just because there is such a big line and no way to price check before getting to a register. :/

EDIT: Definitely did not work. Bummer.

I literally can't find any of these in the store. Its listed as being available here but no where to be seen. Sales associates just called bull even after showing him the pic. They have every other card here for the eshop with a gap in between where this specific version was supposed to be.

I literally can't find any of these in the store. Its listed as being available here but no where to be seen. Sales associates just called bull even after showing him the pic. They have every other card here for the eshop with a gap in between where this specific version was supposed to be.
up at front in gift card area. not found in gaming

imag0152.jpg

if that is photoshopped that is a good job

Didn't work for me, so cal. Wasn't the first one there either that asked. Dude that was ringing me said a company email went out after people abused it.

Well BB is officially bonked. I tried to get some strategy guides after not finding the cards but they weren't in their system so I literally could not purchase them....crazy.

Edit: Salt at the realness smh.

It's definitely not shopped. I got to my store and the hang tag for the three pack was maked "Free" and looks exactly like the pic in OP. I'm in STL, MO. The rack was cleaned out so I walked up front and found like 8 cards. Grabbed one and waited in line. I got to the cashier and it rang up as $25. I said, hey I saw these back there for free can you check for me? And he came with, saw the hang tag and did a double take. Then he said he'd check the website and the site said $25 so he had to decline. Ymmv but it's definitely marked as free at my store at least. Dunno why it's marked that way or why I didn't get it. I hope one of you is luckier than me

Fffffff......
I bought a $35 eShop card today at Best Buy.
I wish I could have looked more for this.

Then again, it may had been cleared out this morning and I didn't realize it.

Ryence

It didn't scan as free, the "free" peg was in the Wii U section. I had to get a cashier to walk with me to look at the tag and try to convince them. Also the cards were not on the free peg, they were on a cardboard standup along the line to the cashiers.

Damnit. Did it have the "Free" tag or did you convince them?

Top Bottom