• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a company that will help you marry your waifu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

You can't make this shit up.

Over the last few years, it’s become a trend for truly obsessive anime fans to start referring to their favorite female character as their wife, or waifu, thanks to the Japanese language’s almost complete lack of terminal consonants. Honestly, the whole phenomena is crazy, because how can you claim someone’s your spouse with no legal paperwork?

Seeking to make the spousal bond between husband and anime wife just a little more legitimate, one company is now offering marriage packs, complete with marriage certificates, for two popular anime lasses.

Curtain Damashi’s bread and butter is curtains decorated with anime characters that you can hang in your home (ostensibly with the characters facing inside, not staring out at your neighbors and making them feel awkward). Two of the company’s newest designs feature Kirino and Ruri, also known as Kuroneko, characters from teen comedy/incest tease Ore no Imoto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai, or My Little Sister Can’t be this Cute.

In order to maximize the curtains’ waifu factor, each depicts the characters in a wedding gown.

oi-9.png

oi-10.png

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/12/...rriage-certificate-for-you-and-your-2d-waifu/

http://www.curtain-damashii.com/index_ag/anime/oreimo2nd/wedding.html#itain2

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Call me when you got that Tenga + Oculus tech worked out.

I'm not going to make fun of people because that's loser-shaming/foreveralone-shaming/virgin-shaming/nerd-shaming.

But man...that is kind of pathetic...and I'm more upset that I didn't think of it. The amount of money this is going to make...sigh. I'm clearly not business minded enough.

Malyse

Yikes! I can only imagine the kind of conversations these inspire.

"My waifu helped me decorate my room."
What makes you think that they have anyone in their life that would visit their home?
I'm not going to make fun of people because that's loser-shaming/foreveralone-shaming/virgin-shaming/nerd-shaming.

But man...that is kind of pathetic...and I'm more upset that I didn't think of it. The amount of money this is going to make...sigh. I'm clearly not business minded enough.
It's one thing to be lonely. It's another try to marry a fictitious character.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Can I have two waifus marry each other? I would so totally have their marriage certificates displayed in my room to prove my OTPs are canon. :lol

I have so many ships I can use this for. :O

Blasty

I wish this "waifu" thing would stop. I hate hearing people call a character, or a real woman their "waifu."

Mononoke

Banned

I'm not going to, but I'm going to anyways.

Malyse

Chariot

Wait a second! Dozens of guys marry the same girl? This is blasphemy!
If someone tries to marry my waifu I cut him or her.

akira28

I have too much faith in people. I would have used this as a mantrap, forced socialization courses, re-personalization, aversion therapy, the works. anyone who would sign up for this needs help, and they can be helped.

How is this not copyright infringement? Does it fall under parody? Or is this company flat-out collaborating with the content creators to feature their characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom