• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Feb |OT2| Kobe Bryant is a MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
http://www.hulu.com/watch/331272/saturday-night-live-cold-opening-linsanity-postgame

ibhiyy1qGsLmP.gif

tumblr_lzepp8ErTN1r3rjuto1_400.gif

IozDz.gif

Someday George Karl is going to write a book about how he defeated his cancer.

After that he'll write another book about the time he had to leave coaching because he got sick.
It will be a one page book detailing how New York gutted their roster and offered it a max deal.

Alternative thread title, courtesy of ESPN:
Chink in Amare

Mothman91

Deron Williams takes full responsibility for Linsanity.

“This all started on me,” the New Jersey Nets star said.

“I don’t really watch too many games, but I do see Twitter, people tweet me and every, you know, three lines it was `Jeremy Lin destroyed Deron Williams,”’ Williams said. “So I definitely took offense to that in the first game and definitely, like I said, I had it circled.”

Re-quotting to make sure everyone knows who was the better PG out of the two games. and forever and ever.

methodman

Banned
Re-quotting to make sure everyone knows who was the better PG out of the two games. and forever and ever.

I think it shows how lazy Deron Williams has been in NJ more than him being better than Lin (if anyone thinks Lin is actually better than DWill, they're a basketball dunce).

Hey guys, I'm a Knicks fan from the 70's Championship era of Frazier-Reed-Ewing, but stopped watching when Stern ruined the league. I'm hooked on again with this Jeremy Lin kid. The "Linsanity" is amazing and has brought fun back to basketball.

Go New York Knickerbockers!

snack

I think it shows how lazy Deron Williams has been in NJ more than him being better than Lin (if anyone thinks Lin is actually better than DWill, they're a basketball dunce).

Exactly this. There's no doubt Deron Williams has the tools to dominate in the NBA but it's pretty evident that he doesn't bring his 'A' game to the floor each night.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

It's pretty fascinating that we can proclaim a point-guard that is averaging 22/8 is being "lazy", but I don't disagree. His roster is pure shit though.

I imagine it's hard to stay super motivated on a shit roster where half the fans are only there to see Mr. Kardashian. Still he is having a very good season all things considering, he is just sort of forgotten.

benjipwns

Banned
Hey guys, I'm a Knicks fan from the 70's Championship era of Frazier-Reed-Ewing, but stopped watching when Stern ruined the league. I'm hooked on again with this Jeremy Lin kid. The "Linsanity" is amazing and has brought fun back to basketball.

Yes, I remember their great battles with Glen Rice and Alonzo Mourning for the right to go to the Finals every playoffs in the early 1980's. Just like then the Heat will be their only threat in the East.

Thats how its DONE!

Nori Chan

hey guys i was a boston celtic fan when they got kg and ray allen but they've been sucking lately and this lin kid has me rollin on my recliner about how good he is

im a knick fan now and i am hooked on this linsanity i was kinda scared to post in this thread and i'm in the top 10 posters in the Jeremy Lin thread so i hope you guys will go easy on me and my opinions about jeremy lin oops i mean the new york knickerbockers ^__________^

methodman

Banned
It's pretty fascinating that we can proclaim a point-guard that is averaging 22/8 is being "lazy", but I don't disagree. His roster is pure shit though.

I think he can be the best PG in the NBA, but he's not entirely mentally checked in. Will see how he does next season on a new team.

also gotta repost from other thread:

lebron: Monte be straight up ballin out there for GS!! #All-Starsnub

lol

Been think about stuff about the Sixers and I was wondering what yall think about our players?

I'm biased so I wanted to know what do you think about certain "pieces"

Mainly guys like Jrue, Lou, Thad, Turner and Iggy in particular.

I wonder if you guys see them as...since we don't get talked about much outside of our coach and out (fraudulent imo) record.

reposting from other thread.

Just trying to check the value of our "talent' for other fans perspectives.

Canuck76

Banned

Yeah it speaks to his talent as a chris paul level point guard. He was being pretty lazy tonight, not really driving a ton, when he was he would just pass it, taking any open 3 he was given but still scoring a whole hell of a lot.

D-Will mouthing off cause he had one good game? What a child.

His team is 10-24 and hes playing like a bum. I don't care about his numbers. Watching him coast through games is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen; I can't believe I once respected him as a player. There was a time where I'd pick Deron over Paul simply because I saw Paul sit back and let his team get blown out by 50 in the playoffs before (58 actually, but at that point, who's counting? ), without any pride whatsoever, but now I see that Deron isn't any different. And all this after forcing his way out and (effectively) getting Jerry Sloan fired.

I'd take Lin over either. At least hes got heart.

benjipwns

Banned
Shameless repost of mega trade from earlier that certainly makes everyone 100% happy forever with no possible dissent!

5oJd9.png

CIxTk.png

The top part of the deal is actually interchangeable so you can send any two players to any of the teams. You could for example also have something like:

Dwight and Amare to Lakers, Josh Smith and Bynum to Magic, Turkoglu and Johnson to Knicks, Gasol and Anthony to Hawks.

And it will still work cap-wise.

The second trade is to get around the broken trade machine, the Odom Trade Exception effectively goes to Atlanta but isn't shown.

Then it's time to start figuring out how to bring in Detroit Pistons superstars Tayshaun Prince, Charlie V, Ben Gordon and Rodney Stuckey in exchange for draft picks and near-expirings to add depth and veteran leadership.

Not trading Bynum/Pau for Dwight/Hedo. trade me Smith instead of Hedo, damn it.

If we're giving up Bynum and Pau for Dwight, need to get back at least capable role players, otherwise it's a lateral move.

A lot of people believe Williams is the reason why Lin’s still in the NBA, but those 25 points on Feb. 4 hadn’t convinced the Knicks to keep Lin. The Feb. 7 deadline for guaranteeing contracts for the season was 72 hours away, and outplaying Williams still hadn’t sold Knicks executives. After that Saturday night game, league sources said a Knicks official was still making calls about whether the Detroit Pistons planned to keep NBA Developmental League call-up Walker Russell for the season.

The Knicks would’ve signed Russell over Lin, sources said. The Pistons had no idea this was happening, but the Knicks were still rooting for Walker to become available. Until Lin had 28 points against the Utah Jazz on Feb. 6, and, well, it was over. The Knicks knew Lin was a keeper, and eventually Williams would get his chance to exact revenge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_jeremy_lin_deron_williams_knicks_nets_022012
Knicks almost cut Lin for another D-league call up had Detroit allowed it. lol.

benjipwns

Banned
Not trading Bynum/Pau for Dwight/Hedo. trade me Smith instead of Hedo, damn it.
Nelson too. As noted Smith or any of the players to the Lakers works, the problem is somebody has to take Turkoglu. I assume that's a requirement for any Dwight trade. Not just because of his salary.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_jeremy_lin_deron_williams_knicks_nets_022012
Knicks almost cut Lin for another D-league call up had Detroit allowed it. lol.
They should have, Walker D is atrocious even for a third string point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom