• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Feb |OT2| Kobe Bryant is a MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Basketball-Reference rolled out a new Shooting Splits chart? It's fantastic:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shooting.cgi?player_id=howardw01&year_id=2012
It's a whole host of new data from PBP starting with:
Event Finder
Search through millions of events to find all field goals for a team, all steals for a player, and much, much more.
Lineup Finder
Search through thousands of 5-man lineups to find the best offensive units, the best defensive units, the best overall units, and much, much more.
Shot Finder
Search through millions of shots to find the most prolific dunkers, the best clutch shooters, and much, much more.
Shooting Splits & Shot Charts
Examine a wide variety of shooting splits and shot charts for every player from the 2000-01 season forward.
They also got gobs more boxscore data:
Now before you get too excited, let me explain: the box scores from 1946-47 through 1984-85 are scans of actual box scores. What that means is that we don't have those games in our database, so you can't search for things like the most points scored by a player during the the 1971-72 NBA season. I should also note that almost all of these box scores are abbreviated, i.e., they only contain field goals, free throws, and points for the players.
Play Index+ Tools are here:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They've been doing well but just gave one away last night against the Nuggets. Williams looks good, but he's playing behind Love so he has very limited minutes. He's also seen as a trade chip by a lot of Wolves fans which is disappointing.

I want to keep Williams and let Beasley go this summer. Tell the Lion to lose 10-15 pounds this summer, come into camp next year in the best shape of his life, and just play him at the 3 full time.

charsace

Udoh gets the starting nod over Beidrins and goes off for 19 points/8 boards and 2 blocks with a +13 +/-. For a coach that emphasizes defense and bringing a defensive culture to the team...it's mind boggling that he still refuses to start his best and most productive defensive player and instead goes with the guy who is worse than Kwame Brown at this point.

I thought Udoh was a bust at the start of the season. Every time I've seen him though he's looked like a guy that should get playing time..

Lkr

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I thought Udoh was a bust at the start of the season. Every time I've seen him though he's looked like a guy that should get playing time..

Udoh had me convinced with the way he was putting in work back at Baylor. I always thought that GS's coaching staff was simply making up excuses not to play him.

I just want to say that reilo is the
d76be011fd21e8471d1b81b102fa81a7.jpg
of Nba-GAF. Why? He stole my line about Amare being the cancer. I started that.

*going back to non Best-GAF trollin*

DX updated their mock:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

1. Davis
2. Drummond
3. Gilchrist
4. Robinson
5. Sullinger
6. Barnes
7. Jones III
8. Henson
9. Tyler Zeller
10. Beal

Barnes should be closer to #2, Jones shouldn't be rated in the top ten...

Just heard on the radio Marvin Williams is demanding a trade.

:JNCx1000000

Al Jefferson and Devin Harris for Marvin Williams, Kirk Hinrich, and a first, you know it would be great.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
Source says next twist in Laker drama will be public support for Kobe from VP Magic Johnson. Column on LA madness: http://bit.ly/wg5x1M
Ken Berger said:
I see @MagicJohnson beat me to the tweet. Check his timeline for the aforementioned public support of Kobe.

Magic Johnson said:
Have to admire what Kobe said having @paugasol back.
Magic Johnson said:
That being said, I still think the @Lakers are 1 or 2 trades away from being able to win the West.

Fascinating. So much politicking.

charsace

Williams can produce for someone. Not the best player, but still a solid one that can play the 3/4. I always thought he would be better as a 4 though.

lol, last year Heat age was the group constantly in defense. now we don't even give a fuck

some of these new LIFELONG SINCE 1970 knicks fans have taken our place

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol pheenix says "we" but is a known snitch
Yeah, but he generally knows that moving on defense and raising your arms around the paint is a good idea which makes him instantly better than Perry Jones.

Words cannot describe my disdain for Tyler Zeller.

I think we've been over this before.

Perry Jones III is a walking draft day cliche.

Jumpottathegymability
Wingspan
potenshul

Plus he looks like T-Mac...and we all know if you have any bit of T-Mac in your game that automatically means you gotta take him. Look at all the other T-Mac clones..all of them were successes..rite.

He's like T-Mac with Garnett's Body.

Can;t miss prospect. His motor concerns me a bit but with NBA coaching his lazyness will go away.

yep.

/Jay Bilas

The above can and will be used in almost every draft for all time.

Jeff-DSA

Charles Oakley was basically knocking over magazine racks on Rome. He called Charles Barkley a coward.

'90s ball is still best ball.

exarkun

being a lin fan is not so bad. if it means I can chill with attractive women who never watched the nba before...

so be it. *hits play on racks on racks*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom