• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Feb |OT2| Kobe Bryant is a MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm still convinced that Dwight will end up on the Lakers.

I'm not.

Dwight wants to play with an elite PG, not with the only starting PG in the league who is worse than Jameer. He'll be livid for the rest of this season if they traded for him, maybe to the point where he won't want to sign an extension with the Lakers.

Wow, FUCK that Pau trade. There's no way that has even a chance of happening, lol.
Why in the hell would the Wolves trade a talented wing in Beasley (just not the smartest bulb on the tree..), a PG that brings energy when he's on the court, and the #2 overall draft pick for an aging C who is declining in skill? Especially when they already have a C in Pek who is showing lots of upside and improvement in this young season.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm not.

Dwight wants to play with an elite PG, not with the only starting PG in the league who is worse than Jameer. He'll be livid for the rest of this season if they traded for him, maybe to the point where he won't want to sign an extension with the Lakers.
Dwight's an idiot. He just wants to dance. He can dance in LA.

Yeah, I'm bitter.

I'm not.

Dwight has no intention of signing with the Lakers period; his interest is solely on New Jersey and that's because of Deron and Prokhorov.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Wow, FUCK that Pau trade. There's no way that has even a chance of happening, lol.
Why in the hell would the Wolves trade a talented wing in Beasley (just not the smartest bulb on the tree..), a PG that brings energy when he's on the court, and the #2 overall draft pick for an aging C who is declining in skill? Especially when they already have a C in Pek who is showing lots of upside and improvement in this young season.

Well, Beasley and Barea don't have a lot of value, but you're exactly right that Gasol isn't coming to the Wolves. Pekovic is younger, much cheaper, and will be an RFA in 2013.

I could see the Wolves maybe wanting a 15 minute energy, shot blocking type backup big to complement Love and Pek, but Gasol isn't happening. So breathe easy.

If the Wolves had somebody competent at the wings not named Wesley Johnson or Martell Webster they would be in playoff contention

I still can't believe Wes was a lottery pick because he has a nice smile

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, Beasley and Barea don't have a lot of value, but you're exactly right that Gasol isn't coming to the Wolves. Pekovic is younger, much cheaper, and will be an RFA in 2013.

I could see the Wolves maybe wanting a 15 minute energy, shot blocking type backup big to complement Love and Pek, but Gasol isn't happening. So breathe easy.
Holy shit, I just remembered the Wolves had Love, LOL! Yeah, that trade makes NO sense.

Yeah I agree. I do see the potential value in getting Gasol because it would be an instant chemistry matchup with Rubio, but the Wolves can't pursue a trade of a lot of their assets for a position where they're already good enough when they have such a glaring need at the wing.

Rodeo Clown

If the Wolves had somebody competent at the wings not named Wesley Johnson or Martell Webster they would be in playoff contention

I still can't believe Wes was a lottery pick because he has a nice smile

Wes also wowed in workouts. Some day, people will stop putting so much value in those.

Strib beat writer says Courtney Lee is the Wolves' target. I don't see it happening, though.

Would the Wolves even be giving up a lot in that trade? Barea is a rotation player. Beasley is a lost cause. It'd basically be Williams for Pau, which depends entirely on how you see Williams turning out in the long run. The tough part of that trade for Minny is the financial commitment, not giving up assets because there really aren't any going out in that deal.

The only possible positive outcome of that trade for the Wolves would be if they could then turn around a quickly flip Gasol for some good wing players (Houston or another team would be interested, I'm sure.)

Wes also wowed in workouts. Some day, people will stop putting so much value in those.

Strib beat writer says Courtney Lee is the Wolves' target. I don't see it happening, though.

I love when prospects scam teams (Actually, no) into tricking them they're good because of a good workout. The NFL is going through that right now. Can't wait to see the Dolphins draft a QB in the first round and a defensive lineman in the first. My body is ready.

Whatever happened to that UCLA guard?

Malcom Lee? Well last I heard the Wolves' coaching staff was high on his future role on the team, but that they're just not ready to put him on the court and give him the minutes he would need to develop. So I'm guessing he's going to go back to the D-League for a while more.

Wes was still going to go in the top 5 before workouts. That he managed to pass Cousins because of his interviews is probably inexcusable, but scouts were already excited because he was really athletic and was producing for a big name program and forgot that he was a super thin PF who was 22 years old and lacked basketball skills.

Piecake

Malcom Lee? Well last I heard the Wolves' coaching staff was high on his future role on the team, but that they're just not ready to put him on the court and give him the minutes he would need to develop. So I'm guessing he's going to go back to the D-League for a while more.

he's been injured for the entire year and just got back fro knee surgery. another brief stint in the D-league will do him some good so that he can get back into basketball shape

The only possible positive outcome of that trade for the Wolves would be if they could then turn around a quickly flip Gasol for some good wing players (Houston or another team would be interested, I'm sure.)
Would you guys do this trade if the Wolves got Reddick as well? Because at that point I think I would.

I doubt Glen Taylor wants to cover Pau's salary though so I don't see this ever happaning

Rodeo Clown

Would you guys do this trade if the Wolves got Reddick as well? Because at that point I think I would.

I doubt Glen Taylor wants to cover Pau's salary though so I don't see this ever happaning

Would I trade Beasley, Barea and Derrick Williams for JJ Redick? Seriously?

SUPREME1

Banned
neyo1.jpg

Neyo walked into a barbershop and asked for the LeBron.

Edit:
Rubio
Love
Pau

You'd see some beautiful passing, that's for sure.

Piecake

Neyo walked into a barbershop and asked for the LeBron.

Edit:
Rubio
Love
Pau

You'd see some beautiful passing, that's for sure.

One of the most overrated aspects of Love's game is his passing. The dude is simply not a great passer. Id call it distinctly average, and I havent seen Love's long bomb outlet pass in like 2 years

One of the most overrated aspects of Love's game is his passing. The dude is simply not a great passer. Id call it distinctly average, and I havent seen Love's long bomb outlet pass in like 2 years
Yeah I dunno what happened to that part of his game. Hopefully he gets better at distributing over time

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist says he's staying at Kentucky, unlike Andre Drummond, he may actually mean it. Gilchrist hasn't been very good at all in the SEC, but he could still be the #2 pick, I think going back would be a mistake...

charsace

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist says he's staying at Kentucky, unlike Andre Drummond, he may actually mean it. Gilchrist hasn't been very good at all in the SEC, but he could still be the #2 pick, I think going back would be a mistake...

Maybe he wants to show what he can do as the featured player? I don't think he should stay either.

charsace

Wes was still going to go in the top 5 before workouts. That he managed to pass Cousins because of his interviews is probably inexcusable, but scouts were already excited because he was really athletic and was producing for a big name program and forgot that he was a super thin PF who was 22 years old and lacked basketball skills.

Guys transition to the 3 all the time from playing the college 4. Wes just sucks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Love is good at the outlet pass, not every pass.

Adding Pau is a stupid move, its a "win now" move for the wrong team.

Pek is now a long term player for the Wolves and a starter in the league, basically get a quality 2, next year move Derrick to the 3 and get yourself a reliable backup 5 and 3.

Giving up on a number 2 pick 3 months into a lockout shortened season is beyond stupid.

Love is good at the outlet pass, not every pass.

Adding Pau is a stupid move, its a "win now" move for the wrong team.

Pek is now a long term player for the Wolves and a starter in the league, basically get a quality 2, next year move Derrick to the 3 and get yourself a reliable backup 5 and 3.

Giving up on a number 2 pick 3 months into a lockout shortened season is beyond stupid.
This. We can only hope that RA, RA's staff and Kahn have this line of thinking. I especially agree with the bolded.

Mothman91

What scares me is the possibility that Kahn has been told that they have to make the playoffs this season in order to keep his job.

I hope he doesn't do anything desperate. What's the point on making the playoffs, you guys aren't going anywhere. Better to build slowly, then do a desperate move on a 31 year old dude.

Yeah, it's not like this is his 4th season in the league or anything...

Haha, well there's definitely still hope for #2 pick Williams although he hasn't shown much so far (hasn't had the minutes really to do anything and the fact that it's halfway into a lockout season for a rookie.) #2 pick Beasley on the other hands should be traded for a pick or a wing if that's even possible at this point.

SamuraiX-

Haha, well there's definitely still hope for #2 pick Williams although he hasn't shown much hope so far (hasn't had the minutes really to do anything and the fact that it's halfway into a lockout season for a rookie.) #2 pick Beasley on the other hands should be traded for a pick or a wing if that's even possible at this point.

Williams, not Beasley.

Beasley's gone, if not at the deadline, definitely this summer. But I wouldn't trade Williams.

Whoops, never mind.

Derrick Williams isn't turning out to be the colossal bust I thought he would. I agree that he should be given at least until his junior season to prove himself.

I don't see how anyone can really hate on Derrick Williams yet.
Wolve fanbase is quick to judge. Personally, when he's playing I see a kid who brings a ton of energy, is a good rebounder, needs to work on his D, needs to thin down so he can guard 3's, decent attacking game...I am very happy with what he has done in his limited minutes, and I think he's got star potential written all over him.

Can someone explain to me why he can't play the 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom