• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVexperto

the first hour and she already tasered the ctu director in front of everyone and nobody noticed how they dragged him through the big hallway lol yep thats 24 alright

just watched it and it was really good! the only downside was Ben's stupid decision; yeah Ben, the government you think betrayed you is just gonna cough up some cash for the information or better yet the terroist cell is just goona cough up just as much cash even though THEY FUCKIN KILLED YOU TEAMMATES AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!(including your wife and mother)

like come the fuck on Ben!!!

So....didn't have s chance to watch yet but is this new guy on the same level of the Jack Bauer power hour or what? I think what drew me in for episode 1/season 1 of the original was jack had Goverment duties and family issues at home.

gasb0705

Banned
just watched it and it was really good! the only downside was Ben's stupid decision; yeah Ben, the government you think betrayed you is just gonna cough up some cash for the information or better yet the terroist cell is just goona cough up just as much cash even though THEY FUCKIN KILLED YOU TEAMMATES AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!(including your wife and mother)

like come the fuck on Ben!!!

It's not 24 if there isn't a stupid person doing stupid things.

Somnia

I'm in! I hope the ratings are good so we get more seasons, I really like the new cast of characters so far.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Well, I watched it. Felt like 24, yeah, but to me Bauer was an integral part of the show. Not feeling this without him. I hope he makes a cameo atleast.

Sloane

Banned
I really liked it! Much more promising start than to the last few seasons, pretty good cast, felt familiar yet at least a tiny bit fresh. A few storyline will probably be turn out super annoying but oh well, that's 24 for ya.

Loved the callback to the original pilot, tasering the CTU boss was a nice touch.

Tugatrix

Well not bad not bad at all, I'll stick around. Carter need to man up, Bauer would have eat at breakfast those guys in his house, the rest I think he's ok in the main role I expected worse. Also unnecessary ego measuring with Edgar memory. Good job Male Veronica Mars, shame you're not paranoid enough for 24. Ohhhhhhh Rebecca just pulled a Bauer stunning CTU director.

Arttemis

Season 6 started out really great, IMO, but the ridiculous family ties in the second half tanked the whole thing.

The nonsense black panther babysitting arc in this season is nonsense. Not sure what I think yet.

Deadly

So the current storylines are:
Carter going after the terrorists
CTU drama
highschool drama
wife and brother drama
president candidate drama

Did I miss anything? The wife and brother thing is probably going to be the worst. The highschool stuff obviously will tie-in with the main terrorists somehow.

Tugatrix

the first hour and she already tasered the ctu director in front of everyone and nobody noticed how they dragged him through the big hallway lol yep thats 24 alright

Prepare for the much necessary torture that will ensure, or this wouldn't be 24.

jb1234

Yeah, that took me out of the show. At the very least, the woman who reported Miranda Otto's character would have been watching her like a hawk.

Future

Yeah, that took me out of the show. At the very least, the woman who reported Miranda Otto's character would have been watching her like a hawk.

I don't know man. Day to day provides so many opportunities to tase the unexpected coworker. :p. Plus the woman had no reason to expect that Miranda would take him out because she had no idea what she was doing besides being in the system. She thought she was just being smarter than everyone

The set up was a little fast. You didn't get a lot of info on exactly why miranda suddenly could trust no one. I feel like it was a directors decision to push this plot point fast since 24 at it's heart is agents going rogue.

Curious where the agents wife plot line will go. Looks definitely like a c storyline with no relation to anything right now. Since his brother is heading that whole thing up, and he's related to the rogue agent, I'm sure he will be a terrorist target eventually and have to use all his goons for good

Oozer3993

Hot damn, that was 24. Loved the first episode. Eric is a fine Bauer replacement. He's clearly no Jack, but nobody could be. I still can't stop adding "on the day of the California presidential primary" to the narration at the beginning of every episode.

RS4-

I don't know man. Day to day provides so many opportunities to tase the unexpected coworker. :p. Plus the woman had no reason to expect that Miranda would take him out because she had no idea what she was doing besides being in the system. She thought she was just being smarter than everyone

The set up was a little fast. You didn't get a lot of info on exactly why miranda suddenly could trust no one. I feel like it was a directors decision to push this plot point fast since 24 at it's heart is agents going rogue.

Curious where the agents wife plot line will go. Looks definitely like a c storyline with no relation to anything right now. Since his brother is heading that whole thing up, and he's related to the rogue agent, I'm sure he will be a terrorist target eventually and have to use all his goons for good

Aisha gonna fuck it all up. Nicole gonna end up on the run with Draymond Green.

Just finished it. Not bad, an Army Ranger with the need for killing isn't a bad plot, hopefully he can wreck some (more) skulls in the future. I spend so much time gaming that the moment I saw him near that huge metal cylinder I thought "fuck yeah, environmental kill incoming"

The professor plotline was so obvious that the moment I saw him leave the class I knew he was going to be an accomplice.

Aisha gonna fuck it all up.

That shit is so telegraphed it isn't even funny. Snitches get stitches though, I hope Nicole pop a cap up her ass. Brother is dead though.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Aisha gonna fuck it all up. Nicole gonna end up on the run with Draymond Green.

Yeeep. That's '24' 101. Aisha is going to get jealous, and then she'll try to sell out Nicole.

liquidtmd

Banned
Interesting...Just watched episode 1.

Was never going to be as charasmatic as Sutherland but few are. For a first attempt, this really wasn't bad as expected.

Not amazing, but to echo - it felt like 24, for better or worse. If it carries on I may just stick with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
did you not watch live another day?
Yes, and he's in Russia. Somehow CTU isn't going to bother to save him?

I know Keifer is too busy being the president on another show, but they should just kill him off at this point rather than just ignore the character altogether. Maybe have a star on the CTU wall like the CIA or something and have Chloe cry about him for a couple of minutes.

Although maybe they're saving him on the off chance his ABC show gets cancelled and they can lure him back with a paycheck. :p

Jack Bauer is the MCU.

This is the TV show.
So Netflix is going to make a darker grittier version of this show??

Kifimbo

Oh yeah, I'm confused. Are they just pretending Jack Bauer doesn't exist anymore?

They mentioned Edgar, and Tony is coming back, so I won't be surprised if we hear about Jack at one point. It just doesn't make sense to talk about Jack Bauer in the first episode of a new season when you are trying to establish new characters.

I wonder if the Chechnya terrorists from the school will lead back to Bauer.

Anyway, first episode was good, but the CTU stuff was getting old three seasons ago.

Well the first season kept me watching for 15 straight hours and got me hooked on the show so I can't relate.

Also no way in hell it's worse than season 6.
Season 6 was terrible on first viewing but I was much kinder on subsequent runs. Except the Aaron/Martha couple. Stupid as shit.

Tovarisc

Jack was pretty much going rogue and disavowed by the government at that point no?

Yeah, they burned down all bridges and buildings at the end. Return of Bauer should be impossible.

-----------

Saw that last squadie going all greedy and betrayal from mile away. Not really fan of that writing, just generates filler because people act moronically.

It's been said a lot but it bears repeating, that was most definitely 24, with all of the ridiculous, absurd tropes one would expect. I'm amazed how quickly they brought up the mole in CTU (or the senator or his secretary). The c-tier plot line at the school (presumably one of the terrorist cells to be activated on the list, I would think). The complete breach of protocol and violation of oh-so many laws in a single hour. The crazy wife of the man protecting Not-Bauer's wife. The immediate escalation of the plot line, which only escalates further. The guy getting knocked down by the big wheel of doom. EDIT: Oh and of course the brain-dampener that forces people to make the worst decisions possible every time.

Sure it's a guilty pleasure and not-particularly great, but it sure is chock-full of entertainment value.

EDIT: As far as whack-the-mole goes:
The Senator - Possible, connected to the wife, gives a reason for him wanting her to step-out of CTU. Going for president which carries a strong likelihood of mole-ness in the 24 universe.
Ingram (ex head of CTU) - Probably not the mole.
Edgar Stile's Cousin- A technical analyst so possible mole, maybe part of a double-mole team with the head of CTU in a Season 1-like shocker.
Head of CTU - Thought of being the mole too early. Probably not the mole.
Mizrani (campaign manager for the senator) - Could have gotten the names of the squad from the senator. Very likely mole-hood.
Shalowitz - The first technical analyst the ex head of CTU chooses. Suspicious of Edgar's cousin. Could be the mole.

I'm leaning towards Mizrani at the moment.

RS4-

I just want the teacher-student plot to be completely un-24 like. I don't want another sleeper cell.

Please be something decent.

EDIT: As far as whack-the-mole goes:
The Senator - Possible, connected to the wife, gives a reason for him wanting her to step-out of CTU. Going for president which carries a strong likelihood of mole-ness in the 24 universe.
Ingram (ex head of CTU) - Probably not the mole.
Edgar Stile's Cousin- A technical analyst so possible mole, maybe part of a double-mole team with the head of CTU in a Season 1-like shocker.
Head of CTU - Thought of being the mole too early. Probably not the mole.
Mizrani (campaign manager for the senator) - Could have gotten the names of the squad from the senator. Very likely mole-hood.
Shalowitz - The first technical analyst the ex head of CTU chooses. Suspicious of Edgar's cousin. Could be the mole.

I freaking love 24 so much.

Does anyone know if this show will be on Hulu? I missed the first episode and would be interested in checking it out.

EDIT: Aw damn, I managed to ask this question at the worst possible time, right before a new episode airs and buries this page, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom