• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Legacy |OT| Designated Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tookay

I'm really hoping something happens to make Tony useful. Otherwise why the hell did they bring him back at all?

I always wondered why they announced Tony's return before the season even started. In earlier seasons, they would have kept it under wraps to surprise you.

Now, I'm beginning to understand what it was about: a desperation ploy, to ensure some fans would stick around until the halfway mark.

Can we swap the lead for Isaac?

Seriously. Isaac has been consistently more badass (and a better actor) than the lead of the show.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Couple of things:

1. Isaac is the only positive thing about this season so far IMO. Eric Carter is a bitch compared to his brother.

2. I absolutely hate the way they've brought back Tony. Who approved this crap? Ugh.

3. I think I'm done with these 12 episode seasons. They just don't feel like 24 to me.

Daffy Duck

This is the thing that drives me nuts about this season. You bring back a guy like Tony, then proceed to give him zero explanation or characterization, then zero dialogue, then make him useless.

We've had that old dude get tortured for a third of a season and it goes nowhere. And this happens constantly with every plot where they just go in circles for hours at a time.

It's just awful, that kind of thing might have worked with 24 episodes were they flesh/pad things out but with only 12 episodes they don't get the luxury.

The whole thing is just a mess and shouldn't even carry the name 24, it's been dire, I'm just sticking with it as I've watched it so far and want to see how it ends.

The whole build up with the original sleeper cell was rubbish as well.

Bishop89

just finished watching episode 8

HG9L0TP.gif

Line_HTX

Is Oded Fehr the same guy from The Mummy? Who was also season 4 villain Marwan who escaped capture several times as if he was using his powers from The Mummy.

No, Habib Marwan was the ACTUAL Mummy. He's a different actor than Fehr, who played Ardeth Bay and had long hair.

:lol

Kifimbo

Starting strong with yet another ridiculous plot device used 100 times in the past. This time with an unknown guard we have absolutely no emotional connection with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom