• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | November 2012 Thread | Welcome Accomplishmenteers

daevv

I got my new 500gb PS3 but I keep getting what looks like a timeout error when trying to sync my trophies. Any ways to fix it or make the sync faster? I thought I seen someone else with the same issue in the October thread but haven't found the post yet.

Oh man we need a shorter name for Accomplishments lol

I nominate... compies

gFL2M.jpg

Andvary

I got my new 500gb PS3 but I keep getting what looks like a timeout error when trying to sync my trophies. Any ways to fix it or make the sync faster? I thought I seen someone else with the same issue in the October thread but haven't found the post yet.

It is somewhat normal if you have many trophies, just keep trying, eventually it will fully sync.

BHK3

Banned
Wow, Splinter Cell is really fucking buggy, I had to restart mission 2 three times already because a totally random alarm will go off, no cameras or people around, just sudden mission failure.

I had same issue only thing that worked was I connected the ethernet cable to the back and now my synching is up to normal. It was some timeout with the wi-fi for me.

brentech

Was working on AC:R trophies when I realized and decided I wasn't going to be able to get the multi player trophies. Stopped that, moved on to NFS:MW and started AC3 (after playing so much revelations, I gotta get my muscle memory to get used to the controls).

So I kind of always play FIFA 13 and Payday: The Heist. Depending on how NFS goes, it may stay around in the multi player keep playing "pile" for a bit.

Was working on AC:R trophies when I realized and decided I wasn't going to be able to get the multi player trophies. Stopped that, moved on to NFS:MW and started AC3 (after playing so much revelations, I gotta get my muscle memory to get used to the controls).

So I kind of always play FIFA 13 and Payday: The Heist. Depending on how NFS goes, it may stay around in the multi player keep playing "pile" for a bit.

Why not? EA didn't develop it, so the online servers are still up, and they don't even take that long to get. Same thing goes with AC3's multiplayer trophies.

Anyway, I've wrapped up all the multiplayer, collectable and kill trophies in AC3 Liberation, so I basically just have to finish the game now. Hopefully I'll get the platinum tonight.

brentech

Every game I've played is full of level 40 plus while I'm sitting on level 2. Get slaughtered as soon as matches start over and over.

You could always try to find another 7 people to boost with.

Platinum #105 - Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Nice to finally get another platinum after a whole month, as I've been really busy until last week and mostly played PSN games, with New Little King's Story on the side.

I think that if it had had another 6-12 months in development, to fix up the story and bugs (though the latter seems to be more of a problem with the engine, so would fall on Montreal), it would've been amazing. As it is, it's still a really good game but let down quite a bit in those two areas. Still, the graphics are fantastic, the gameplay is even better than usual, the locations are great and the missions are almost all well designed.

If I were to compare it with the other AC's (excluding AC3, as I haven't played its SP yet), I'd put it right in the middle. Not as good as AC2 or AssBro but much better than AC1 and AssRev.

Now to move onto AC3 SP and finally wrap up NLKS, as I'm nearing the end in it.

izakq

Wow, I did better than last month. I thought for sure I would do worse in terms of trophies achieved. All those Ratchet and Clank Plats. sure did help.

Lollipop Chainsaw is keeping me busy at this time.

Nori Chan

Lé Blade Runner;43958483 said:
Dishonored isn't easy on the achievements. Try Forza Horizon - a great game with very doable 1000 points.

wat

Dishonored was one of the easiest 1000 I've had in a long time.

You could always try to find another 7 people to boost with.

Platinum #105 - Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Nice to finally get another platinum after a whole month, as I've been really busy until last week and mostly played PSN games, with New Little King's Story on the side.

Still need to get it. How is the MP trophy wise? A big grind or not? Just like AC3 I want to get those done first, is that a viable option?

jimi_dini

Still need to get it. How is the MP trophy wise? A big grind or not? Just like AC3 I want to get those done first, is that a viable option?

Hey StevePharma,

I just found that once you create an account on PSNprofiles, they will update your profile every 24 hours (manual update is possible every hour). So it would be possible to change this thread to use PSNprofiles, we would just need to require everyone to authenticate themselves on that site once. I just did so, hopefully it will work.

(Authentication is done by putting some code into "about me" for 2 minutes, so it's not a hassle and no security issue).

Montresor

Wow, I did better than last month. I thought for sure I would do worse in terms of trophies achieved. All those Ratchet and Clank Plats. sure did help.

Lollipop Chainsaw is keeping me busy at this time.

I hope you enjoy.

My favourite thing about the game is using the most powerful chainsaw attack against a group of 30-plus zombies to string together 4 or 5 sparkle hunting sequences in a row.

"Fuck you and fuck yes!"

Noi

Playing ACIII is making me regret the path of the trophy hunter. So bad.

Hey StevePharma,

I just found that once you create an account on PSNprofiles, they will update your profile every 24 hours (manual update is possible every hour). So it would be possible to change this thread to use PSNprofiles, we would just need to require everyone to authenticate themselves on that site once. I just did so, hopefully it will work.

(Authentication is done by putting some code into "about me" for 2 minutes, so it's not a hassle and no security issue).

Still need to have PSNprofiles implement a point system.

brentech

Hey StevePharma,

Thought it had you log in with PSN credentials, which I'm not exactly doing anywhere but an official Sony site.

jimi_dini

Thought it had you log in with PSN credentials, which I'm not exactly doing anywhere but an official Sony site.

They had this previously. Sony didn't like it (and I didn't want to do that either). So they changed it to:

6gJZb.jpg

- copy/pasting SessionID out of a valid PSN login (wouldn't do that)
- getting a random code from PSNprofiles, putting that inside "about me", pressing a button afterwards and done ("about me" may be restored right afterwards)

both of those methods will let you create an account on PSNprofiles - you don't have to and should not use the same e-mail adress nor password as on PSN

And the point system shouldn't be a problem. Just write a little script that will calculate points based on trophy count. Should work out.

It'll take a few hours but requires so little effort, you can watch something on TV while doing so (though your Vita should probably be plugged in as you're doing it). The thing about MP in Liberation is that the XP that's handed out with each attack/defence is the same regardless of how much damage you do. So what you can do, is kick a contested home node and continually attack it with one agent, even when the agent is out of energy. You'll continue earning experience and earn a few challenges in the process (including ones that require you to attack on your home node, which is why that's best).

As you're doing this, you can also have all your other agents working on the economic missions. I believe one of the economic missions in North America only lasts 8 minutes, so you should easily be able to get 30 done long before you finish grinding XP.

brentech

They had this previously. Sony didn't like it (and I didn't want to do that either). So they changed it to:

6gJZb.jpg

- copy/pasting SessionID out of a valid PSN login (wouldn't do that)
- getting a random code from PSNprofiles, putting that inside "about me", pressing a button afterwards and done ("about me" may be restored right afterwards)

both of those methods will let you create an account on PSNprofiles - you don't have to and should not use the same e-mail adress nor password as on PSN

And the point system shouldn't be a problem. Just write a little script that will calculate points based on trophy count. Should work out.

Alright. Wasn't long ago that there was any option to not use PSN ID......with this method I'm totally down with it. I've wanted an account there for a long time, as it's a well developed site. Thanks for the update on that.

edit: signed up, got my account

Cudder

Wow, Splinter Cell is really fucking buggy, I had to restart mission 2 three times already because a totally random alarm will go off, no cameras or people around, just sudden mission failure.

Which one? If you're referring to the first one, I believe you have to hide all bodies into shadows before you progress through a level checkpoint, because the game does a behind-the-curtain check, even if there are no guards left in the area. An alarm will sound if you don't.

daevv

Looking for a fireteam buddy to play a few rounds on Warfighter till our team wins. Trying to get the Buddy achievement on Xbox. I'd ask here before getting a random from one of the boosting sites.

Noi

Black Ops Declassified (VITA)

No MP trophies.

I'm down, even if it's Nihilistic!

Out of curiosity, do all the CoD games with trophies not have Multiplayer ones? The only one I've ever played was MW2, which had Spec-Ops, but no straight up "play the online multiplayer" trophies.

No, this is not a thinly veiled attempt at having people post more so we can hurry to page 2.

Atolm

Finished 999 in preparation for VLR and I loved it!!

Back to Okami HD for a few days, at least until VLR arrives.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Out of curiosity, do all the CoD games with trophies not have Multiplayer ones? The only one I've ever played was MW2, which had Spec-Ops, but no straight up "play the online multiplayer" trophies.

Most do have some online trophies but those are the Spec Ops & Zombie related Trophies

From COD4 till COD MW3, no Competitive MP trophies

BLOPS II will be the first COD to add Competitive MP trophies

You have to Prestige Once to get Platinum

No Competitive trophies for BLOPS Declassified

Cornbread78

Yes

I stopped caring to get on top of the leaderboards

I had certain gaming goal set-up before FFXIV released

Level: 25+
Trophies: 5,000+
Platinums: 100+

I'm still waiting on FFXIV

Just set newer goals

Level: 40+ (8 levels away)
Trophies: 10,000+ (2,500 Trophies away)
Platinums: 200+ (79 Plats away)

Also have double Digit Platinums on my Vita, up to 3 so far

Which reminds me, didn't we all set goals in the January thread? I wonder how far off we are from our trophy goals? I know mine have been shot to $hit by playing so much White Knight Chronicles II online as well as BF3 and MW3....

Noi

Most do have some online trophies but those are the Spec Ops & Zombie related Trophies

Yeah, that's what I meant. MW2 had Spec Ops ones, but you could play those in single player if you wanted.

Presitiging for a Platinum.. Yuck. Not that I was gonna get the game anyway, but that pretty much sealed the deal on that.

Yeah, that's what I meant. MW2 had Spec Ops ones, but you could play those in single player if you wanted.

Presitiging for a Platinum.. Yuck. Not that I was gonna get the game anyway, but that pretty much sealed the deal on that.

I don't have the plat on Black Ops (Do have plats for CoD HD, WaW, MW2 and MW3) because of the stupid Zombie trophies . So if there's any savants out there for that mode.... ;)

Acltually BlOPS had one competitive trophy I believe (which I also don't have), the one where you have to win 5 Wager matches.

GraveRobberX

I don't have the plat on Black Ops (Do have plats for CoD HD, WaW, MW2 and MW3) because of the stupid Zombie trophies . So if there's any savants out there for that mode.... ;)

Acltually BlOPS had one competitive trophy I believe (which I also don't have), the one where you have to win 5 Wager matches.

Only Plats I don't have are COD Classic (Don't own it) and BLOPS (got burned out and didn't get the zombie trophies)

So I can be your buddy Steve!

Oh yeah the wager match one, but that shit was hella easy, not that hard
One in the chamber, just survive, most people leave after there lives are done lol
Get into the top 3.. hehe

Noi

Since you brought up FFXIV GRX, I wonder what the trophies for the PS3 version will eventually be. I know that I could use the XI achievements as a point of reference but... I'd rather not. I want to play XIV 2.0, but I'd rather not spend the next few years working on one platinum. D:

BHK3

Banned
Which one? If you're referring to the first one, I believe you have to hide all bodies into shadows before you progress through a level checkpoint, because the game does a behind-the-curtain check, even if there are no guards left in the area. An alarm will sound if you don't.

I'll try that, I watched a walkthrough of a guy just killing and blowing through the level but he didnt get any alarms at the spots I did. I'm getting alarms at different points of the level though.

GraveRobberX

Since you brought up FFXIV GRX, I wonder what the trophies for the PS3 version will eventually be. I know that I could use the XI achievements as a point of reference but... I'd rather not. I want to play XIV 2.0, but I'd rather not spend the next few years working on one platinum. D:

It is my Destiny to get FFXIV Platinum!

All Jobs level 75 and get the Matt Cap equivalent =D

I swear to god if SE goes the DC Universe route, RAGE!

Noi

It is my Destiny to get FFXIV Platinum!

All Jobs level 75 and get the Matt Cap equivalent =D

I swear to god if SE goes the DC Universe route, RAGE!

I just looked this up and... 15 trophies for the base game, with 57 total spread across five $10 DLC packs? Wow.
KuGsj.gif

Cudder

Only Plats I don't have are COD Classic (Don't own it) and BLOPS (got burned out and didn't get the zombie trophies)

So I can be your buddy Steve!

Oh yeah the wager match one, but that shit was hella easy, not that hard
One in the chamber, just survive, most people leave after there lives are done lol
Get into the top 3.. hehe

I don't have the Blops platinum because of the Zombies trophies too. Can we set something up to get them? That would be pretty cool.

Returners

WTF.

I got burned on both MW2 and 3 for the Mission modes. Friends I have just aren't that good.

Footos22

Finally playing my first PS3 game for a while. Battlefield 3 on 360 is still a massive time hog for me. up to 45 hours played now online i think.

Zone of the enders HD is my first entry back into platinum hunting
Another hours playtime and ill have the platinum.
Hella Easy. 3 1/2 hours to plat.

Risgroo

Bah, I'm giving up on the AC3 platinum, there's just too much shit to do. I'll just finish up the MP trophies before I quit. My trophy powers are weakened.

mocoworm

4th on the 360 list ! How the hell can I get to #1 when ppl are posting 10k months. Looks like I will have to put some serious time in :D

orion434

Made it to 150K Gamerscore earlier in the month... currently playing The Witcher 2 and Halo 4. Need to start completing games with 100% again.

I don't have the Blops platinum because of the Zombies trophies too. Can we set something up to get them? That would be pretty cool.

Sure. Just add me on PSN and we ca probably make something happen. GraveRobberX probably wouldn't mind either. :)

Zone of the enders HD is my first entry back into platinum hunting
Another hours playtime and ill have the platinum.
Hella Easy. 3 1/2 hours to plat.

Is the PS3 version as unplayable as people suggest? I have given up hope on Konami after SH HD Collection :/

oh and btw Original Gamer trophy in AC3 can die in a fire :)

Top Bottom