• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Cult |OT| Sarah Paulson Suffers In This One, It Must Be Good

zeemumu

Yeah I had a feeling the neighbors were in on it. Now I just need confirmation that Ivy's in on it and I win "called it" bingo.

Yeah I had a feeling the neighbors were in on it. Now I just need confirmation that Ivy's in on it and I win "called it" bingo.

Ehhh she's not just fucking with her partner in this scenario, she's fucking up her child too. Seems less likely because of that.

I'm still not sure about this season. Not scary. Social commentary feels forced. People are doing a lot of stupid shit. The characters I'm supposed to like I'm annoyed by.

Like right now I'm kinda rooting for the clowns and just hoping the kid ends up OK

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
- Colton Haynes is hanging out with the neighbors, who are connected to Kai (also, I wonder if it's significant that Kai, Winter, and Colton all have unnaturally colored hair?), but is he working with them?

- The therapist was playing with smiley face pins and knows everyone's phobias, so he's probably the one feeding the info to the clowns (if he isn't one himself).

- They did that pet-in-the-microwave thing back in season one.

- The therapist was playing with smiley face pins and knows everyone's phobias, so he's probably the one feeding the info to the clowns (if he isn't one himself).

Unless they're bludgeoning us in the face with the obvious to try and trick us, he's most definitely in on this. How else would the clowns figure out that girl's phobia of being buried alive?

It also makes sense that Paulson is a target if he's in on it. Otherwise they're just choosing people to terrorize at random? And like you said ... how would the clowns know she's terrified of clowns and hates textures with small holes?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Unless they're bludgeoning us in the face with the obvious to try and trick us, he's most definitely in on this. How else would the clowns figure out that girl's phobia of being buried alive?

It also makes sense that Paulson is a target if he's in on it. Otherwise they're just choosing people to terrorize at random? And like you said ... how would the clowns know she's terrified of clowns and hates textures with small holes?

Yeah, I'm thinking he's probably their ring leader - a twisted psychopath who terrorizes people after getting them to tell him their deepest fears.

Not quite sure how Kai factors into his plan - I assume, based on the fact that Winter lied to the cops about seeing the clowns at the Changs' and her general nonchalance to all things Evil Clown, that they're involved, but I might be wrong - or if he's a completely independent entity. Perhaps Kai is the brain of their cult and the therapist is the brawn?

Hated the first 2 episodes but them going full stupid with this episode has completely changed my opinion of this season(atm.)

Definitely better than Coven already at least.

I can't tell if I really like this season or if I hate it. It's so damn goofy. I also feel like they are making it too obvious the Dr. is in on it so I am betting he isn't. (I'm probably wrong) Also the password being Clownz for Ivy's computer is interesting.

Taruranto

Can't Lana Banana go five seconds without throwing a fit. I mean, I know she's under a lot of stress and I can sympathize, but jeez.

Anyway, how many are into the clowns business? The psychologist feels like a red herring, too obvious.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I really enjoyed that episode
though it is absurd that they would get bars fitted on their house and not some kind of cctv system

zeemumu

Ehhh she's not just fucking with her partner in this scenario, she's fucking up her child too. Seems less likely because of that.

I'm still not sure about this season. Not scary. Social commentary feels forced. People are doing a lot of stupid shit. The characters I'm supposed to like I'm annoyed by.

Like right now I'm kinda rooting for the clowns and just hoping the kid ends up OK

The two options are that her kids messed up because she's inept or her kids messed up because she planned it

Yeah, I'm thinking he's probably their ring leader - a twisted psychopath who terrorizes people after getting them to tell him their deepest fears.

Not quite sure how Kai factors into his plan - I assume, based on the fact that Winter lied to the cops about seeing the clowns at the Changs' and her general nonchalance to all things Evil Clown, that they're involved, but I might be wrong - or if he's a completely independent entity. Perhaps Kai is the brain of their cult and the therapist is the brawn?

Agreed. I don't think Kai would be the leader. He's currently being portrayed as such. Too straight forward.

The two options are that her kids messed up because she's inept or her kids messed up because she planned it

Right. One is clearly a darker concept than the other. I'm not sure the show would have a mother intentionally horrify and terrify her child like that.

Vico

Man, It's really the opposite for me. I thought the two first episodes had some stuff going for them, but that last one... I couldn't take it seriously even for a second.

zeemumu

Right. One is clearly a darker concept than the other. I'm not sure the show would have a mother intentionally horrify and terrify her child like that.

You don't think this show that had a man burned alive over custody and had a kid watch execution videos over the internet would allow a mom to be mean to her kid?

This episode and season feels like it is more trying to make a social commentary on American's post-election than tell an interesting scary story.

This episode and season feels like it is more trying to make a social commentary on American's post-election than tell an interesting scary story.

Agreed. I liked it at first, but it's starting to get too silly. The sombrero wearing white neighbors, lol. There are things I like and dislike so far. I'm hoping Murphy is able to flesh out the cast of characters as he usually does. I think that the conspiracy involving Kai is huge, with literally everyone but the lead being in on it. Give him enough time and he'll make them interesting and likable as usual. Followed by the usual awful ending.

You don't think this show that had a man burned alive over custody and had a kid watch execution videos over the internet would allow a mom to be mean to her kid?

Yes lol, that's what I said. A mother torturing her own child is an incredible dark and disturbing concept. I mean I could be wrong, but I think that would be a new and darker place the show (and most shows ever really) hasn't previously gone.

Top Bottom