• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
"Update, October 28th, 12:00PM ET: We've had a chance to briefly use the Droid Turbo and feel a bit underwhelmed by it. It's a very similar experience to Motorola's own Moto X, but without the nicer design and better materials. The quad HD screen is nice, though it didn't get bright enough when outdoors, and we didn't notice the Turbo to be any faster than the Moto X in our brief tests. The ballistic nylon finish is definitely unique, providing a bit of grip and a different feel than a plastic or metal phone might. We still prefer the leather or wood options on the Moto X, but could see where the nylon would appeal to a certain customer. Of course, the biggest story with the Turbo is its proclaimed battery life, which we'll be putting to the test in our upcoming review. "

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/28/7082721/motorola-droid-turbo-verizon-price-announcement

You can't quote your own site patel .

Pathos

Banned
Installed Cyanogenmod on my S4 yesterday. I have to say, this is great. Phone is much faster, no bloatware, better performance (less lag), and the battery lasts much longer. The time to fully charge has also decreased.

Installed Cyanogenmod on my S4 yesterday. I have to say, this is great. Phone is much faster, no bloatware, better performance (less lag), and the battery lasts much longer. The time to fully charge has also decreased.

Do they have the one click installation available for the S4? Sister has one and was interested when I mentioned Cyanogenmod before. Haven't had the time to look into it much for her yet. They had the one click install when I put it on my phone, but I'm not sure if it's different for other brands (I installed on a Nexus device).

NotBacon

"Update, October 28th, 12:00PM ET: We've had a chance to briefly use the Droid Turbo and feel a bit underwhelmed by it. It's a very similar experience to Motorola's own Moto X, but without the nicer design and better materials. The quad HD screen is nice, though it didn't get bright enough when outdoors, and we didn't notice the Turbo to be any faster than the Moto X in our brief tests. The ballistic nylon finish is definitely unique, providing a bit of grip and a different feel than a plastic or metal phone might. We still prefer the leather or wood options on the Moto X, but could see where the nylon would appeal to a certain customer. Of course, the biggest story with the Turbo is its proclaimed battery life, which we'll be putting to the test in our upcoming review. "

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/28/7082721/motorola-droid-turbo-verizon-price-announcement

Oh shit, it's like I know what I'm talking about or something....

bets on iV giving a 9 on battery for the droid?

3 because it's not Sony

Hasney

Please could you post your managers contact details please osiris? I don't believe the Motorola brand would like to be represented like this and it should be noted in your performance review.

As for the Droid Turbo back, I like them all... Just wish it wasn't plastered with Version. The world has changed since the last Droid, maybe we'll get lucky and they will release it over here as another Motorola variant.

malyce

Malyce, refresh us on what phone you have again or are getting? I'm taking notes to make sure I get the quotes for you correct for 2014/2015 Android threads.

My prophecies are always fulfilled. I've stated what phone/phones I've owned multiple times in this and the previous android threads, but fear not my friend, the Moto X will remain put in the mid range handset segment even after lollipop, so there's no fear of it not topping its class.

Is there any keyboard that keeps its portrait width even when in landscape? I never realized how annoying it is to type in landscape until Boom Beach's latest update that includes team chat.

tzare

Tried to switch to ART , but Note 4 doensn't like it at all, crashes all the time and preparing apps at every fucking reboot , getting hot as hell and eating 10-15% battery every time.
Hopefully Samsung fixes everything for L, KK feels so dated now after been used to it on my N5

CronoShot

The Nexus 6 will almost certainly use the same screen (but bigger, obviously) so that's not a great sign.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Called it!:

A global version of Motorola Droid Turbo to be unveiled in Brazil

gsmarena_002.jpg

https://tecnoblog.net/168367/motorola-droid-turbo-moto-maxx-brasil/

tbh, i was concerned about battery life with the moto x. turned out its fine for me. but the turbo obviously exceeds "fine" by my standards. but as the others have said, the turbo is pretty much superior to the x in all aspects. ive got a few days left to decide, but i need to know if costco will carry the turbo and how much more will i have to pay on top of the $50 i paid for the x.
Exactly. All I'm saying is you may want to future proof your phone so that it's still up to snuff 2-3 years. You have Verizon as your carrier right?

#rekt

Hasney

Exactly. All I'm saying is you may want to future proof your phone so that it's up to snuff 2-3 years. You have Verizon as your carrier right?

#rekt

As always, wait for someone other than The Verge to test it, but I wasn't expecting it to be a huge upgrade. I'm sure the internals are being used to power that screen mostly. But battery life....

Hasney

I wouldn't like that. The iPhone 6 feels like I could snap it at any moment as it is. I can't imagine that feeling anything but fragile.

Hasney

I could deal with no headphone jack as I switch between that and a bluetooth set anyway, but I'd need a bigger reason than thinness. I don't mind a thicker phone.

I hope it comes to the US officially. However, I fear Verizon would keep it out or timed exclusive until 2015.

Exactly. All I'm saying is you may want to future proof your phone so that it's still up to snuff 2-3 years. You have Verizon as your carrier right?

#rekt

Well, yeah, QHD requires more power to run. The Turbo has a better camera and an insane battery life, which makes it absoltely worth it on paper.

My only complaint is the use of capacitive buttons.

Zeppu

Thinness is the most overrated metric OEMs insist on striving for. Anything below 8mm is pointless. Lightness is a much better metric to aim for.

Thinness is the most overrated metric OEMs insist on striving for. Anything below 8mm is pointless. Lightness is a much better metric to aim for.

Even that, for anything other than a tablet, is fairly pointless now. I've never felt my phone was too heavy, even when I had a G1.

g1_main.jpg

OG lyfe! I wish they still gave little pouches for phones like they did with that and the N1

I'm still depressed that I lost my N1 pouch. Dammit.

Also, is it weird that I feel compelled to get the N6 solely because I have all the other major ones (no S, cause that was just a Galaxy)?

46d80aff2996a5c7e70ce8b66fea5940_zpsbf0d734c.jpg

Toki767

Actually found my Motorola Razr last weekend.

First phone was one of those small Nokia phones though. The Nokia 8260 I believe. It played Snake like a champ.

First smartphone was that T-Mobile Dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom