• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Palmer_v1

Vote: Seath

(Conway Stern is guy Archer beating up in gif below)
tumblr_ni96puBlRy1rkljv1o2_500.gif

4553894-0607288548-ezgif.gif

I couldn't find a better one.

Palmer_v1

tumblr_mgtfodlDeR1qi7deco1_250.gif

I'm actually somewhat afraid to vote Seath out. This all just seems too easy. I'm having terrifying flashblargs right now.

You have to vote this kind of player out. All it will do is sidetrack us over and over like it is currently. This should have been a productive day, but then we got ER's early role claim and now this.

Kevyt

I call my Mafia game playstyle "suicidal" I just love being on the edge.

Hey! That's how I play! I don't want anyone getting mad at me... D:

Well at least you guys know who to vote for because I'm not beneficial to town, and you already know who you're voting out.

It's my gift to you all.

giphy.gif

:<

.... guys, there really is no suicidal role in GAFia, right? Can there be ANY reasons why Seath is doing this to his role's advantage? Is there a role that will ~WIN~ if they get lynched except the Jester????

I couldn't find a better one.
lol

This should have been a productive day, but then we got ER's early role claim and now this.
I roleclaimed to helped productivity. Besides no one else has come forward with any other info atm. So whose (sp?) to say how productive the day wouldve been.

If Seath's claim is true then all he had to do was counter claim Archer and convinced you guys to vote for me. Me getting lynched wouldve proved I was Archer but he wouldve met his win condition already. I most likely wouldve most likely sacrificed myself to prove him wrong so this game was very winnable for him.

Kevyt

lol

I roleclaimed to helped productivity. Besides no one else has come forward with any other info atm. So whose (sp?) to say how productive the day wouldve been.

If Seath's claim is true then all he had to do was counter claim Archer and convinced you guys to vote for me. Me getting lynched wouldve proved I was Archer but he wouldve met his win condition already. I most likely wouldve most likely sacrificed myself to prove him wrong so this game was very winnable for him.

Or maybe you're just lying and me voting for you would have been too obvious.

Palmer_v1

lol

I agree completely that Seath had a good chance at completing his goal today. Now we have no choice but to lynch him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe you're not as hungry to win as some other players, but you should at least pretend to try, if only for the sake of 21 other people. Or you could always ask to be replaced if you didn't feel like playing.

VOTE: Seath

YesNo: There are roles that want to be voted out but they're rarely used because they have a tendency to warp games.

Palmer_v1

Maybe you're not as hungry to win as some other players, but you should at least pretend to try, if only for the sake of 21 other people. Or you could always ask to be replaced if you didn't feel like playing.

YesNo: There are roles that want to be voted out but they're rarely used because they have a tendency to warp games.

Those roles have effectively been houseruled out of GAFia.

Kevyt

I only role claimed and said that my role wasn't that beneficial since day 1. Ezekel role claimed too. Other players have role claimed in the past as regulars or town with no specific abilities.

I don't see how this equates to not wanting to play. But okay... ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Darryl

Banned
lol

Wow

Vote: Seath

Kevyt

I even posted that if the way I was playing was annoying or unwanted, based Ourobolous could mod-kill me if it bothered people that much on day 1.

This is how I play... Sorry. I just want to have fun. I'm having fun! Is anyone else having fun?

squidyj

Just to clarify, by Palmers comment do you mean this?

As if so then yeah I agree with that idea. On Day 1 the mafia can just sit back and let town lynch themselves, they really don't need to do much. Someone who is actively searching on day 1 is likely town in my eyes. If I wanna throw doubt around I suppose it could also be a good cover for mafia however. As Day 1 is all based on hunches I feel like there is less to trace back in regards to how players act. If this is the comment your on about I don't really see it as saying "i know this guy is town and I want to softly push town into seeing you as scum for pushing an incorrect lynch" however.

Right now I just see you as a town that made a mistake. As someone who throws out a lot of accusations your not going to hit the mark every time. And as he been said even if you were a mafia PR, unless it was a very unorthodox one, you wouldn't have known anything about visualante anyway (meaning him being the Dr would be a happy coincidence for hypothetical KGB squidy) and if you just needed to protect GLT from eviction there were easier paths to take than starting an eviction on visualante.

No it was earlier than that one.

Anyways with all these role claims going around I'm going to role claim too.
My role is Bunsen Honeydew. At night I can detect gorillas and maybe get shot.
I did not detect any gorillas last night, I also did not get shot.

I've been on a bit of a muppets kick lately

squidyj

So... we know we're going to lynch Seath sometime and the question I have to ask is, is this the right day? I mean he's a claimed neutral and he needs to be lynched but I don't think a lynch like that should ever come before we've exhausted discussion, at the end of the day.

Palmer_v1

So... we know we're going to lynch Seath sometime and the question I have to ask is, is this the right day? I mean he's a claimed neutral and he needs to be lynched but I don't think a lynch like that should ever come before we've exhausted discussion, at the end of the day.

If it gives us even a modicum of info towards ER, it's worth it today.

Ourobolus

Banned
Current votes:

El Topo (0)
Palmer_v1

Seath (8)
roytheone
YesNOnoNOYes
Mazre
Seath
Palmer_v1
EzekelRAGE
Haly
Darryl

cooljeanius (1)
Haly
cabbeh

Darryl (1)
QuantumBro

squidyj (2)
Zubz
Septimus Prime

Day 2 ends at:
t1439499600z1.png

Just because you watch the show doesn't mean I won't string you up!

We should hang out
lol

I'd be cool with it, maybe we can look at the bandwagon votes for Seath. Also seems like only have the ppl have posted in this game so far? At least it doesnt feel like everyone has posted so far neway.

If it gives us even a modicum of info towards ER, it's worth it today.
What if he is lying about his role and we learn nothing. Even if he is who he says he is, that doesn't really back up my claim

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't see how this equates to not wanting to play. But okay... ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

The game is designed under the assumption that all players have a reasonable desire to win.

How, may I ask, is claiming this supposed to help you win? Because if you don't have a reason then you're really actually just ruining the game. And saying he should modkill you is insensitive. The main reason we keep subbing in players is not because we want to give everyone a shot (although this is a very good reason by itself), but because modkilling can ruin the pace and balance of games.

I really dislike people who do this, coming from a Dota background where just having one guy fool around is enough to ruin a game or make it unenjoyable, even if I win. It's selfish, Seath. I regret running you out in the AC game but this is inexcusable.

Also if we have no investigator cop type coming forward (they shouldn't unless they have got a KGB scum dead to rights) then what will we discuss the rest of the day? How I am such an awesome spy? I wonder if Framboise is here.

Kevyt

Excellent, most excellent.

I actually am not Conway Stern. But this post above is all I needed. I'm surprised you all forgot about this:

Let the mind games begin

giphy.gif

Before you all get worked up, here's my strategy and allow me to explain:

You see, Ourobolous and I actually had a talk and what was permissible or wasn't. He did agree that fluff talk was fine as long as it was with a purpose. Now, I wouldn't want to be evicted day 2, because I want to play and make it longer than I did on the previous game. However, I wanted to take a risk.

Claim a role that had no importance and was not in the game. However, I did too had to talk to ourobolous and ask him if such thing was fine, because I had to find a role that exists in the tv series and was not used in the game. Obviously he couldn't tell me what roles were in the game but I did understand that I could fluff talk and use someone from the Archer game. This could backfire to me if I used by accident someone's role or character and prove that I was lying. As I said it was a risk I was willing to take. I also self voted for myself, and as you can see I did it with a purpose. It was to make people talk.

Alas, this is my investigation, experimentation and hopefully this will pay off:

Notice that squidyj is interested in saving two persons: tiger and myself. But why is that?

Tiger, could be prove to be beneficial to squidyj, partner in crime or perhaps he is more interested in other targets:

If I wanted to save tiger I'd go in for jeanius that's the high probability shot. What I want to do is actually hit mafia today, of course Haly doesn't think that's what day 1 is about. . I just don't think we can let visualante slide through. If they're not here to defend themself that's not my problem at this point, there's enough there right now for an argument to be made and shifting it to be a problem for another day phase is a mistake.

Notice that he is suspicious about Haly, a player who is always over-analytical and has proven to be of difficulty to Mafia because of his deductive skills:

If I die tonight, don't trust Haly, I haven't pushed to get him gone because he's been active but he hasn't exactly been reading as town to me.

I've flipped in my opinion of Arkos, I think he's just a weak town, and I trust cabbeh as well (thanks ouro)

Quantumbro, Burbeting and Palmer all lean town for now as well.
slightly town is ynnny

I'm not sure what to make of hobohodo, seath, or mike_hawk, just not enough for me to grasp there.

cooljeanius, greatlord, Zubz, razmos, visualante2 are all leaning scum to me but I think it's impossible that they're all scum together, particularly jeanius and greatlord.

More suspicion of Haly:

I've found every interaction of Haly with regard to the missions to be weird.
I mean, first he argues that he can understand why people want to go on missions because it can save them from getting night killed. then he turns around and calls the missions useless like the gossip chat from Animal Crossing Mafia.

In one of his first posts he says to me that he thinks town hunts scum then he spends days just going on about the missions while decrying talking about the missions as fluff, meanwhile he does precious little scumhunting. Finally he throws in a vote for roy, on the basis of..... "talking about missions is fluff and so implementing a system for missions is bad because then people will talk about missions like how I've been talking about missions and not doing what I said a good town should be doing".

Then a lot of people from AC defended Razmos but what I found interesting was when I tried to point out the differences in Razmos' play from the start of that game to this game, others accepted that, yes, it was different (though they still defended Razmos) but not Haly.

And now I've spent all this time and effort and we're no closer to lynching visualante which is what I really want. :(

He is also interested in lynching visualante2, to much of my dismay that I also jumped in sadly, going by my theory of "low-post scum."

Here he makes a case for visualante2:

visualante's mafia contributions to date.

He gathers up a bunch of quotes against him, fairly late on day 1, and he seems very sure of it. I mean a lot of us ended up voting for him sadly, but he seems more convinced than anyone else and he is the one that drives all of this. Even YNNY and Haly jump in at the very last moment.

Now it brings me back to my first point, the first quote of squidyj:

He, like many of you, believe that I am claiming my role and that this is true. However, why is everyone else voting for me, except for squidyj? The answer is that he thinks that having claimed my role, the KGB can concentrate on other targets. EzekelRage has roleclaimed, and even though he cannot be targeted by regular means from the KGB, going after him and me would be a waste of time. Likewise, Squidyj believes that because my role is out in the cold, perhaps putting pressure on other players like he did with Visualante2, would be much better.

Just think about this potential play for the KGB. First scenario: If I am claiming my role and it is true that I am a mercenary or neutral, and I am able to survive for this day, I will get lynched the next day. However the KGB could put more pressure on another player,
and lynch another player this day. Then night lynch another player, and then I get lynched the next day. It's a perfect way to reduce our numbers. It makes sense game-wise.

I was willing to shoot myself up in the foot with this early play, but I am convinced that based on Squidyj's interaction and how he has put pressure on Haly, Razmos and Visualante2, both of which I believe are town and not mafia, and not really wanting to vote for me, proves that Squidyj is part of the KGB.

I knew this would be dangerious, and it could turn out ugly. But I did have a lot of time to read the thread, make up theories and read other players. I was just waiting for an opportunity, and my gut feeling is in Squidyj.

Even if I end up getting evicted today, which is very likely, Everyone should pay attention to squidyj, even him and I went back and forth on day 1, because I was trying to get more out of him. His play style is somewhat different from the AC thread, at least from what I have read and seen. It seems more calculated, as if he is trying to agree with other potential KGB members and play it "safe"

I don't play safe, because I want players to react to me, and this allows me to get a read on them.

I trust this play of mine, and my gut feeling. Therefore,

Unvote: Seath

Vote: Squidyj

squidyj

no you idiot. I just think you had 8 votes and in a few more the day is over. This day has been going on for 5 and a half hours now. do you think it's good for town to have 5.5 hour days? If we have nothing else to discuss then fine but we haven't even heard from everybody in the game yet so we don't even know if they have something to say.

Kevyt

He, like many of you, believe that I am claiming my role and that this is true. However, why is everyone else voting for me, except for squidyj? The answer is that he thinks that having claimed my role, the KGB can concentrate on other targets. EzekelRage has roleclaimed, and even though he cannot be targeted by regular means from the KGB, going after him and me would be a waste of time. Likewise, Squidyj believes that because my role is out in the cold, perhaps putting pressure on other players like he did with Visualante2, would be much better.

Just think about this potential play for the KGB. First scenario: If I am claiming my role and it is true that I am a mercenary or neutral, and I am able to survive for this day, I will get lynched the next day. However the KGB could put more pressure on another player,
and lynch another player this day. Then night lynch another player, and then I get lynched the next day. It's a perfect way to reduce our numbers. It makes sense game-wise.

Essentially, to further elaborate, it's like the same scenario we had with Tiger. Squidyj had a lot to do with him being saved that, because Tiger was almost a goner. I don't know where Tiger fits in all of this. I'm willing to bet that KGB having had their chat room set up early on, allowed them to pick on a target and stick to it. Or it could be that Tiger is also KGB.

Kevyt

no you idiot. I just think you had 8 votes and in a few more the day is over. This day has been going on for 5 and a half hours now. do you think it's good for town to have 5.5 hour days? If we have nothing else to discuss then fine but we haven't even heard from everybody in the game yet so we don't even know if they have something to say.

I think it's not good for town and it's neither good for the KGB. Yet, extending the day would be more beneficial to KGB than town. Why? Because I have role-claimed, of which many believe I am claiming the truth, so I'm a safe bet when it comes to voting off or lynching. But for the KGB, getting more information on other players, who would be a nuisance, and potential putting early pressure on other players would be much better in the long run.

Just like you did with Razmos and VisualAnte2.

Zubz

Banned
"You haven't heard the last of Conway Stern!" Which is not his real name.

I knew something was up. Odd way to go about it, though. I don't think the payoff was as great as you were expecting, unfortunately. All it did was almost end the Day a couple of hours after it started, and cast further doubt onto Squidy. I don't think this proves anything. I mean, I didn't vote for you, either; you had me half-believing Jesters were actually ok'd, or that something more sinister was going on. You were too obvious a target, so I assumed this was baiting us into something. Like a honeypot?! Nevertheless, you make a plausible case, and as a guy that already distrusts Squidy, I feel a little more confident in my vote.

Kevyt

So... when did you deicde you were going to pretend to be conway stern?

Since before the game started, having talked to based Ourobolous. I did my research on Archer, and even watched some of the series. I also claimed to not have any interest in wanting to watch the series at all, hoping that this would pay off.

Are we on day or nightphase? have the role PM's been sent out?

He could be part of the KGB. I'm not. I wipe my hands clean and state that my role is with the rest of the regular folks. I win as long as I don't get killed.

Also, a rabbi jinxed me. It seems from my character's description that he was awesome, but decided to follow the word of a rabbi which for some reason, makes me like a religious peaceful person? I don't know, never watched Archer nor intend to.

I can only vote like the rest of you. Which sucks.

latest

My Shamalyan game play plot twist!

But I think I was too early on and badly executed. Oh well, this is my second Mafia game. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Kevyt

I knew something was up. Odd way to go about it, though. I don't think the payoff was as great as you were expecting, unfortunately. All it did was almost end the Day a couple of hours after it started, and cast further doubt onto Squidy. I don't think this proves anything. I mean, I didn't vote for you, either; you had me half-believing Jesters were actually ok'd, or that something more sinister was going on. You were too obvious a target, so I assumed this was baiting us into something. Like a honeypot?! Nevertheless, you make a plausible case, and as a guy that already distrusts Squidy, I feel a little more confident in my vote.

That was my plan all along! Although as YNNY suspected, it was too premature in my opinion. Oh well... However, it was to get people talking, see who would jump in and who wouldn't. It was reverse psychology in an essence. Who wouldn't want to lynch me, and why? That was the first thing I asked myself, and try to connect to dots and pieces. I'm confident I have something now.

Kevyt

I wanted to do something similar in the AC game, but I was lynched on day two, so I said to myself, fudge it. Let's do it!!!

squidyj

hmm it is weird they would target me over Squidy who was way more active/productive the first day phase.
giphy.gif

except yknow, for the part where I hard pushed a lynch on the fucking doctor of all people so they might think that all the townies will be easily led into killing me.

Top Bottom