• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

- When claiming he mentioned taking a look back at his day 1 posts to find clues of his. You're the one making the claim, buddy. Shouldn't you be showing your hints clearly to us, and not making us do the busywork?
I didn't force anyone to go look for anything. I think the only reference to Day 1 I made, I clearly explained.
My original plan was to volunteer for every mission no matter what. Which is why I posted I was against the voting for who goes on a mission stuff Day 1

The bolded is the only thing I mentioned about my Day 1 posting.

Darryl

Banned
So we're dealing with the most inconsistent group of Mafia ever known. One that makes a stupid mistake in trying to kill Ezekel with the wrong KGB person, but also one that masterminds a soft townie claim in one of the initial posts, which was completely ignored until a slip from the moderator was revealed.

They need to work on their communication skills

cabot

I dont think I sent anyone on a clue hunt in my day 1 posts.

hmm, was wondering whether or not I should disclose this after I was pm'd, but at this time I feel safe enough knowing that I will survive easily for the majority of the game through my ability and the mission thing. Maybe someone can read into the posts from the previous day phase that I can't. I am Sterling Archer140113151420-92081-archer-danger-zone-gif-pnbv.gif[/IMG]

This was what I was referring to. I read that as you wanting us to check your day 1 posts, what should I have read it as?

This was what I was referring to. I read that as you wanting us to check your day 1 posts, what should I have read it as?
I meant that with the knowledge that I was targeted last night. Look over posts from Day 1 for clues for who might've targeted me or something. Not look for clues to prove I am The Duchess.

- This is the weakest of my theories, but it is still worth mentioning. Ouro said yesterday in the GAFia thread that he wanted Archer to be relatively basic as a Mafia game with the mission system being the only big difference. This Archer/Honeypot is pure role madness. It counters his point. Again, mildly weak basis, but something to consider, at least.

I don't see the complication tbh. If this person targets you, you die. If someone else targets you, you stay alive.

cabot

I don't see the complication tbh. If this person targets you, you die. If someone else targets you, you stay alive.

It's the infinite attempts that gets me, I could maybe see a situation where you get a numbered amount of 'kill' saves from any other KGB, but unlimited seems too powerful.

If we kill that one KGB you're free and clear. I'm having trouble with this part specifically.

cabot

I also want to say that while I have suspicions, I don't really want to lynch you today. You read me as town, which is a positive in my book, so I won't vote for you barring any real eureka moments.

I will however

VOTE: Seath

Fluff up to the nines for the entirety of Day 1, then this ridiculous claim and weird plan to get squidy. I feel like he's pissing on my face and laughing at me. I don't like it.

cabot

I would like to know what this is referring to

Alright, one last thing.

Arkos, can I ask you to look through your posts after reading the stuff in my claim and find the reference squidy is talking about, nothing jumped out at me last night when I checked.

It's the infinite attempts that gets me, I could maybe see a situation where you get a numbered amount of 'kill' saves from any other KGB, but unlimited seems too powerful.

If we kill that one KGB you're free and clear. I'm having trouble with this part specifically.
NK immune roles aren't uncommon though. Also finding the HP would be like finding a needle in a haystack atm. I think it may work like the investigator mafia worked with Darryl last game. Darryle could be flipped if the mafia targeted him or the investigator looked at him. Maybe the HP can target ppl while another member of the KGB carries out the kill order. That would allow to a higher chance to find me. If the regular KGB fails a kill, like they did with me, they can send the HP the next night phase to check if I was Archer. This is way I roleclaimed. I figured they would try to make another attempt and send the HP.

Alright, one last thing.

Arkos, can I ask you to look through your posts after reading the stuff in my claim and find the reference squidy is talking about, nothing jumped out at me last night when I checked.
Looking at the timestamps, mayb this post?
I'm afraid yall will lynch me if I stick around because I'm new and you don't know anything about me. I'm a pleb drone, village ftw.

squidyj

What do you have against zubz?

I have a new idea for tonight. I'll go with you on this but you seem to be willing to tie your fate to this outcome to some degree, which is more than I'm willing to do for Tiger.

Vote: Visualante2

this is the post I was talking about btw, hobohodo.

Darryl

Banned
Maybe it is being made up for with a higher mafia count this game so even the chance of an invincible player would even it out

Hobohodo

this is the post I was talking about btw, hobohodo.

Thanks Squidy.

I will have to go back and make sure but looking at my notes I never thought you were 'tying your fate' to the visualante outcome. I thought there were better targets to go for than visualante but I agree he was also a viable target yesterday, certainly more than the Razmos angle you initially pushed.

So yeah as that's the first time it's suggested by anyone that your tying your fate to visual I agree that it could be seen that Palmer is trying to set up the narrative for it to nudge you towards getting lynched today. Alternatively for better or worse when someone goes hard on a player it does tend to colour how everyone views them. Get it right and your probably gonna gain a ton of trust, get it wrong and your gonna have questions to answer, even if the answer is just 'I fucked up'. Perhaps Palmer just meant it that way?

At the end of the day I'm still inclined to read Palmer as town. His comment can be seen as a bit off but that aside I see him as town.

roytheone

Alright, I'm back, lets look at what happened when I was sleeping, I guess you guys have continued on about this whole Ezekel busine............

What in the hell happened when I was away??? God damn! * grabs extra cup of coffee* I guess I am spending more time catching up to this thread than expected. Also, before I forget:

Unvote: Seath

I am still planing to vote for seath, but I don't want to see the day cut short because he got an early majority, so that is why I am temporarily removing my vote for him, just to be safe.

Ourobolus

Banned
- This is the weakest of my theories, but it is still worth mentioning. Ouro said yesterday in the GAFia thread that he wanted Archer to be relatively basic as a Mafia game with the mission system being the only big difference. This Archer/Honeypot is pure role madness. It counters his point. Again, mildly weak basis, but something to consider, at least.

I wouldn't take my posts in other threads as indications of things in this one. This is my first time moderating a game on GAF, so my perception of "relatively normal" may not gel with yours.

roytheone

Alright, I am caught up and now my head hurts, thanks for that guys! So my current reads:

EzekelRAGE:

His claim is still incredibly suspicious to me. If it is true what he says this role is very powerful, maybe even to powerful to exist. However, somebody did make a good point by saying that we don't know what other kind of PR are in play, which is true. Maybe there is a third power somewhere that could also help kill Ezekel, or maybe there is a role that could lock him out of a mission to make the kill easier, or maybe the honeypot role doesn't function as we currently think. It's impossible for us to discuss if the role is overpowered or not without knowing much about other roles.

His reasons for role claiming so soon are kinda....weak. The argument that we are taking to much time discussing the reason of the no kill night is weird, we weren't doing that at all at that time. Sure, some people posted theories, but it wasn't the core of the discussion and it didn't take that much focus away from looking for mafia members.

The reason that he is afraid mafia now knows he is archer and wanted to share that information with us townies to level the playing field and make sure he gets on missions is better. Without our doctor it is indeed plausible that if the KGB did a misfire, they would immediately think it was because of the target being archer. Their is always the chance there are more protection roles, but the KGB would only know for certain that the archer role exist, so it would be a logical conclusion. However, why do it at the beginning of the day? Ezekel could just have volunteered and see how thing went, if he got on the mission regardless there would be no reason to claim, and the KGB would not be 100 % sure about their archer suspicions, and if he did get some pressure he could claim later in the day. So while his reason to claim is decent, it was a bit.....soon.

So in short I still doubt Ezekel his role claim, he could be a mafia member trying to secure a place in every mission and avoid lynching votes, or a third party that has a mission related win condition. Still, we already killed a very useful PR, so I don't know if I am willing to take the risk to vote for Ezekel right now.

Seath

Seath little plan to incriminate Squidyj by playing as an obvious lynch candidate and then look who will back of to focus their attention elsewhere is a little far fetched to me. It is an insane risk to take just to put a little more suspicion on Squidyj. And when he spring the trap, it was on this post:

So... we know we're going to lynch Seath sometime and the question I have to ask is, is this the right day? I mean he's a claimed neutral and he needs to be lynched but I don't think a lynch like that should ever come before we've exhausted discussion, at the end of the day.

Which just doesn't read to me as a KGB member trying to get our focus on another target, he doesn't even bring forward a different target, but as a townie that doesn't want to end the day soon because of a majority. (I actually agree with that. Even though if we were already certain that we would lynch Seath, the rest of the day could have been used to discuss other things, the volunteering system for example. I still am in favor of changing it, but tabled the discussion because Haly was right that there are now more important things to discuss. But if we were already certain of our lynch vote this day? Perfect time to have the volunteering discussion without it interfering with other pressing matters so that we finally could come to a conclusion about it and it wouldn't seep into day 3 and further. So cutting the day short would be a missed opportunity in my opinion.). I still see Squid more as a townie than KGB, look at my second post I made today for my reasons.

However, I have no idea why Seath would do this. If he is KGB, there are much more sneaky ways to incriminate Squid without putting himself in the spotlight like this, so that is unlikely. Maybe he really is just a townie that suspects Squid that wanted to kick-start some discussions, or maybe he is some weird ass third party role. To be honest: I am very confused about this.

roytheone

Addition to my Seath part:

What I find puzzling is why Seath decided to spring his trap on that particular post of Squid, because it wasn't that incriminating. He could have just waited a bit and see how much further Squid would push it, and then his little plan could turn out to be way more effective if Squid indeed suddenly was very focused on pushing someone else. But instead he decided to come clean so soon.

roy, i agree with you! both on ezekel and on seath, but particularly on seath's so-called clinch moment where he went "gotcha!" at squidy

it's kind of flakey...

... setting up an elaborate ruse that not only damages his reputation as a mafia player, but also frustrate a lot of people in-game, ...to what??? to see who would stayed away from the bandwagon?.... BECAUSE? because of what??? because this person would then signal that he is undoubtedly scummy....................................?

x___x;;;

i donts gets it~

not to mention! there were other reasons why people have voted against him. and they were legit reasons, like 1) fluff postings, 2) bandwagonning, 3) unsportsmanlike playstyle, ... his elaborate plan failed to take into account that whilst he's dragging everyone along for his craycray ride, there would have bound to be people who would vote for him for VARIOUS reasons - townies and mafia alike.

basically, im just not quite certain his super complex 'trap card' was set up correctly to identify scumminess. is all i'm saying.

though, to be honest, he has ruined his rep with me :< even if i am giving him the full benefit of the doubt that he may, from now on, play conscientiously ...... i ... i just... with all that voting pattern.... and the vacuous posts..... i don't know how to feel about him at this stage >____<

Anyway, I think D2 has been a bag full of very upset cats so far, so I want to sort of look and think about other things for awhile~ Who's with me~ (I've had enough for now about roleclaiming insanity, thank you very much~)

So, I was just looking at the players list and I notice that the following players have not really contributed as much as I'd like them to:
- MikeHawk
- Razmos
- QuantumBro

I noticed that they all had posted on D2 but they didn't leave a lot of insights with their comments... in fact, funnily they all had posted exactly TWO posts since D2 began...XD

What's up guys! Let's talk more! :D

cabot

I saw some unpleasantly worded posts earlier, so I just wanted to remind everyone to treat each other with respect.

no more naughtiness here. No, sir.

giphy.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What the fuck.

I'm... just going to go back to jeanius.

VOTE: cooljeanius

jeanius: plz respond

Zubz: Is there a particular reason why you didn't simply vote for Visualante. Like, is it a morals thing or what.

Darryl: Stop being so nice it's messing with my head

Ezekel: I believe the claim but didn't feel it was necessary. Then again, I'm no stranger to unnecessary roleclaims of self-protective roles (ehehehehe)

So, I was just looking at the players list and I notice that the following players have not really contributed as much as I'd like them to:
- MikeHawk
- Razmos
- QuantumBro

I noticed that they all had posted on D2 but they didn't leave a lot of insights with their comments... in fact, funnily they all had posted exactly TWO posts since D2 began...XD

What's up guys! Let's talk more! :D

Sorry, Sunday's are my day off and I usually spend the evenings with my family, so don't expect me to post much.

I haven't read anything past Seath's role claim, since I just decded to smoke, play Danganronpa, and sleep. I'll read through the rest and post something of substance during my lunch break.

cabot

I'm throwing down the gauntlet of judgement, have at ye!

TheGoddamn - I don't agree with him much with what he says, and his timezone unfortunately seems to affect his contributions, he's not appearing particularly scummy though so he's pretty middle of the pack in terms of my lynch choices.
roytheone - I think this lad is town. Unlike Ezekel, I do think he's making valid contributions, and has a clear pro-town stance.
Haly - My gut says town, thought sometimes courts the line of suspicion with some posts.
Arkos - The evidence points to him being town, but he hasn't really made any significant contributions, I'd like him to step up!
Mike_Hawk689 - Similar to how I felt in day 1, I find him reasonably suspicious and his contributions are fairly low.
Enker - I need to go back through his posts, but he's not said anything in D2 so far, and that's unacceptable. Also suspicious of some of his thoughts. Decent lynch candidate.
cooljeanius - Hasn't really contributed much of his own opinion, only responded defensively to some votes cast, and then agreeing with others. Another lynch candidate.
Septimus Prime - hasn't said all that much recently, but I'm still aware of his mind boggling density when it comes to rule interpretation.
squidyj - As mentioned before, he picked up on Ouro's PM thing which then made my first post actually worthwhile, and I just haven't seen much here that isn't in the best interests of town. Sure he pushed Visualante hard and while he wasn't my top choice, the reasons were solid and that's why I landed on him in the end to break the tie. Also his chasing of Razmos was unnecessary. Again, a case of a townie being wrong than a scum being bloodthirsty.
Razmos - Needs to contribute more, he's hovering the lynch list, but more out of poor contributions as opposed to scumminess.
Mazre - I'm quite suspicious of him. Some crazy part of me thinks there's some master plan shaking down most visibly involving Mazre + Ezekel. It's not substantial enough to put Ezekel in my lynch list yet, but Mazre has been quite nonchalante, blunt and has behaved strangely (random insta-vote, his theory on Honeypot which I thought was very complicated and too farfetched)
EzekelRAGE - As I said earlier, I'm still quite suspicious of this roleclaim, but I see nothing immediate for calling for a lynch, he's offered some decent discussion and points. I'll maybe reconsider on Day 3, but for now he's safe.
El Topo - Eh, he's been too quiet and he raised suspicions with going after the visualante voters. I realise I possibly have underplayed this list, and there probably is some scum in there, but there really isn't that much else to go on, so bringing that group up as a serious lynch contender seems optimistic at best, throwing randoms under the bus at worst.
Zubs - I like this guy but his feelings overall from the end of D1 and from this day starting have been rubbing me the wrong way, claiming squidy's style is problematic. Sure, it's intense, but it absolutely helps the game because it brings discussion, and discussion brings progression and potential of scum slip ups. Lynch candidate.
Seath - Fluff, outrageous claim, bad gotcha, incomprehensible all round behaviour, unclaimed outrageous claim. I want to lynch him so bad, but I feel he won't actually give us any real information. Either hes 3P or a bizarre townie. I can't see him being scum. Lynch candidate but not preferred over the others.
Quantumbro - I feel like his presence is here in the virtual room like a ghost, but I can't read him and he has been very patchy with contributions. Want to see more discussion.
Hobohodo - Feeling pretty good about hobo, I'd place him with roy and squidy as a solid townie, displaying his best intentions for town.
YNONOY - Yeah I feel she's on the townie side, I like her she brings a bit of amusement and analysis to the game.
Darryl - Nicer than I remember, and seems to be playing devil's advocate to my thoughts today, don't have a clear read either way. Definitely don't feel he's a sure townie because he's a replacement (like with squidy and Ezekel in AC)
Burbeting - I'm getting townie vibes though not super strong ones. He's safe for now.
Palmer_v1 - Same shit happened this game with when I was following the other 2 games, I just can't read this guy with any great confidence. I feel he is town, but there's been a comment here and there, like hopping on the missions for self-preservation reasons (understandable but.......difficult to accept) and the weird inclination of squidy being held for the sins of the Visualante murder was odd.

I'd like to apologise for my explosive outburst, you sometimes forget tone is never conveyed well over text, most of it was said in a comically angry jest. I wasn't actually annoyed with anyone. The day has been crazy, but I don't harbour bad feelings to anyone.

that's me for now!

cabot

Unlike Ezekel, I do think he's making valid contributions, and has a clear pro-town stance.

Er, that didn't come out right. I think I meant I don't feel Ezekel is clearly pro-town, not that he hasn't been making valid contributions. I think he has recently.

Palmer_v1

I'm throwing down the gauntlet of judgement, have at ye!

TheGoddamn - I don't agree with him much with what he says, and his timezone unfortunately seems to affect his contributions, he's not appearing particularly scummy though so he's pretty middle of the pack in terms of my lynch choices.
roytheone - I think this lad is town. Unlike Ezekel, I do think he's making valid contributions, and has a clear pro-town stance.
Haly - My gut says town, thought sometimes courts the line of suspicion with some posts.
Arkos - The evidence points to him being town, but he hasn't really made any significant contributions, I'd like him to step up!
Mike_Hawk689 - Similar to how I felt in day 1, I find him reasonably suspicious and his contributions are fairly low.
Enker - I need to go back through his posts, but he's not said anything in D2 so far, and that's unacceptable. Also suspicious of some of his thoughts. Decent lynch candidate.
cooljeanius - Hasn't really contributed much of his own opinion, only responded defensively to some votes cast, and then agreeing with others. Another lynch candidate.
Septimus Prime - hasn't said all that much recently, but I'm still aware of his mind boggling density when it comes to rule interpretation.
squidyj - As mentioned before, he picked up on Ouro's PM thing which then made my first post actually worthwhile, and I just haven't seen much here that isn't in the best interests of town. Sure he pushed Visualante hard and while he wasn't my top choice, the reasons were solid and that's why I landed on him in the end to break the tie. Also his chasing of Razmos was unnecessary. Again, a case of a townie being wrong than a scum being bloodthirsty.
Razmos - Needs to contribute more, he's hovering the lynch list, but more out of poor contributions as opposed to scumminess.
Mazre - I'm quite suspicious of him. Some crazy part of me thinks there's some master plan shaking down most visibly involving Mazre + Ezekel. It's not substantial enough to put Ezekel in my lynch list yet, but Mazre has been quite nonchalante, blunt and has behaved strangely (random insta-vote, his theory on Honeypot which I thought was very complicated and too farfetched)
EzekelRAGE - As I said earlier, I'm still quite suspicious of this roleclaim, but I see nothing immediate for calling for a lynch, he's offered some decent discussion and points. I'll maybe reconsider on Day 3, but for now he's safe.
El Topo - Eh, he's been too quiet and he raised suspicions with going after the visualante voters. I realise I possibly have underplayed this list, and there probably is some scum in there, but there really isn't that much else to go on, so bringing that group up as a serious lynch contender seems optimistic at best, throwing randoms under the bus at worst.
Zubs - I like this guy but his feelings overall from the end of D1 and from this day starting have been rubbing me the wrong way, claiming squidy's style is problematic. Sure, it's intense, but it absolutely helps the game because it brings discussion, and discussion brings progression and potential of scum slip ups. Lynch candidate.
Seath - Fluff, outrageous claim, bad gotcha, incomprehensible all round behaviour, unclaimed outrageous claim. I want to lynch him so bad, but I feel he won't actually give us any real information. Either hes 3P or a bizarre townie. I can't see him being scum. Lynch candidate but not preferred over the others.
Quantumbro - I feel like his presence is here in the virtual room like a ghost, but I can't read him and he has been very patchy with contributions. Want to see more discussion.
Hobohodo - Feeling pretty good about hobo, I'd place him with roy and squidy as a solid townie, displaying his best intentions for town.
YNONOY - Yeah I feel she's on the townie side, I like her she brings a bit of amusement and analysis to the game.
Darryl - Nicer than I remember, and seems to be playing devil's advocate to my thoughts today, don't have a clear read either way. Definitely don't feel he's a sure townie because he's a replacement (like with squidy and Ezekel in AC)
Burbeting - I'm getting townie vibes though not super strong ones. He's safe for now.
Palmer_v1 - Same shit happened this game with when I was following the other 2 games, I just can't read this guy with any great confidence. I feel he is town, but there's been a comment here and there, like hopping on the missions for self-preservation reasons (understandable but.......difficult to accept) and the weird inclination of squidy being held for the sins of the Visualante murder was odd.

I'd like to apologise for my explosive outburst, you sometimes forget tone is never conveyed well over text, most of it was said in a comically angry jest. I wasn't actually annoyed with anyone. The day has been crazy, but I don't harbour bad feelings to anyone.

that's me for now!

Others have mentioned it, but my comment to Squidyj was poorly worded. What I was trying to get across is that squidy seemed to feel far more conviction about visualante than I did for tiger, so if he wanted to put some of my trust in him on the line, I would vote with him. Obviously, we were wrong, but it's a mark against all of us that voted for visual, not just squidyj. In the meantime, I've defended Squidyj as town a few times today, among other things that squidyj should be aware of.

Sorry, Sunday's are my day off and I usually spend the evenings with my family, so don't expect me to post much.

I haven't read anything past Seath's role claim, since I just decded to smoke, play Danganronpa, and sleep. I'll read through the rest and post something of substance during my lunch break.

bolded part!!!!!!

WHY, YOU TRAITORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

guys, vote for QB stat >:O

How could you~ play dondonpaparara~ when we are starved for your wisdom and companionship ;____; HOW COULD YOU

cabot

Others have mentioned it, but my comment to Squidyj was poorly worded. What I was trying to get across is that squidy seemed to feel far more conviction about visualante than I did for tiger, so if he wanted to put some of my trust in him on the line, I would vote with him. Obviously, we were wrong, but it's a mark against all of us that voted for visual, not just squidyj. In the meantime, I've defended Squidyj as town a few times today, among other things that squidyj should be aware of.

Look we'll never play poker alright, because you'd rob me blind.

Thanks for following up though, theres nothing to worry about with regards to a vote from me (yet)

Palmer_v1

Also, just a heads up but this week is going to be rough for me due to being on-call for work. I will have very little time during the work day to post.

My strong feelings for now:

I trust Arkos and Cabbeh a lot. Like 80%. There's a chance the drone thing was luck or that it's hinted at in Mafia roles, but I doubt it.

Squidyj I trust a bit. 65%.

Huge pile of players are in this area 40-60%, not going to list them all.

I distrust El Topo and Mazre the most. 30%. I still intend to most concrete thoughts on them later.

Ezekel: I believe the claim but didn't feel it was necessary.

EzekelRAGE:

His claim is still incredibly suspicious to me. If it is true what he says this role is very powerful, maybe even to powerful to exist. However, somebody did make a good point by saying that we don't know what other kind of PR are in play, which is true. Maybe there is a third power somewhere that could also help kill Ezekel, or maybe there is a role that could lock him out of a mission to make the kill easier, or maybe the honeypot role doesn't function as we currently think. It's impossible for us to discuss if the role is overpowered or not without knowing much about other roles.

His reasons for role claiming so soon are kinda....weak. The argument that we are taking to much time discussing the reason of the no kill night is weird, we weren't doing that at all at that time. Sure, some people posted theories, but it wasn't the core of the discussion and it didn't take that much focus away from looking for mafia members.

The reason that he is afraid mafia now knows he is archer and wanted to share that information with us townies to level the playing field and make sure he gets on missions is better. Without our doctor it is indeed plausible that if the KGB did a misfire, they would immediately think it was because of the target being archer. Their is always the chance there are more protection roles, but the KGB would only know for certain that the archer role exist, so it would be a logical conclusion. However, why do it at the beginning of the day? Ezekel could just have volunteered and see how thing went, if he got on the mission regardless there would be no reason to claim, and the KGB would not be 100 % sure about their archer suspicions, and if he did get some pressure he could claim later in the day. So while his reason to claim is decent, it was a bit.....soon.

So in short I still doubt Ezekel his role claim, he could be a mafia member trying to secure a place in every mission and avoid lynching votes, or a third party that has a mission related win condition. Still, we already killed a very useful PR, so I don't know if I am willing to take the risk to vote for Ezekel right now.

giphy.gif

Palmer_v1

Look we'll never play poker alright, because you'd rob me blind.

Thanks for following up though, theres nothing to worry about with regards to a vote from me (yet)

No worries. I haven't done anything yet this game to deserve a free pass to Township. I was addressing others as well with my explanation. You just happened to be the latest one to bring it up.

Does anyone want to make any arguments for why someone on the mission should step down in favor of YesNo, or anyone else?

El Topo

I don't really have an awful lot of time to post today, cabbeh. I have suspicions towards several players, not based currently on a single post/statement, but on the way they behave and interact with others, as well as their general play style.

That said - I haven't read what was posted while I was gone, sorry - shouldn't we also discuss the former and the new mission members? We have two new members (me and Ezzi), as well as two old members (Mazre and Palmer). Assuming mafia always want someone on the mission, if Ezzi is not mafia, that leaves Mazre and Palmer, both players that were incredibly quick to volunteer and I'm not sure if they have given much justification.

cabot

No worries. I haven't done anything yet this game to deserve a free pass to Township. I was addressing others as well with my explanation. You just happened to be the latest one to bring it up.

Does anyone want to make any arguments for why someone on the mission should step down in favor of YesNo, or anyone else?

Can you confirm there's nothing to the missions but the chat?

bolded part!!!!!!

WHY, YOU TRAITORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

guys, vote for QB stat >:O

How could you~ play dondonpaparara~ when we are starved for your wisdom and companionship ;____; HOW COULD YOU[/

My wisdom and companionship got our doctor lynched on day one. I thought a good night's rest and some caffeine would put me in a better mood for Gafia.

Palmer_v1

Can you confirm there's nothing to the missions but the chat?

It is just a chat. Ouro has one post giving us the generic rules, and then he had a post a little bit before Day2 started warning us that he was about to close the chat. Otherwise it was just the 4 of us talking.

cabot

Guess it really should be treated as a sort of 'safe haven' then, though what can we really do if someone doesnt follow a rule we set for volunteers? policy lynch?

I don't really have much thoughts on replacing the current four yet.

Just badger Mazre until he confesses he's filthy scum

Hobohodo

Oh thats right Mazre!

Palmer mentioned he was pretty quiet in the mission chat after a point but he never spoke much in the AC gossip chat either, not that I wanted to talk to him much in that game. But yeah just wanted to throw out that a quiet Mazre may not be a massive red flag. That said I do get a different vibe from him this game, but I feel my perception on other AC players is gonna have been through the lens of HHA, so it's not so easy for me to compare gut feelings.

El Topo

Just saw Seath's claim. I honestly don't get why people are voting for him. If he's neutral and has no harmful powers, there is no reason whatsoever to lynch him.

Again, mafia players, even the active ones, tend to avoid attention.

Zubz

Banned
Zubz: Is there a particular reason why you didn't simply vote for Visualante. Like, is it a morals thing or what.

Basically. I didn't feel strongly enough about Vis beyond him being an inactive, so I didn't want to be the one that pulled the trigger. I figured I'd rather go on the record as voting for the person I wanted to vote for, since I honestly didn't feel like Vis was our best choice. Speaking of which, I wanted to check out the people that voted for Vis when I realized how bandwagon-y that got, but I never got around to it.

Visualante2 (9)
squidyj
Seath
QuantumBro
YesNOnoNOYes
Palmer_v1
Hobohodo
cabbeh
roytheone
Haly

The problem is? Vis was an inactive, and I know a lot of players here tend to vote for those on sight. I didn't really get too much, honestly. So my reads on this were...

Squidy: As already discussed, he seems aggressive, and frequently goes off of conjecture. He also made the push for Vis, but as I'll state later, I'll admit that wanting the inactives dead is a sound reason, even if the push itself seemed to happen shortly before Tiger's demise/at the last second. I know some people like this kind of in-your-face playstyle because it leads to "slip-ups," but to me, it just comes off as less fun, and can easily come off as rude. This strat barely worked when I did/saw it in-person; here, people can meticulously edit their posts and clear them of slip-ups before posting.
Seath: Looking back, I'm not sure if I buy the "I'm Conway Stern but I'm not and I just trapped Squidy" bit. It's weird, it's dangerous, it almost got us to end the day early, and Squidy's reason for not voting for him is right; it doesn't benefit the Agency to end a day 5.5 hours in unless we know for certain that a player is a clear and present danger. And even then, it prevents further discussion; ending a day early is fine, but 5.5 hours? Some players haven't even gotten the chance to post yet now. I'm not sure about Seath, but I'm leaning towards suspicious. I'd be more suspicious if I wasn't picking up on a potentially-Blarggy clue or two that has me wishing I still had a side-forum to talk 1-on-1 with another, trusted player.
Palmer: He was adamant about killing inactives in Star Wars, so he'd definitely want to kill Vis. QuantumBro and YesNo didn't feel as strongly about it as Palmer, but IIRC, they were the same way. Besides, ignoring previous game strategies, it is a sound idea, going from the "Kill the inactive" angle. That's why I'm not so sure if we can get much out of the votes as I'd hoped. Plus...
Hobo, Cabbeh, Roy, & Haly: Literally all of these guys wanted to break the last minute tie. Hobo's vote was at 4:46 PM, and the others rolled out in the 14 minutes that followed. I guess one could argue that they were KGB and wanted to "seal the deal" at the last moment, but I really think this was all to prevent a tie. Hobo gave his reasons for preferring Vis, and the others pointedly didn't want a tie. Plus, I won't drone on about it, but I trust Cabbeh's Role Claim, even if the name for the Ordinaries is the one that makes the most sense to people who have seen the show.

If anyone else would like to discuss their votes further, feel free (I know QB said he will during lunch), but looking at the Vis votes is less fruitful than I'd hoped it would be...

Palmer_v1

Zubz, you should also look at anyone that LEFT the visualante bandwagon once it became clear that he was doomed. Mafia might have backed off to avoid the association.

El Topo

Palmer, ever going to explain why you distrust me? Didn't you say similar stuff on the first day? Did you vote for me or ever elaborate?

Top Bottom