• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Palmer_v1

My concerns currently lie with anyone who misunderstood the mission system or anyone who is salty hat they missed the boat. The latter because it comes off as mafia trying to start something over nothing. We know nothing about what roles might do or how much of a constraint it actually causes to role use. For example, a role that could investigate the entire mission team is probable to me. So anyway, i will vote to lynch an inactive later this phase, but roy and tiger or whatever are most concerning to me so far.

@ouro: did the mafia have access to their forum when they received roles or only after the day started?

squidyj

My concerns currently lie with anyone who misunderstood the mission system or anyone who is salty hat they missed the boat. The latter because it comes off as mafia trying to start something over nothing. We know nothing about what roles might do or how much of a constraint it actually causes to role use. For example, a role that could investigate the entire mission team is probable to me. So anyway, i will vote to lynch an inactive later this phase, but roy and tiger or whatever are most concerning to me so far.

@ouro: did the mafia have access to their forum when they received roles or only after the day started?

I don't like tiger either but I'm feeling pretty good about roy so far. I don't want to buy into the narrative that we have mission crossing roles because it provides complicated explanations that are outs for mafia in case something happens on a mission. Mafia could be setting the stage by feeding and promoting these concepts so that they have some cover if and when they have to kill someone on a mission.

Ourobolus

Banned

They received a forum a day or two before I started the game.

Zubz

Banned
Just before I go to bed my hotlist:

Halt
Mazre
Palmer_v1
Seath
Arkos

Mostly based on the fact they volunteered quite soon, the KGB will want to have at least one agent participating in every mission.

I was thinking the same thing, Roy; it gives them the ability to kill anyone at night, so nowhere's safe for us. I know a lot of players were mashing F5 this afternoon regardless, but they're the ones with the most reason to. I'm also somewhat doubly suspicious of Palmer because of his 2 GAFia wins in a row, but it means nothing, and even he acknowledged that his "high profile player" status is why he jumped into the mission. Granted, he can still be KGB, but I'm the only one here who I know for certain isn't with them. This includes Ouro.

Either way, seeing how the game just started, I have nothing to go on for now. Just that KGB players are going to be jumping to get at least one goon on the mission, and that Palmer's good at this, so not having him on our side would suck. ... And that I want to see how this first mission turns out before I push to join one.

Palmer_v1

My hot picks are everyone that volunteered. The reason is that (unless I'm interpreting the rules wrong) the reason was before it was announced that it resets, I assumed it would be persistent like some other people probably have. So, its important for the KGB to have atleast one person in there for information purposes.( and Yes, I know this also casts doubt on me because I volunteered, but I did it because its likely they won't kill anyone on a mission because it would make it easy to find a KGB member and since I'm a newb I'm an easy target and likely to die and I want to survive past the first day.)

I'm fine with a voting system for missions though I don't really know any of you, so I don't know who I would vote for.

Dont edit posts.

Ourobolus

Banned
My hot picks are everyone that volunteered. The reason is that (unless I'm interpreting the rules wrong) the reason was before it was announced that it resets, I assumed it would be persistent like some other people probably have. So, its important for the KGB to have atleast one person in there for information purposes.( and Yes, I know this also casts doubt on me because I volunteered, but I did it because its likely they won't kill anyone on a mission because it would make it easy to find a KGB member and since I'm a newb I'm an easy target and likely to die and I want to survive past the first day.)

I'm fine with a voting system for missions though I don't really know any of you, so I don't know who I would vote for.

Dont edit posts.
That's one...
NbsFFOb.png

Hobohodo

Am I weird for not really wanting to go on a mission night one? Top marks to all of the guys volunteering for the first mission but personally I want more of a handle on how the missions go. I mean taking it at face value it is just a private chat for a group of four at night where allegiances are unknown (like the gossips from the AC game) but with the added fact that it splits groups. But who knows if there is more to this. Maybe the players on the mission actually have some task to complete for example? That would require an incentive for the people to actually complete the mission though and I'm not sure what that could be without diluting the mafia game to much with weird gimmicks, so it's probably a bit of a stretch. Regardless I wanna see what the guys on the mission have to say about it before I would volunteer myself. I also feel that till we have this info knowing how we can use these missions to help town is going to be challenging. If the missions do end up being what they appear at face value mind then I am in favour of the unofficial vote method. If everyone can hover the start of the day phase how can we use it to our favour? We need some control over it. Also whilst I want to no if there are any shenanigans that happen during the mission taken a face value its not hard to grasp. Come on guys.

As for the people volunteering to go on the mission, I feel if any KGB have got in then it is probably only one. They are going to want first hand knowledge of what goes on so they are bound to attempt to get on a mission as soon as they can, but only one player is needed for that.

Not really sure what mafia guesses out the gate can gleam squidy but okay. I've gone back to page 4 (50PPP) to get my guesses as this is the point where we learned our roles, and last game a lot of players hid information in those early posts. Only 3 players gave me anything mind and even then it is REALLY reaching.

YesNo - Every post seems to be an archer reference but maybe its communicating something to someone who has watched more of the show. More likely to be caught up in the excitement of watching the show mind as she said she just started on Stirfriday but early on I can't get a read.

Raytheon - Only included as the NSA are mentioned in his post. If the NSA play no part in Archer then I have no reason to suspect anything right now.

El Topo - So it just seemed odd to me how el topo made a post referencing me, seath and Ezekiel. All players who were not in his game last round so we haven't had any dealings with each other. Just stood out to me is all.

Now obviously more players than this are gonna be KGB, but I don't wanna throw accusations around with nothing to go on, and even what I have here is hardly anything substantial. But Squidy kept on nattering about it in AC so if enough of us do it he will calm down. =P

Also from one of his posts I can see that cabbeh is one of the 'boys from the dwarf' so he gets an ok in my book.

Finally last time Mazre opened day 1 with a lynch using random.org he landed on arguably the most powerful roll the mafia had. Just saying.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah, sorry I just read that rule. I forgot to add "...and I want to survive past the first day.)"
Thanks for the heads up I was gonna go back and take out the second "the reason" because grammatically that doesn't make a lot of sense.But now I see editing is a big no-no
If you need to "edit" simply quote your previous post and make a new one.

El Topo

El Topo - So it just seemed odd to me how el topo made a post referencing me, seath and Ezekiel. All players who were not in his game last round so we haven't had any dealings with each other. Just stood out to me is all.

I would ask that you ignore all posts of mine before this game begun, as they were essentially just goofing around. Well, except for the universal advice about not going full Blarg, that one was dead serious.

Kevyt

I would ask that you ignore all posts of mine before this game begun, as they were essentially just goofing around. Well, except for the universal advice about not going full Blarg, that one was dead serious.

Too late, he already has his eye on you.

Beware the Hobo!

Ugh, dont you guys haaaaaaaaaaaaate it when all you want is to play GAFMafia and Monday-workday is always the worst and most busiest :<

I haven't really had a chance to read all of your lovely posts in great details but I did pick up on the HOT LIST

So here's mine!

• Septimus Prime - Quiet like a Russian mouse so far
  • EzekelRAGE - his name is mispelled in the players' roster. likely because mother doesn't like him. maybe she has reasons ????
  • Palmer_v1 - NOTORIOUS PALMER OF DOOM
  • cabbeh - hello fresh meat :D

Hobohodo :D YESH! I am addicted to the show now~ I'm on second season episode 3! And I have only GAFMafia to thank for making me watch it ^_____^

.... I need Archer reaction GIFs stat :3

Zubz

Banned
Am I weird for not really wanting to go on a mission night one?
YesNo - Every post seems to be an archer reference but maybe its communicating something to someone who has watched more of the show. More likely to be caught up in the excitement of watching the show mind as she said she just started on Stirfriday but early on I can't get a read.
Raytheon - Only included as the NSA are mentioned in his post. If the NSA play no part in Archer then I have no reason to suspect anything right now.

I'm in the same boat about this first mission; I'd rather just watch and learn.

As for the people that you're suspicious of, I think YesNo just likes to quotes things based on previous posts in here and in previous threads, Ray was making a joke about how we're still using the name ISIS, seeing how it was the name of the team from Archer prior to the real-life organization was founded, and how the NSA will probably find this thread and get suspicious of all posters, and El Topo... I can't really say anything there, but it was all pre-game stuff, so it's probably innocuous unless all 3 of you are KGB, Spy Buddies, Masons, or some other role along those lines.

But again, I'm solely suspicious of people that rushed to volunteer, and am aware that most players wanted to try out this new feature (Whereas the KGB probably already discussed only sending one player in), so if anything, they should be less suspicious. This is what I hate about Day 1, honestly. Absolutely no one has any clues. I mean, maybe they were in the dossier, but who reads those?

Hobohodo

I know my accusations are baseless but it gets some discussion going which is ultimately what we need.

Will say though dismising any posts made before the game officially started about 3/4 hours ago feels foolish. Yes technically page 4 was pregame. But at that point the roll PM's had been sent out meaning players were posting with knowledge of there role.

Hobohodo

So with Ouro's update I'm real interested to see what happens on this mission. Gut feeling says that's more than just flavour.

Zubz

Banned
I'd read it, but I'm playing this game in character.

I actually did read it, as I appreciate that kind of stuff. Flavor or not, it makes the game feel more immersive!

Ourobolus

Banned
Current votes before I head to bed:

Squidyj (1)
Mazre

Mission list:
Mazre
Palmer_v1
Arkos
GreatLord Tiger
===BACKUP===
Haly
Squidyj
El Topo
YesNOnoNOYes

Kevyt

Vote: Haly

Nothing personal of course, I just think that him wanting to do the missionary was a bit fishy... but errr, who knows. It's still early in the game and I'm willing to change my vote and hear more from others.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In the Age of Crossing the world was a grid, shrouded by fog. A land of red houses, fruit trees and everlasting villagers. Then there was HHA, and with HHA came Evictions. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course... Light and Dark.

From the Dark they came and found the Roles of Lords within the HHA. Ourobolus, the First of the Raccoons; The Hobo of Izalith and his kills of Revenge; Franconp, the Lord of Sunlight, with his faithful knights; And the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten.

With the Strength of Lords, they tormented the villagers. Franconp's mighty bluffs peeled apart their reasoning. The hobo weaved great roleclaims. Ourobolus unleashed a miasma of death and rabies. Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own and the villagers were no more. Thus began the Age of Archer...

In the Age of Crossing the world was a grid, shrouded by fog. A land of red houses, fruit trees and everlasting villagers. Then there was HHA, and with HHA came Evictions. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course... Light and Dark.

From the Dark they came and found the Roles of Lords within the HHA. Ourobolus, the First of the Raccoons; The Hobo of Izalith and his kills of Revenge; Franconp, the Lord of Sunlight, with his faithful knights; And the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten.

With the Strength of Lords, they tormented the villagers. Franconp's mighty bluffs peeled apart their reasoning. The hobo weaved great roleclaims. Ourobolus unleashed a miasma of death and rabies. Seath the Scaleless betrayed his own and the villagers were no more. Thus began the Age of Archer...

iodzWEv.gif

Zubz

Banned
are you claiming archer here?

I'm so tempted to say "... Are you not?"

But I'm not claiming Archer. I'm not claiming anything at the moment. I just wanted to make the reference, and to keep this game somewhat in with the theme of the show. I mean, barring our KGB intruders, we're all a part of the organization-formerly-known-as-ISIS; don't we all have a bit of Archer in us?

If anyone else would actually like to role claim, though, that'd be great.

Gah. We need you here, Blarg. We may have rarely been on-topic during Star Wars Mafia, but damn, if you didn't make those first few days memorable. I know you're in summer school right now, at that suspicious school with the reclusive headmaster, but still, HAGS!

I'm so tempted to say "... Are you not?"

But I'm not claiming Archer. I'm not claiming anything at the moment. I just wanted to make the reference, and to keep this game somewhat in with the theme of the show. I mean, barring our KGB intruders, we're all a part of the organization-formerly-known-as-ISIS; don't we all have a bit of Archer in us?

If anyone else would actually like to role claim, though, that'd be great.

Gah. We need you here, Blarg. We may have rarely been on-topic during Star Wars Mafia, but damn, if you didn't make those first few days memorable. I know you're in summer school right now, at that suspicious school with the reclusive headmaster, but still, HAGS!

PHRASING!!!

[Haly] wanting to do the missionary

I can't believe we've stopped doing "phrasing"!

I'll go over the thread once more before deciding on my first Brett. The mission rules are interesting, especially this line:

A special night-chat will be provided for all players that go out on a mission. This night-chat will only last for that one night - however those who had access will continue to have access after night has ended (read-only).

Emphasis mine. It will be critical for the KGB to get at least one person in each mission. Having even read-only access to the night chat on subsequent nights is going to be very useful for them, logistics-wise.

Ourobolus, I'll be using mobileGAF to keep up with this thread, especially given my time zone. Is there any image use that I should know about or is all the pertinent information in text form?

Haly

No, we're waiting for a few people:

EzekelRAGE
Visualante2
Septimus Prime
QuantumBro
Mike_Hawk689

Whatttttt I'm super late! I just came back from hosting some irl ONUW with some friends. Hilarious stuff. Im gonna start of by stating that this is my first online mafia game so please be gentle with me.. I started reading a couple of posts so far (will post when I finished reading them) Trying to grasp the objectif of missions and if they are like Avalon. Once i understand I'll decide if i wanna volunteer If not I definitely agree that voting for some one day 1 is good for finding information. (Writing on phone excuse my errors?)

I have less availability on weekends.

Stop slacking, Drone! We needs words ! Who's your hot list!?? What do you think about the missions??? What do you think would be the most ideal town player strategy? When are you going to join the team-building exercise down in the 'secret' mainframe room? Are you in favour of Ants?

WORDS! WE NEEDS THEM.

And now someone bring me some gravlax! All I had today had been gummibears and scotch!

Haly

Look, man, if you had changed your name to Seath before Hippie then my post would've worked perfectly but no.

No, you didn't.

So I worked with what I had.

Not a lot of clues to work with, so...

EzekelRAGE
Visualante2
QuantumBro
Mike_Hawk689

Three of these four are too quiet. The fourth just has a really funny user name.

cabot

Ugh, dont you guys haaaaaaaaaaaaate it when all you want is to play GAFMafia and Monday-workday is always the worst and most busiest :<

I haven't really had a chance to read all of your lovely posts in great details but I did pick up on the HOT LIST

So here's mine!

• Septimus Prime - Quiet like a Russian mouse so far
  • EzekelRAGE - his name is mispelled in the players' roster. likely because mother doesn't like him. maybe she has reasons ????
  • Palmer_v1 - NOTORIOUS PALMER OF DOOM
  • cabbeh - hello fresh meat :D

Hobohodo :D YESH! I am addicted to the show now~ I'm on second season episode 3! And I have only GAFMafia to thank for making me watch it ^_____^

.... I need Archer reaction GIFs stat :3

Wait a minute, am I on the hot list, because I am HOOOOOT FIRE, or because I'm suspicious!!?

Has to be the former, surely.

I am definitely more suspicious of the insta-volunteers now, since Ouro has revealed that the KGB have had a chat going for a couple of days now, I suspect they've agreed to have at least one be put on a mission as soon as possible.

I'm suspicious of Palmer purely because he's been a great player the last two games, and I'll always be suspicious of good players (admittedly he's not been Mafia yet, though he did court the line of truth and deception in Star Wars)

Just to be clear, I'm not judging on role choice or whatever, chances of being a mafia third time round, just purely on the fact that he is skilled in this and that's always something to be aware of in these type of games.

The fact that those people volunteered instantly without any discussion, followed by quite a detailed back and forth on how we choose volunteers, it could be described as anti-town a bit in this context. I'll put that in this post, but I understand the motive of seeing the mission as a 'safe place' and wanting to get on the train early (though where the odds of you dying in the first round are reasonably low, it seems a bit of a mistake)

I'm glad Squidy's here, he and Eze brought AC to life when they came in.

Now that I've complimented him, I can only assume I'll be on his hit list, and anticipate intense apologising/questioning!

cabot

Also, even though I half complimented him, I'm going to get some activity out of him, the bastard!

VOTE: EzekelRAGE

Burbeting

Banned
Maybe I misread that part, but I got the idea that the night-chatters coukd read only the chat of the night they participated in, not the other nights? If you can read the other nights too, that would make the night-chat pretty useless after awhile, since at the end of game I'd presume almost everyone would have access to read it.

Ouroboros, which one is it? Can night-chat people of night 1 also read the chat of night 2, 3 etc, or can they only read night 1? I think this is pretty important to know.

Hobohodo

The rules clearly state the night chat lasts only for one night. It's going to be a quicktopic forum or an equivalent that gets locked to restrict posting once night ends. Again as with the missions the rules aren't ambiguous on this. Maybe the Goddamm did misunderstand but I actually took what he said as being they will want a KGB in the chat so that down the line they can use the read only access to refer back to what was said in the chat night one.

cabot

Vote: Haly

Nothing personal of course, I just think that him wanting to do the missionary was a bit fishy... but errr, who knows. It's still early in the game and I'm willing to change my vote and hear more from others.

Why Haly in particular though, what about the initial 4 who just volunteered as soon as the game launched?

Should they not automatigically be more suspicious or have I missed something.

Burbeting

Banned
The rules clearly state the night chat lasts only for one night. It's going to be a quicktopic forum or an equivalent that gets locked to restrict posting once night ends. Again as with the missions the rules aren't ambiguous on this. Maybe the Goddamm did misunderstand but I actually took what he said as being they will want a KGB in the chat so that down the line they can use the read only access to refer back to what was said in the chat night one.

Yeah, reading his post again, I think you're right. Maybe I really shouldn't try to read posts while almost half-asleep.

cabot

Why Haly in particular though, what about the initial 4 who just volunteered as soon as the game launched?

Should they not automatigically be more suspicious or have I missed something.

Okay, I've looked at the timestamps and Haly isn't far behind the rest, so I retract my question.

Top Bottom