• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - X360/PS3 Multiplayer Demo Out - post#2608 is WIN

noisome07

Banned
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...00-4000-8000-0000454188ab?partner=MajorNelson

http://m.majornelson.com/archive/2010/01/28/battlefield-bad-company-2--demo-1f9uzyfmy.aspx

Title: Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 - Demo
Regions: Australia
Description: Welcome to the Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 multiplayer demo! Get ready to feel the heat of battle in the vast Port Valdez map set on the Alaskan coastline. Fight together to secure valuable crates in 'Rush Mode' as the action progresses seamlessly across a variety of different locations. Delivering best-in class vehicle warfare and unprecendented levels of destruction Battlefield: Bad Company™2 will deliver an all-out war experience unlike any other. Demo ends 25th February 2010.

From the USA and I was able to download it.

edit: Sorry about the lame title. Thanks for editing it, haha

noisome07

Banned
logen9999 said:
it still hasnt popped up on my marketplace. i'm east coast

Click the first link in my post and download it to your 360.

Noogy said:
Interesting, downloading now. But will it run? (I'm also in the US)

I don't see why not. Forza 3 was posted from another country (Spain I think?) and the leaderboards worked fine. Everything was in English, too.

Manager

It was up for a while on the Swedish Marketplace (by browsing through titles) but now down again, Xbox.com link worked well though.

Manager

Played a match, people have no idea what they're doing :D They are everywhere, enemies in spawn areas. Was the same early with the PS3 beta.

supermackem said:
Cant wait to try it, wonder if the aa is as bad as on ps3. Same map?

Different Map, same mode. AA looks about the same.

-edit- Actually might be a bit smoother not a good judge at this.

eek5

supermackem said:
Cant wait to try it, wonder if the aa is as bad as on ps3. Same map?

no it's the snow map

bf01.jpg

bf02.jpg

bf03.jpg

eek5

NemesisPrime said:
So? Early impressions? Framerate? AA?
From what I've seen so far framerate is a very smooth

sidenote: the TOW2 is pretty badass.. much more fun than the KORN :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This a great start to the day - totally unexpected, especially it being a different map!

But once again I gotta go be busy, but at least it's downloading now while I'll be out!

Thanks! :D

eek5

Attacking on this map seems nearly impossible. The best strategy is probably to grab B first but the building that overlooks it is right above which makes it difficult. Pretty strange since the first set of crates is usually the easiest to grab.

eek5 said:
Attacking on this map seems nearly impossible. The best strategy is probably to grab B first but the building that overlooks it is right above which makes it difficult. Pretty strange since the first set of crates is usually the easiest to grab.

Yeah B is damn near impossible at the moment. Once people figure out that you need to take out that building first it should be ok.

So far I've only gotten to the end of the map once and that was the first game when there was about 4 people in the entire game.

eek5

MiloFoxburr said:
Yeah B is damn near impossible at the moment. Once people figure out that you need to take out that building first it should be ok.

So far I've only gotten to the end of the map once and that was the first game when there was about 4 people in the entire game.
The problem is the team spawns right behind that building so there is always a stream of people overlooking B. It's a pretty strange design choice.. something you'd usually see on a last set of crates not the first one.

Also I thought they fixed the spotting? Shooting people sitll doesn't spot them; the only way to do it is still to hit BACK which just leads to spot spamming.

eek5 said:
Also I thought they fixed the spotting? Shooting people sitll doesn't spot them; the only way to do it is still to hit BACK which just leads to spot spamming.

They've made the spots smaller haven't they? Much harder to make out for me on this map. No one seems to be spot spamming at the moment but I'd say most are new to the game.

Oh someone destroyed B..

eek5

MiloFoxburr said:
They've made the spots smaller haven't they? Much harder to make out for me on this map. No one seems to be spot spamming at the moment but I'd say most are new to the game.

Oh someone destroyed B..
Are you in the same game as me? :lol Someone just destroyed B in my game too. First time I've seen the second set of crates

Yeah the spotting seems to be a bit shorter in range and it actually goes away if you duck into cover now but yeah no one knows about it really so I don't see anyone other than me spotting

eek5 said:
Are you in the same game as me? :lol Someone just destroyed B in my game too. First time I've seen the second set of crates

Yeah the spotting seems to be a bit shorter in range and it actually goes away if you duck into cover now but yeah no one knows about it really so I don't see anyone other than me spotting

I'm on the 4th set now I think.. Just noticed that defenders have a helicopter after the first set of crates.

I actually liked the old spotting lol. Lots of free points. But this way probably works best.

-edit- And we lost :( Right done for a while. It's really hard to level up.. 6500 points to even get to Level 1 and now 11500 for Level 2. Even in my best games on the PS3 Beta I was only getting 5000-6000 points and would usually average 2000-3000.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Holy shit at the AA.. or lack there of.

1943 was nowhere near as jaggy as this, I guess it's because of the increase in detail/objects etc.

eek5

MiloFoxburr said:
I'm on the 4th set now I think.. Just noticed that defenders have a helicopter after the first set of crates.

I actually liked the old spotting lol. Lots of free points. But this way probably works best.

-edit- And we lost :( Right done for a while. It's really hard to level up.. 6500 points to even get to Level 1 and now 11500 for Level 2. Even in my best games on the PS3 Beta I was only getting 5000-6000 points and would usually average 2000-3000.
Yeah I found the helicopter

and I also found out I still can't fly them :lol

Just noticed most Weapons are locked out in the Demo and you can't get any Specializations at all :/. I can't play a medic without the M1A1 lol.

Top Bottom