• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

Pyrokai

Is there a site where you can, I guess, "count" this stuff? Like how exactly would I know how many more grams of carbs would I need?

Well, the nutrition guide for P90X has this info in there for you. There are some quick calculations in there for each phase of the workout and it'll tell you all that info. Then you can use MyFitnessPal (or similar calorie counting app) to track what you eat.

I have to note, though, that the eating plan for P90X is mostly for weight loss. What are your specific goals? The first phase of P90X has a high protein/low carb/low fat eating plan, if I remember correctly. You might not want that if you're looking to gain size, but you won't lose any muscle while doing P90X

Here's a quick calculator I found on Google.

Looks like this will tell you which "level" to be eating at, which is in the guide. You can probably find this info online if you don't have access to the nutrition guide. Also, if you scroll down on that site, it has some info on each of the eating "phases". It's a pretty nice summary. Hope this helps.

Soi-Fong

Well, the nutrition guide for P90X has this info in there for you. There are some quick calculations in there for each phase of the workout and it'll tell you all that info. Then you can use MyFitnessPal (or similar calorie counting app) to track what you eat.

I have to note, though, that the eating plan for P90X is mostly for weight loss. What are your specific goals? The first phase of P90X has a high protein/low carb/low fat eating plan, if I remember correctly. You might not want that if you're looking to gain size, but you won't lose any muscle while doing P90X

Here's a quick calculator I found on Google.

Looks like this will tell you which "level" to be eating at, which is in the guide. You can probably find this info online if you don't have access to the nutrition guide. Also, if you scroll down on that site, it has some info on each of the eating "phases". It's a pretty nice summary. Hope this helps.

I read up on some of the nutritional guide. Like it said on it, I want to follow the 1st phase for at least a month since more than anything I want to lose the belly fat I have right now.

I know the second phase is more "balanced" per say which I plan to follow soon after.

Tash

Is there a site where you can, I guess, "count" this stuff? Like how exactly would I know how many more grams of carbs would I need?

If you are VERY dedicated you could use Myfitnesspal including its free app for Android or iOS. You can barcode scan food but I think for the US most is in the existing DB already. It gives you very detailed info on all you need to know. I use it in combo with my Fitbit HR and Insanity: Max 30 guidelines.

Just wondering if anyone can help answer these questions I have from the previous page.

Also....add to this Deadlift Squat (Build Back/Bis) and Parallel Squat (Build Legs). What's the difference? I seriously can't figure it out.

Sorry, can't help with these. Haven't done Body Beast :/

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
And that's Asylum Vol. 1 done. Was feeling a bit off the last few days, so I didn't finish as strongly as I'd hoped. Ah well. I'm going to do some P90X3 Yoga, Isometrix and PiYo over the next few days, then on Monday I'm going to dive back in to a second round of Insanity: Max 30 Ab Maximizer schedule.

This year has been really good for my legs & core in particular, so far. And I'm happy that even though it's crunch time, I've still been able to work out every day and not gain any weight, despite the availability and temptations of free pizza & donuts. I put on 25lbs with Skyrim, not so this time!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Also....add to this Deadlift Squat (Build Back/Bis) and Parallel Squat (Build Legs). What's the difference? I seriously can't figure it out.

I think it depends on what muscle group you're trying to activate. IIRC, in Deadlift Squat I use my back instead of my legs when going up, and squeeze my back a lot when I'm standing up.
In Parallel Squat I focus instead on only using my legs and keeping my upper body out of it as much as possible (while still maintaining good form).

owlbeak

Question!

I've completed P90X twice, and P90X3 twice (currently doing a third round). I have a question about nutrition mostly. I'm where I want to be weight wise (5'6", 137ish lbs), mostly dropped that low to cut a bunch of fat I had (down from ~190lbs in 2012) and was primarily successful and happy with it. Still have some fat around my stomach I'd like to fucking get rid of, but I'd also like to work on building more muscle and getting muscle definition which should help burn the rest of that off. I'm sitting around 18-20% body fat last time I checked.

So my question: what do I need to eat to cut a few % of body fat and start building some muscle? I'm not trying to get bulky or anything, but lean muscle definition would be nice. Hell, it may be fine once I get down to <15% BF.

But nutrition has always been the weakest part of my day-to-day. I feel like maybe I don't eat enough because of weight gain concerns, so I'm losing out on "dem gainz". Halp. :)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Question!

I've completed P90X twice, and P90X3 twice (currently doing a third round). I have a question about nutrition mostly. I'm where I want to be weight wise (5'6", 137ish lbs), mostly dropped that low to cut a bunch of fat I had (down from ~190lbs in 2012) and was primarily successful and happy with it. Still have some fat around my stomach I'd like to fucking get rid of, but I'd also like to work on building more muscle and getting muscle definition which should help burn the rest of that off. I'm sitting around 18-20% body fat last time I checked.

So my question: what do I need to eat to cut a few % of body fat and start building some muscle? I'm not trying to get bulky or anything, but lean muscle definition would be nice. Hell, it may be fine once I get down to <15% BF.

But nutrition has always been the weakest part of my day-to-day. I feel like maybe I don't eat enough because of weight gain concerns, so I'm losing out on "dem gainz". Halp. :)

Low carb, high protein, moderate fat. You have to trick your body into burning fat for energy. You won't be able to bulk up at this time, though, because you want your body turning to stored fat for energy so your calorie intake will probably need to be a bit lower. You might throw in some extra cardio on top of your P90X3, too. Basically you can either cut or bulk, but not both at the same time. So you need to decide what's more important to you.

owlbeak

Low carb, high protein, moderate fat. You have to trick your body into burning fat for energy. You won't be able to bulk up at this time, though, because you want your body turning to stored fat for energy so your calorie intake will probably need to be a bit lower. You might throw in some extra cardio on top of your P90X3, too. Basically you can either cut or bulk, but not both at the same time. So you need to decide what's more important to you.
Gotcha. So looks like cut to drop 5% BF and then work on building muscle. Bodies are such a pain haha

So after my last post saying that I was starting Insanity Max 30 again, I found out I'd have to move house. This kinda threw me and took precedence over my morning workouts. In the end I stopped :(

However, I finally moved house about 3 weeks ago, and eventually managed to find some space where I could work out. Today is the first day of my second week and I'm more determined than ever to finish Max 30 again :)

Amazingly, my max out time in Cardio Challenge went from 8:30 last Monday to 14:30 this morning. I don't know what happened - I just wasn't getting tired. I guess it's the fitness I gained during my first run of Insanity coming back to me.

I took some photos last week, so hopefully in a month and 3 weeks when I take my after photos there'll be a significant enough change in my body to share the pics with you guys.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
After bumbling around just doing random workouts with my friends for a while I'm back to P90-X. Pigeon toed calf raises are a pain two days later...

So it was raining yesterday and i didn't get to go to the gym to do cardio stuff.

so i ended up trying out one of the videos from insanity max which i haven't even tried since i bought it. i didn't know what day 1 was so i just picked one that said cardio lol. i played the modified track. i spent most of the warmup trying to figure out what i'm suppose to do. lol. but after the first round i was getting into it. boy. did i sweat hard.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
So it was raining yesterday and i didn't get to go to the gym to do cardio stuff.

so i ended up trying out one of the videos from insanity max which i haven't even tried since i bought it. i didn't know what day 1 was so i just picked one that said cardio lol. i played the modified track. i spent most of the warmup trying to figure out what i'm suppose to do. lol. but after the first round i was getting into it. boy. did i sweat hard.

Max 30 is great. I'm in the second week of my second round, though it's been a rough couple of days -- late nights & not much sleep made for an abbreviated workout yesterday morning and a skipped one today. I'll get back into it tomorrow.

Max 30 is great. I'm in the second week of my second round, though it's been a rough couple of days -- late nights & not much sleep made for an abbreviated workout yesterday morning and a skipped one today. I'll get back into it tomorrow.

You're at exactly the same place as I am, same round as well :D I also took a day off this week as my good ol' left hamstring was playing up on Tuesday. Took Wednesday off, did Wednesday's workout today, will do today's tomorrow and then Friday's on Saturday so I'm caught up.

Hate having to take days off
mad.gif

Rest

Gah. After months of building it up, my workout space has been obliterated. Tonight I'm going to do cardio with a friend, but I don't know what I'll be doing for the next few days.

Gah. After months of building it up, my workout space has been obliterated. Tonight I'm going to do cardio with a friend, but I don't know what I'll be doing for the next few days.

Hope you managed to sort something out. Doing the workouts is hard enough without the goalposts constantly moving :/

I'm having to do this round on my back garden patio. If I don't do it on a mat my flatmates moan about the sound, and if they have work early they often sit right near where I'm working out which made me feel very self-conscious at the start. The worst thing is they smoke there, so I get random whiffs of nicotine while I'm working.

Worth it though. This heatwave is going to ruin me haha.

O.DOGG

I'm on my third day of the second month of Max 30, and I just finished Max Out Sweat, and that shit is just nuts. The workouts that I've seen of the second month so far have completely destroyed the confidence I built during month 1. For the past month I've been maxing out in the 20-25+ minute range, I even managed to finish both Tabatha workouts without maxing out, and the past three days it's been 10-12 minutes tops. I hope it gets better. It's discouraging.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I'm on my third day of the second month of Max 30, and I just finished Max Out Sweat, and that shit is just nuts. The workouts that I've seen of the second month so far have completely destroyed the confidence I built during month 1. For the past month I've been maxing out in the 20-25+ minute range, I even managed to finish both Tabatha workouts without maxing out, and the past three days it's been 10-12 minutes tops. I hope it gets better. It's discouraging.

My max-out times rarely increase, because every time I do the workout I push harder & harder with every move. If there doesn't come a point in the workout where I collapse in a pool of sweat during the workout, I feel like I haven't worked hard enough!

The name of the program is Max 30, you gotta push as hard as you can for as long as you can. Maxing out is your goal. If you're honestly pushing as hard as you can and can get through the entire workout -- you're doing everything with perfect form and full range of motion for the entire time -- then you should start the workout again from the beginning :)

Or do the Ab Maximizer program. Adding a 10-15 minute ab workout after a Max 30 workout can make a big difference, too.

Either way, NEVER feel bad about maxing out. That should be your goal.

O.DOGG

My max-out times rarely increase, because every time I do the workout I push harder & harder with every move. If there doesn't come a point in the workout where I collapse in a pool of sweat during the workout, I feel like I haven't worked hard enough!

The name of the program is Max 30, you gotta push as hard as you can for as long as you can. Maxing out is your goal. If you're honestly pushing as hard as you can and can get through the entire workout -- you're doing everything with perfect form and full range of motion for the entire time -- then you should start the workout again from the beginning :)

Or do the Ab Maximizer program. Adding a 10-15 minute ab workout after a Max 30 workout can make a big difference, too.

Either way, NEVER feel bad about maxing out. That should be your goal.

Thanks. I'll try not to lose that perspective. On second thought, it may be that I don't know the moves yet, and I'm not fully mentally prepared for some of them. Either way, it's been a great program so far though, I'm really liking it.

Tash

I am doing my second round of Max 30 currently. The first round was more of an adaption phase for me since I did the modifier to make sure I got the stabilizer muscles and necessary moves down before I go into the normal ones.

I am now in the third week of the second round (non modifier) and have been improving steadily (same with the first round). However, I am struggling atm since I also transitioned to Keto and while I am in ketosis and can see me toning down already (hellooooo abs! :D) I am struggling with energy because I am not keto adapted yet. Really curious how it works once my body adjusted, though :D

Love the program, hands down my fav from Shaun (besides the original Insanity).

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
My wife wanted to try Shaun T's CIZE workout. They have one of the videos on Beachbody On Demand as a sneak peek, so we did it with our Fit Club at work on Friday.

There was much laughter, and the general reaction afterwards was "that was fun, but let's never do that again!" Make no mistake -- this is a dance program. I got a little bit of a sweat but there really wasn't any major cardio and was very low impact. It's mostly about timing, fluidity of motion and coordination -- i.e. dancing. Way, way outside my comfort zone.

The video itself was about 42 minutes long. Shaun would go over a move a few times, then you'd learn another, adding it to the first, and build up to 4-5 moves in a group. Then you'd move on to another group of moves, learning each one at a time and gradually adding them together, culminating in several "from the top" rounds. Eventually you have the entire collection of moves, and the last bit they play a song (a cover of "Treasure" by Bruno Mars) and you do the entire routine twice. Beachbody also had a contest all month, people would send in videos of them doing the routine to win money. If you search YouTube for "CIZE" you'll find a bunch of them.

Anyway, not for me. But hey -- if you like dancing and want to learn some new moves, it seems like it would be great for that!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Just introduced at the Coaches' Summit:

The Master's Hammer & Chisel

The first-ever collaboration between two Beachbody trainers, Autumn Calabrese (21 Day Fix) and Sagi Kalev (Body Beast). From the FAQ:

You'll focus on building muscle, power, and strength with The Master's Hammer™ workouts and trainer Sagi Kalev, while you shed fat and sculpt definition with The Master's Chisel™ workouts and trainer Autumn Calabrese. Plus, it includes a dedicated modifier who demonstrates moves at a lower intensity and adapts exercises for those with limited access to equipment.

It's a 60 day program with 14 workouts. Ships in December 2015 for $89.95, which also includes color-coded containers for portion control and a shaker cup.

There's an e-mail collector here if you want to sign up for updates.

They've also announced Shakeology Boosts. These are optional add-ons for Shakeology: Focused Energy Boost, Power Greens Boost, and Digestive Help Boost. I guess you're not necessarily supposed to use them every day. They'll be 20 servings per container, priced at $49.95/$34.95/$44.95 (same order as above) available 7/21.

Shaun T's new dance workout program, CIZE, will be available starting at midnight PST on 7/20.

The new Beachbody Performance line of supplements will be available starting as a package starting 7/22 as well. I'm not sure when they'll start selling them individually. They will be offering a sampler pack at some point similar to what they do for Shakeology.

I'll definitely pick up Hammer & Chisel. Sounds like a good program and not a bad price, either.

Gurrry

Ive kind of fallen off the insanity/p90x videos and moved onto random stuff on youtube. Ive been doing Christine Salus 1000 calorie workouts. They are brutal, but I always feel good afterward.

However, I really wanna start building muscle again. Are there any good YT videos for that? The ones I find are always really shitty.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Beachbody's new line of premium workout supplements, "Beachbody Performance" is rolling out today. Click the link for a couple videos & info about them.

These include a pre-workout drink, a hydration formula for use during intense workouts, a post-workout recovery drink, a "recharge" drink you take within an hour before going to sleep that promotes muscle growth & helps to reduce DOMS, and a creatine add-on.

Since I generally do early morning workouts and rely on a pre-workout drink to get going, I'm definitely going to try out the pre-workout drink. I've used E&E before and several other brands, so I'm looking forward to comparing this new one.

I usually don't do a recovery drink, since I take my shakeology about an hour or so after working out anyway. I'm not sure the creatine will be all that much different from other brands. I am interested in the Hydrate blend, though I'm not sure a 30 minute workout is long enough for something like that. Maybe for the longer programs like the earlier P90Xs, Insanity, Asylum, Body Beast etc. which have workouts lasting up to an hour or more.

The Recharge one is interesting. I might give that one a shot at some point.

They are going to have a $19.95 sampler pack. I'll post a link for it as soon as it's available. And they'll have various combinations of the supplements available in bundles that'll let you save some money.

Tash

I'm interested in dropping my gym membership and opting for the On Demand service but how do I sign up for it in the UK?

You basically need a dummy address in the states to get a US membership iirc.
I am really disappointed there are not more pushes towards proper EU integration. The Coach program, the supplements, the services.

Even ordering to EU is costing a shitload due to toll regulations :(
And I am such a big fan and many have gotten the programs thanks to me talking about it..

You basically need a dummy address in the states to get a US membership iirc.
I am really disappointed there are not more pushes towards proper EU integration. The Coach program, the supplements, the services.

Even ordering to EU is costing a shitload due to toll regulations :(
And I am such a big fan and many have gotten the programs thanks to me talking about it..
Disappointing. The on demand service seems like a no brainer when it comes to the products being offered to international customers.

Tash

Disappointing. The on demand service seems like a no brainer when it comes to the products being offered to international customers.

Definitely. Unfortunately not everything is available of course (wouldn't make much sense from a business point of view..)

I am such a huge fan that I do own all the programs I do as originals but it's a HUGE investment with toll and all that crap :/

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I imagine they'll expand On Demand internationally eventually. Is think it's only technical limitations holding them back at this point -- they won't be facing the same hurdles they do with their supplements and Shakeology.

Rough week for me. I only worked out on Monday, and the rest of the week my schedule was thrown off with unexpected car issues, crunch time at work, and preparing for belt testing in my martial arts class (I passed!)

Didn't get near enough sleep. This week should be better. I have a couple weeks left of Max 30 then my plan is to do Asylum Volume 2.

O.DOGG

Last Friday I finished Insanity Max 30. I loved it. This is the best Beachbody program I've tried. The workouts are very tough, especially the second month but being so short I didn't start hating them like I did the original Insanity towards the end (well, aside from Friday Fight 2). My vitality has improved perceptibly and I've been feeling great. I didn't get great results because I haven't been eating clean - too much fruit, I guess. But I can easily see how I could get better results if I was a bit more disciplined with my eating.

Now I'm taking a week or two to recover with only light to moderate exercises then I'm considering starting a second round of Max 30. I like it that much. I may do that and another round of Body Beast after which would last me until the Hammer and Chisel program becomes available. Well, barring any injuries of course.

Tash

In the middle of the second month of Insanity: Max 30
Current progress of someone who got diagnosed with MS 7 years ago. Never give up, never surrender :)

Sorry for the crap quality. iPhone pic..

VNjBwpc.jpg

I plan to finish up this round then either doing a second round or going back to P90X. I would like to add more strength and not sure of body weight will help me increase much..(?)

Tash

Looking great Tash, keep it up! :)

Thank you :)

Also, today I found this guide about proper form for push-ups. I knew about most of the stuff (especially the tuck under) but there are some things I was totally unaware off and I am a stickler for making sure my form is good. The only thing is that he says you need to keep your elbows close to your body at all times which of course is not really correct. It all depends on what kind of push-up you do :):

http://9gag.com/tv/p/aDbbwL/how-to-do-proper-push-ups?ref=fbl9

My wife and I are about to start doing the P90x program. My wife works out regularly, but I have been a couch sloth for well over a decade and have the gut to prove it. Combine that with a pack a day habit, and a love of spending time at the bar, how dead am I?

I have a feeling quitting smoking, axing my fast food habit, and P90 in the same week may kill me. :(

Rest

My wife and I are about to start doing the P90x program. My wife works out regularly, but I have been a couch sloth for well over a decade and have the gut to prove it. Combine that with a pack a day habit, and a love of spending time at the bar, how dead am I?

I have a feeling quitting smoking, axing my fast food habit, and P90 in the same week may kill me. :(

Don't make big changes immediately. Cut back on smoking first. Maybe designate a period of the day when you won't smoke, like an hour after waking up or something similar. For fast food, just start by ordering less and/or ordering healthier things, and not drinking soda if you go in. You workout rest day can also be your eat whatever you want and smoke as much as you like day.

Every three weeks or so set new goals with your changes. Make your no smoking hour two hours, only eat half the side dish when you eat out, or whatever you decide.

Also, go at it hard. It feels better if you're dead tired at the end :)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
anyone bought cize yet. sorta quiet ;P

I did the sample workout in Beachbody On Demand with my Fit Club at work. It was fun, but *way* outside my comfort zone :)

Not much of a workout tbh, but I don't know what the other videos are like.

It has been quiet. I'm so busy with work right now that I've ended up skipping a bunch of workouts, but I'm still plugging away when I can.

Tash

I did the mistake of trying the first two days of Body Beast before having to leave for Gamescom in Germany..I have never been SO sore in my whole life.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Tash when I first did Body Beast, I was sore pretty much continuously for the first couple months. Made it hard to sleep!

I installed the Beachbody On Demand app on my FireTV Stick this morning. Works great! After taking last week off I'm gearing up for Asylum Vol. 2 next week. It'll be the first BB workout I'm doing without owning a physical copy!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Back again. Day 3 (p90x).

I had long been dreading doing Plyo again for the first time, and as expected it was pretty humbling and painful last night. Really felt my knees giving out during Mary Catherines and Hot Foot/Rock Star Hops absolutely obliterated me, I could barely get off the ground. Feels bad :( I can barely remember what it felt like to crush this workout like I used to. Ah well. Just have to get back there.

A lone note to my credit, I did make it through the entire thing including the bonus sports round (with modified moves throughout certainly, thanks Pam), which I was not able to do the first time I ever did Plyo. Other than that it was pretty crushing but hey, that's why I'm doing it again in the first place I suppose.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shame this thread is a little on the defunct side. It was seeing it back when it was on Off-Topic proper that got me into P90X and got me into shape for the first time in my life. I guess is more appropriate to have it community but it's a bit sad.

Long shot but does anyone have maybe a clue why this great old ab video I used to rely on is now unavailable? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_usVg7Fp0 Obviously you can't tell much from the link :( It was a 7 or 8 minute video with a blond dude, no equipment, and at the end he ate some french fries to troll you, lol

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Yeah, thread is way too quiet.

Started Asylum Volume 2 today, after a couple free-form weeks.

First workout is X Trainer. LOTS of agility ladder work throughout (plus a couple moves that were not in the tutorial, that threw me off a bit because I did the tutorial most days over the past couple weeks!) LOTS of push-ups & plank work. Some work with dumbbells. It's a 50 minute workout but it went by very quickly; the moves are so varied.

Tough workout. Really wiped me out -- I definitely have room to improve!

This is also my first Beachbody workout that's On Demand only -- I don't own a physical copy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, I'll keep posting updates for my own sake at least :p

Week 2 Chest and Back and Plyo done. Both still totally crushed me as expected, but I was happy to note the sensation of my body getting back into the rhythm of being pushed like this. It didn't feel so "unnatural" as the first week and I had to modify substantially fewer of the Plyo moves the second time around. Ab Ripper X is the biggest killer for me right now, and I can't find the youtube routine I preferred so I need to stick with it for now.

My wrists have been hurting a bit during push-ups... don't really like that. I think some of those push-up bars, finally, would be a good investment. Also, I'm working out with a yoga mat on tile and think I could use some more cushioning for the higher impact days. Does anyone have any suggestions for that?

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Well, I'll keep posting updates for my own sake at least :p

Week 2 Chest and Back and Plyo done. Both still totally crushed me as expected, but I was happy to note the sensation of my body getting back into the rhythm of being pushed like this. It didn't feel so "unnatural" as the first week and I had to modify substantially fewer of the Plyo moves the second time around. Ab Ripper X is the biggest killer for me right now, and I can't find the youtube routine I preferred so I need to stick with it for now.

My wrists have been hurting a bit during push-ups... don't really like that. I think some of those push-up bars, finally, would be a good investment. Also, I'm working out with a yoga mat on tile and think I could use some more cushioning for the higher impact days. Does anyone have any suggestions for that?

I have the Tony Horton push-up stands. They work really well, though I don't always use them. In addition to helping save your wrists they allow a larger range of motion, too, plus they're pretty comfortable.

For flooring I use 1/2" thick foam puzzle mats. The ones I have are 2'x2' and I have a 14'x12' area. They work pretty well, though they've formed kind of a "bubble" in the middle that's annoying. At some point I'm going to upgrade to something a lot thicker, but it's more expensive. The thinner puzzle mats can be had pretty inexpensively.

These are the ones I have currently.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I got a gym membership (for a year) last week after doing beach body programs for the past 4 years. Really changed my life for the better in many ways. I've gone through P90X, X2, X3 and Body Beast several times at this point. I still have the video of myself that I took from before I started working out (in July 2011), always amusing to see. lol
For the past year I've been doing Body Beast 6 times per week, so I thought it made sense to move on to a gym. To be honest I've barely ever been to a gym before, so it's kind of exciting actually. But that's also why I'm not posting as much as before (not that I made lots of posts before, but still). I'll still try to squeeze in some Body Beast at home or maybe X2 Yoga from time to time though. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have the Tony Horton push-up stands. They work really well, though I don't always use them. In addition to helping save your wrists they allow a larger range of motion, too, plus they're pretty comfortable.

For flooring I use 1/2" thick foam puzzle mats. The ones I have are 2'x2' and I have a 14'x12' area. They work pretty well, though they've formed kind of a "bubble" in the middle that's annoying. At some point I'm going to upgrade to something a lot thicker, but it's more expensive. The thinner puzzle mats can be had pretty inexpensively.

These are the ones I have currently.
That looks like a great start, thanks for the suggestions. It actually seems a little tough to locate thicker mats on amazon. I'd be surprised if my Yoga mat was even 1/8th inch so this would be a big step up.

Top Bottom