• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Bang Theory - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Maybe you're going to like it once you grow out of watching cartoons.

iqowuYMECH030.gif

This episode has accomplished the impossible... They made Melissa Rauch unattractive.
That was the point. But yeah, somehow they did it. Much like Edgar Wright did the impossible by making Mary Elizabeth Winstead unattractive in Scott Pilgrim, and the last issue of W magazine somehow had a photo shoot that made Jennifer Lawrence unattractive.

On a different note, I did like the joke Howie Mandel got in on Howard by calling him "Ringo." It fits.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
This episode has accomplished the impossible... They made Melissa Rauch unattractive.

jgsj3306759bjmq.jpg

Sweet Mercy...

How is that even possible? The glasses actually make her sexier. Call it a fetish. ;)

Wow, finally a great episode in this season. :D

What's up with the random kiss attack?

Also, they did a great job hiding her right hand. I definitely saw her right hand in a cast but it was really easy to miss.

aku:jiki

Did this episode have a new writer or something? I generally enjoy the show but I think this was the first episode ever that made me laugh out loud because of how surprising some of the jokes were. The holes joke, Amy's Operation line with perfect delivery, the kissing attack, Howard's weird singing at the end... This whole episode constantly had me wondering WTF was going on, but I liked it.

Yeah, I hope it's back to intellectual deadpan Amy, which is why I really liked her character in the first place. She's been spending way too much of her character fawning over Sheldon lately.

Did this episode have a new writer or something? I generally enjoy the show but I think this was the first episode ever that made me laugh out loud because of how surprising some of the jokes were. The holes joke, Amy's Operation line with perfect delivery, the kissing attack, Howard's weird singing at the end... This whole episode constantly had me wondering WTF was going on, but I liked it.

Yeah, there are some moments with Mayim Bialik totally nails it as Amy with her comedic timing. She'll be all serious and through in a little laugh right at the end that makes me crack up.

Deadly

A change for good if so. This was the first episode I've really enjoyed since a LONG time.

Davey Cakes

I actually agree with the "surprising" aspects of this episode. The Sheldon kissing part caught me off guard.

As much as I like this show, it could use some snappier and more shocking writing. It is in its 6th season, after all.

Season 5 started strong and got weaker. Season 6 started decently but is getting better. I hope the trend continues. I will say that I wish they would just split up Leonard and Penny and end that storyline. It really just doesn't work for me; not all the men and women in the show have to be couples. Just "Jerry and Elaine" them already!

This show is absolutely atrocious. Anybody who actually watches it should hang their heads in shame.
I watch and have watched a lot of quality TV shows. I know TBBT is polarizing but sometimes even people like me can enjoy something of its nature. No shame here. I don't feel like I'm compromising my tastes. I'm very selective about shows and I do have some standards, but I'm also open-minded; gave TBBT a shot and it clicked, so shoot me.

In the past I've even admitted that this show has started to lose me a bit (in a similar way to other comedy shows like The Office and 30 Rock which sort of tapered off after their strongest seasons), but I still tune in because the good moments are worth sticking around for.

Its interesting to see that the characters are maturing slowly and slowly. Sheldon's tolerance of basic social customs and norms is fun to see. Penny's understanding of her place in the nerd kingdom and despite all Sheldon's fussy behavior shes learned to accept it. Not to mention the nerd's ability to actually maintain relationships with super hot women. Its growth and change that every show needs. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think its exactly the kind of natural progression this show needed.

Kazerei

Banned
I was pleasantly surprised by the latest episode too. Lots of funny little moments, like Sheldon drawing the present.

Neo Child

Banned
episode 3 of this season was problably my favourite episode in the past few, also this episode was good but howards my fave character when they go out of their way to make him seem alone and pathetic its sad.

sestrugen

This last episode was so full of the things I love about TBBT, hope they can continue doing that.

Having Stewart as a regular on the show is great, brings some of the nerdom that has been missing since S5 latest episodes.

Davey Cakes

I think Penny is one of the most unlikable, stupid bitches in the history of television.
I enjoyed her growth as a character for a while but her likability went out the door with the original breakup and now I'm wishing they'd break up permanently so she can stop dragging Leonard down.

I enjoyed her growth as a character for a while but her likability went out the door with the original breakup and now I'm wishing they'd break up permanently so she can stop dragging Leonard down.

She just treats Leonard like absolute shit. What's the reverse of feminism?

orion434

I like Penny, but not Leonard and Penny. She brings out the worst in him... annoying Leonard, not in a funny way, but cringe-worthy.

Zoe

Man, when is TBS gonna start showing season 5 reruns. They're about to finish up season 4 again, and unless the descriptions are wrong, they'll be back to season 1 next week :\

I like Penny, but not Leonard and Penny. She brings out the worst in him... annoying Leonard, not in a funny way, but cringe-worthy.

There's the part when he's pretending to be her boyfriend for the benefit of her father and just kisses her face repeatedly and sloppily. It's really uncomfortable and disgusting to watch,

rCIZZLE

Penny has definitely become the weak link in the cast over the past few seasons. There's not really much they can do to change it either unless they jump on the normal boring sitcom track and have her and Leonard get engaged, move in together, etc.

Penny has definitely become the weak link in the cast over the past few seasons. There's not really much they can do to change it either unless they jump on the normal boring sitcom track and have her and Leonard get engaged, move in together, etc.

They are the least incompatible couple in the frigging world. He must be really good at nerdy, awkward sex, because I can see no other reason why a slutty, thick as shit girl would stick around a sniveling, socially inept little bitch.

orion434

There's the part when he's pretending to be her boyfriend for the benefit of her father and just kisses her face repeatedly and sloppily. It's really uncomfortable and disgusting to watch,

Some of my favorite episodes are post-Penny break-up, but before he gets serious with Pryia.

speedline

Banned

Yeah that was terrible, you could hear the spit sloshing around every time he was "making out" with her. Ugh.

The last 2 episodes have both been great. It's good to see Howard back on Earth, even though he didn't get the return party he was hoping for. I hope they don't pit Howard Vs. Stewart for Raajs' attention. Howard is married now, so i'd expect him to hang out less with the guys and more with his wife. Rocketman was funny and a great/sad ending.

speedline

Banned
They are the least incompatible couple in the frigging world. He must be really good at nerdy, awkward sex, because I can see no other reason why a slutty, thick as shit girl would stick around a sniveling, socially inept little bitch.

Sorry for the double post

The way I see it, she is basically using him when she needs to build up her self esteem. She only goes back for him when either she breaks up with a boyfriend, or he gets attention from someone else-- then all of a sudden she gets jealous and can't stand him not giving her all the attention. She just keeps him around in case she gets lonely or needs an ego boost. As soon as she gets comfortable that she has him hooked, she starts looking to break up and search for new dick.

Leonard with Pria was a fairly confident Leonard and quite frankly would have no problems with women considering his intellect and stability in life.

ElFly

Thing is they have done a lot of the classic arcs for couples in tv. She was courted, they got together, they broke up, they moved on to other partners, they hooked up again, they are breaking up again.

The series is really at its best when they are not together, to be honest, but are still flirting or being jealous of each other.

orion434

When Pryia fucked Sheldon over with his own contract? Man that is my favorite ep.

I enjoy when it's Penny & Sheldon, when she has to go to the ER and Sheldon drives her. When Penny Calls his mom in the Panty Pinata', when she teaches Sheldon acting... or when he teaches her Physics. Leonard and Penny are boring...

When Pryia fucked Sheldon over with his own contract? Man that is my favorite ep.

That's definitely my favorite episode too. In fact, I really loved Priya. I actually like Priya more than Penny, but maybe that's because I think she's way hotter. That accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom