• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Bang Theory - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it just me, or did Sheldon's laptop have a network disconnection icon while he called Amy?

I really loved the ep anyway. It was over before I noticed!

mantidor

I thought it was eaither a dream or Sheldon playing with them, I was right about the second one.

Pretty hilarious, and a penny/leonard story that didn't suck, good things all around!

meijiko

The end was kind of a tease. And I'm going to need a gif of that gesture Sheldon was doing to illustrate the chicken pecking at corn. It was so subtle but I was laughing my ass off.

When I saw the hackey sack I was hoping that Jim Parsons might have some secret talent they wanted him to show off, but he was pretty mediocre. Still, overall good episode. Not as great as other recent ones, but I'm happy with it.

Fry

idhWQeaBBdYuL.gif

haha

Galang

Banned
This is why I can't hate this show, simply because the cast seems like they have so much fun. It's easy to say "this show sucks wah wah" but the people putting it together are all awesome.

Yup, quite the shame :(. Though in truth I rarely see any hate for it outside gaming forums.

Berto2K

Jim Parsons just standing up behind the crowd just makes it so many times funnier...
I noticed that too. Was hoping for him to run up through the middle and start dancing or something towards the end. But the bazinga fits too well.

Kaley can get low low low anytime. A-OK with me.

Jim Parsons just standing up behind the crowd just makes it so many times funnier...

Fantastic. And Jim standing and watching was great, almost like they didn't tell him. And it looks like they didnt tell Chuck Lorre either.

But Jim's response at the end is what sealed the whole deal.

On a side note, it is nice that for the most part this thread has been just people watching it and enjoying it without an endless stream of people shitting it up to bash the show. It is a very nice change of pace from any other time BBT gets mentioned on here. That is something that I am thankful for. A nice place to have a few comments about the show.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
There's a lot of hotness bouncing around at the front of that mob.

When they split up into boy/girl groups, the chick on the top left with the white top and skinny black jeans...

YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Yes, that is great. I kind of wished the show didn't get mentioned in basically every thread that treats about bad comedy in general. Every time.

___

The CBS hit surged to an all-time high audience of 17.4 million viewers and a season-high 5.5 in the adults 18-to-49 demographic Thursday.

At least it has mostly steered clear of this thread. Any other time some form of discussion was started it got shit on by haters. It was nearly impossible to talk about it without people piling on you.

AAequal

Banned

rCIZZLE

No Amy or Burnadette... kinda enjoyed the return of just Penny and the guys.

I remember a couple episodes after Amy debuted thinking (and hoping) she'd be quickly gone. She's just a boring character now with the most rehashed unfunny jokes of anybody from the cast. Bernadette has been pretty boring lately too with all the marriage humor.

Flash

I liked the last episode - the alternative universe portal prank got a good laugh out of me.

Also, not a fan of Amy (and to a lesser extent, Burnadette), so it was refreshing not seeing them this episode. Also glad they're cutting back on the whole Howard went to the moon thing.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I never cared much for Bernadette, though I thought she was way funnier in the beginning. Her personality and comments were a bit creepier.

Amy on the other hand I still like, but I thought the fight with Sheldon over Wheaton was stupid. She was being an ass and yet Sheldon has to be on her side just because she's his girlfriend? Meh.

Overall, the season started pretty poorly but picked up quickly. Me likey!

the episode without Amy and Bernadette is the best episode of the season, go figure.

I like the shore more when there are more antics at the university and around the cafeteria table than constant relationship blah

orion434

I was just watching "The Creepy Candy Coating" episode from Season 3 where Burnadette is first introduced and she was comparing notes with Howard on her overbearing mother... I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about her catholic mother outside this episode. I know her father made an appearance, but was Burnadette's mom ever on the show?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Why do you guys keep calling her "BUrnadette"? Is it a play on words, or is the name so uncommon in the US that the spelling doesn't come naturally?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I was just watching "The Creepy Candy Coating" episode from Season 3 where Burnadette is first introduced and she was comparing notes with Howard on her overbearing mother... I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about her catholic mother outside this episode. I know her father made an appearance, but was Burnadette's mom ever on the show?

I don't think she has been which is weird.

Slayven

I would have never imagined the show getting more popular at this point of it's life :O CBS seems to dominate all big time slots. Especially 8 p.m. slot.

Read the life story of NCIS. Shows being a grower and not a shower are their specialty.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Yeah, it's a common mistake, I knew a girl named Burnadette... that's how she spelled it.

Really? Was she actually called that, or did she think it was supposed to be spelled that way?
As a side note, the name Bernadette is very old-fashioned here in France.

orion434

Really? Was she actually called that, or did she think it was supposed to be spelled that way?
As a side note, the name Bernadette is very old-fashioned here in France.

It's common with me, her parents had it spelt that way. Bernadette / Burnadette it's not so bad.

Bossun

What's a Dette? Why would you burn it?

Anyway liked this episode without Amy and Bernadette. I don't have anything against them but they were beginning to be a bit overly present in the show.

Not a huge fan of the shift to a more romance/couple related serie too. Penny and Leonard is enough now that bernadette and howard are done and how long it's been dragging on. Hope that after this episode things will move on for them.
Amy and Sheldon antics are also getting old.

This episode was fresh.

speedline

Banned
Refreshing episode for sure, not sure how many more howards mom jokes I could have taken. Alex is amazing and I hope they keep her around for a while, she makes Penny look like a cheap date and hopefully they can pull off a fun rivalry over leonard.

rezuth

This season has been pretty okay so far, maybe a bit weird with Sheldon though. He just seems personality changed but whatever! It's clearly a step up from the clusterfuck last season. I had hoped they would phase out Howard and replace him with Stuart.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Been catching up on this show. I can't believe I let haters influence my watching this show, it's great. ^_^

Bit of a nerdy question. Wolowitz had a model of the Enterprise-D in his room. Anyone know what model/toy it is?

orion434

Johnny Galecki was also in I know what you did last summer. Jackie, David & Darleen from Roseanne were on The Big Bang Theory cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom