• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Bang Theory - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I can't wait till they find a way to give us this Mayim

334560-the-cast-and-producers-of-the-big-bang-theory-pose-backstage-after-win.jpg

I wanna see how Howard on the show attain this level of style. I am so sick of the terrible haircut and clothes.

Something I've noticed recently is that people who want to mock the Big Bang Theory tend to use "Bazinga!" more often than the show itself does.

RevoDS

Something I've noticed recently is that people who want to mock the Big Bang Theory tend to use "Bazinga!" more often than the show itself does.

The show has actually backed off from overusing the phrase recently. I can't remember the last episode I actually saw "Bazinga!" used in the show.

That's a good thing. Not that I hated the joke, but the writers are cautious not to run it into the ground.

Cipherr

Yeah... I think it's because they wanted to keep a boys group and a girls group. But in doing so they neutered Howard's character. It also is hurting Raj's character IMO.

I dunno, the Amy is sick episode was half focused on Amy, and the other half was Howard and Bernadette. I think the writers did just fine with the episode focused on him.

I got a kick out of him and Bernadettes father trying to get along. The whole section with him trying to learn to catch and gut a fish was pretty funny too.

Davey Cakes

The "Bazinga!" craze leaves me scratching my head. It seemed like such a small part of the show and such an insignificant aspect of Sheldon's character. Yet, it's all over the marketing and merchandise, as if "Bazinga!" encapsulates everything about the show when it does the exact opposite.

Everyone just needs to drop it already.

The "Bazinga!" craze leaves me scratching my head. It seemed like such a small part of the show and such an insignificant aspect of Sheldon's character. Yet, it's all over the marketing and merchandise, as if "Bazinga!" encapsulates everything about the show when it does the exact opposite.

Everyone just needs to drop it already.

It's the equivalent to following all Simpson threads and posting pics of Bart going "Don't have a cow, man!"

I gotta say even though I'm not participating in this thread (mainly because I watch the episodes later than y'all since I watch them dubbed) I'm absolutely loving this season.

Fry

Finally back tonight!

Sheldon is forced to work with Barry Kripke and faces a crisis of confidence. Meanwhile, Howard and Raj spend $1,000 on action figures of themselves.

Just watched. That was a really great episode. Not as funny as many others, but great character growth for Sheldon and Howard. In fact, some of the best character stuff in some time. VERY good episode.

Vlad

Just watched. That was a really great episode. Not as funny as many others, but great character growth for Sheldon and Howard. In fact, some of the best character stuff in some time. VERY good episode.

Makes me glad that most networks put their shows up to watch on their websites, as my crappy Comcast DVR decided to randomly not record it last night. No conflicts, it was on the schedule, but when we go to check it around 9:30 or so, it just says that it wasn't recorded due to a "cancellation by the system".

aparisi2274

"If this envelope is filled with blank paper again, I am going to be FUWIOUS" LOL!!

EDIT: I can see some sort of cliffhanger will they/won't they Sheldon/Amy thing happening at the end of the season.

This episode was really good. I like sitcoms that explore character growth and don't recycle and always go back to square one after each episode.

Season 1 Sheldon is so very different from Season 6 Sheldon and it's great. Now if they could just have Raj grow some.

Can someone tell me the best episode to watch?
I want to give this show a fair chance before I hate it

The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis (Season 2)
The Pants Alternative (season 3)

But it is a show that the more you know the characters, the funnier it is. I was ready to hate the show as well. In fact, I blindly hated it for so long and then a bit more after seeing two or three random episodes. Then I finally sat down and went through the first two seasons over a short period of time and was hooked.

markatisu

S2 E3 "The Barbarian Sublimation"
S2 E7 "The Panty Piñata Polarization"
S3 E15 "The Large Hadron Collision"
S3 E18 "The Pants Alternative"
S4 E1 "The Robotic Manipulation"
S5 E13 "The Recombination Hypothesis" (The 100th Episode)
S6 E9 "The Parking Spot Escalation"

Those are some of the best ones, I would stay away from a lot of S1, S2 and S3 are strong, S4 went down in quality a tad, S5 was better, S6 has been amazing and you could probably pick any S6 episode

DBT85

Then don't judge it by watching one episode? They are only short episodes so you can blitz through a season fairly fast.

As PhoncipleBone said, the show is funny (for me) because you know the characters, not because the shit they say is inherently funny.

The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis has for me one of the greatest final few minutes ever.

markatisu

If he is going to watch just one or two episodes he should really try to catch one that highlights the Penny/Sheldon friendship. Those are usually the funniest because he is socially awkward and she is not a nerd so its like two worlds clashing

The Bath Item episode is one of those, as is The Barbarian Sublimation, The Panty Piñata Polarization, and the The Robotic Manipulation

I would avoid any that focus on Leonard dating someone other than Penny, they are just not as funny

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just counted all the times Sheldon has said "Bazinga" in the series...

26 times... 26...

I just counted all the times Sheldon has said "Bazinga" in the series...

26 times... 26...

So essentially he has said it once every 5 episodes on average. Even lower if you consider that nearly a fourth of the times he said it came from one single episode. Interesting statistics to think about.

mantidor

Not crazy about Sheldon going not asexual, to be honest, how many TV characters are asexual anyway? I would have preferred for his fondness of Amy be about something else , not some " may it be intercourse with Amy" ....

But whatever, I enjoyed it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That wasn't a Star Trek TNG phaser... It was a Voyager phaser.

And I'm going to go hit my head with something now...

SPOILERS!

I think what surprised me most about this episode was that they went with the Walking Dead spoiler. Harry Potter I get because that's like the most spoiled thing since Star Wars but Walking Dead's pretty recent and a very popular show. Risky move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom