• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bojack Horseman Season 4 |OT| Fuck Man, What Else Is There To Say

There's a very real possibility that we will have a different opinion of him by season end.
I think the Diane/Mr. Peanutbutter ruff patch will get worse over his political run and her new job.

Yeah I would not be surprised if they are contemplating divorce by the end of this season. It was already getting a little more heated in season 3 and wouldn't be surprised if there is something this season that breaks the camels back.

Goodstyle

Dumb question: Is there a BoJack hidden in that S4 poster? I thought at first it was a Where's Waldo parody, but I'm thinking now that I might be wrong.

rjinaz

Dumb question: Is there a BoJack hidden in that S4 poster? I thought at first it was a Where's Waldo parody, but I'm thinking now that I might be wrong.

Yes he's the clown.

Just kidding. No, It looks like they are waiting for him to show up at the Red Carpet. It does seem kind of like a parody but he's not hidden in there anywhere.

Peccavi

Hopefully depressed Diane doesn't happen again. I thought Bojack hit a little too close to home, but then Diane shut down and hoo boy

KodaRuss

I really didn't get into the first episode, humor-wise, should I continue it?

This was me as well. I didnt find it funny, didnt really care all that much for the characters. But I pushed on, it was a very slow burn for me but about the end of the first season beginning of the second I was hooked.

The show takes a few episodes to find its groove, but once gets there, it's consistently fantastic.
Yeah, the Avclub club is currently (re)reviewing the first episodes. Here is the review of the first episode which gets a B-

There they write that they were underwhelmed by the first episodes but later episodes made it rise to the 'upper tiers of programming'. Take that as you will :)

Personally I've grown to really love the characters and the twisted and bleak version of an animated show it presents. It's also the only show me and friends can agree on is good.

Qasiel

Sadly I'm away where I can get sod all internet until Monday, but I plan on buying a bottle of something strong and locking myself away with it until I finish binge-watching.

Honestly some of the best TV I've seen in a long time. I'm looking forward to having my heart put through the wringer and not knowing whether my tears are from laughter or sadness.

PK Gaming

The thread title is based on THAT scene huh?

You know what, fuck Todd. He acts like a put upon, innocent party, when he should be kissing the feet of BoJack everyday for giving him a home rent free. You can't claim moral highground on a guy you owe your life to, sorry Todd.

Not just that, but the character spends nearly the entire show acting like a fucking meme, and then suddenly has this abrupt shift into a super serious, "fuck you, Bojack", after the latter fucks up in a way that doesn't even rank among the worst things he's done
oh man, this guy I know has consensual sex with an old friend, oh the horror.

I'd say I'm pretty fond of most of the cast, but I legit despise Todd.

daveo42

Banned
I really didn't get into the first episode, humor-wise, should I continue it?

While I don't think skipping episodes is necessarily a good idea, I think you can generally skip episodes 1 and 2. I think every episode past the first two are necessary based on what happens in later episodes and seasons. I also completely forgot that the episode surrounding Todd's Rock Opera was so early in season 1. That's one hell of a dark episode and that's before the show takes some of it's more dark, human turns.

I like Todd's antics, but yeah I don't like how he tries to take the moral highground while being a lifer in Bojack's good graces.

LotusHD

Banned
Not just that, but the character spends nearly the entire show acting like a fucking meme, and then suddenly has this abrupt shift into a super serious, "fuck you, Bojack", after the latter fucks up in a way that doesn't even rank among the worst things he's done
oh man, this guy I know has consensual sex with an old friend, oh the horror.

I'd say I'm pretty fond of most of the cast, but I legit despise Todd.

The thread title is based on THAT scene huh?

You know what, fuck Todd. He acts like a put upon, innocent party, when he should be kissing the feet of BoJack everyday for giving him a home rent free. You can't claim moral highground on a guy you owe your life to, sorry Todd.

Leave Todd alone :(

Lets not act like Bojack hasnt been a dick to Todd since season 1. He tried to get him back into an addiction that crippled his life!

daveo42

Banned
Heard the cover of
Horse with No Name
on SiriusXM which supposedly plays a role in the season. Pretty good and it seems to slot into the current show quite nicely.

mike6467

I've never cared about a new season like this before. When does Netflix generally put this stuff out, are we talking midnight EST or is it some general update during the day tomorrow?

LProtag

I don't know if I can watch this right now. The school year just started and I'm already stressed out teaching some new classes. I'm not sure if I can deal with the depression this will surely provide.

caliph95

I can't wait to laugh and feel like shit

original

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've never cared about a new season like this before. When does Netflix generally put this stuff out, are we talking midnight EST or is it some general update during the day tomorrow?

New shows always go up fridays 8am UK time, midnight US N.Y.time, whichever timezone N.Y. is in.

New shows always go up fridays 8am UK time, midnight US N.Y.time, whichever timezone N.Y. is in.
EST which is nice because I'm here working on HW and shit but I can download episodes to watch on my ride over tommorrow.

3 6 more hours! (I think)

No wait don't they do it in PST? That means 4:00 AM in EST.

Edit: 3 AM. My math is off.

deepsleep

Neo Member
I like all the seasons equally. Fantastic show

I wonder if BoJack will start racing after seeing those horses in the desert at the end of the last season

C4Lukins

This cartoon, about a horse actor past his prime, hits me in ways that no other show has. I think it is the best series on tv currently, but It is so heart wrenching, that it is hard to be excited for more of it.

Makonero

She's Asian, she has an Asian family and refers to their Vietnamese roots.
So, this a weird question, but would that be an example of whitewashing? I noticed that Rachael Bloom's character appears black too. It's a little uncomfortable really.

Top Bottom