• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bojack Horseman Season 4 |OT| Fuck Man, What Else Is There To Say

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 9 ending broke me

lie-down-2115f.jpg

Perfect response reaction.

Re the ending:
Don't fake me out again dammit, if Bojack is really gonna start turning a corner, make him commit to it this time. If he weasels out again, that season has to end with him dead.

The_Kid

Re the ending:
Don't fake me out again dammit, if Bojack is really gonna start turning a corner, make him commit to it this time. If he weasels out again, that season has to end with him dead.

Remember how Season 2 ended compared to Season 3 ending. You probably have your answer.

Gone through the whole season.

-1 was hilarious, as expected from a
Mr. PB central episode
=> As was the
angry sex between him and Diane. Was really expecting a divorce before his governor run ended.

-Wow!
2, 6, 10, and 11
were... yikes!
My heart couldn't take that much pain.

-Stephani is just adorable.

-I felt bad about
PC and her love life with Ralph. I was hoping it would last, but I knew it wouldn't.

-I was surprised of the
somewhat happy note for Bojack came by the time the season ended

-Even more surprised how
they didn't aim the F-bomb at him for once, but tossed by him in wanting to rip at her mom.

Moonkid

Half way through the first episode, going straight for the jugular with the CNN joke haha.

edit: Interesting to see they're gonna continue making the show more cinematic with more angles and such.

Fancolors

I watched the rest of the season. I maintain that Todd is this season's weakest link,
but I do appreciate how they handled his asexuality

I'm almost afraid of what season 5 might bring because I fear Bojack will screw things up yet again, or maybe this is finally his turning point. Please don't take this away from him

Puruzi

Banned
I feel like
Bojack might legit start to continue to get better while Diane and PB keep spiraling down and then something happens that makes Diane drag him back down again

Deepwater

Without any spoilers, I really really really hope they end the show like this. I thought the ending of season 3 was pretty satisfactory, but honestly I feel like that they left it in a good place.

I also don't know if I can take another season of gut wrenching bojack self destructivism

rashbeep

Banned
If I were to rate the seasons it'd be 1<2<4<3

But I love them all, I can't recall a show that has affected me on this level.

The season dropped right when I was feeling depressed.

It kinda feels right to watch the show in this state. After the first 8 episodes it has been an awesome emotional ride.

Jeff6851

This is the first season other than 1 that I didn't want to immediately start watching again. Not that I didn't like it, it was my favorite season but it was so exhausting to go through it. While the comedy was great there was so much heavy stuff early on that I was thrown off guard.

Sad that Eddie only had one episode, I liked him a lot.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 6 is such truth. Silent daily battles with yourself are exhausting and leave you with little time to think about others.

Nairume

Banned
Without spoilers. Does this season have the 1-2 emotional episodes like the other seasons?
At least one will probably leave you as an empty shell questioning your self worth and another is probably going to leave you emotionally destroyed and in tears.

Between this and Master of None today (LTTP) what a fucking number this has done on me. Today has been shit...I legitimately keep thinking about me and what I'm even doing. Not a good feeling.

Mike M

Nick N
Episode 9's ending was some dirty pool : (

Speculation for the remaining episodes:
Beatrice keeps going on about the baby because Holly's mother visited her before putting Holly up for adoption, but Beatrice kept it from Bojack.

Holy shit. These writers sure know how to tell you how shit someone's life is.
Bojack's grandma episode
really fucked me up. Even the way that dragonfly dude was left messed me up.
Bojack's mum fucked me up too
that episode was horrible. Literally the most difficult episode I've watched of this show.
Pc's
situation was fucked up too. Real stressful to see
her
go through that. Todd feels like he's got the same tone as all the characters did early in the first season. Even mr pb was dealing with some real shit
with his marriage.

The Argus

Watched the first 4 today. It's fun, but so far lacks the charm of the first three seasons, visual gags are at minimum, and something just feels foreign. Hoping it turns around soon.

Mike M

Nick N
Man, I can't believe I binged this in a single day...

Overall, this season felt maybe more upbeat and optimistic than the previous three? It still played in the heartstrings, but Idunno, it felt more melancholy than soul-crushing.

mokeyjoe

Man, I can't believe I binged this in a single day...

Overall, this season felt maybe more upbeat and optimistic than the previous three? It still played in the heartstrings, but Idunno, it felt more melancholy than soul-crushing.

It's how Bojak always seem to me. Anything more seems rather hyperbolic.

Another solid season though. Slightly slow start as usual,but strong finish as usual. Some laugh out loud moments. Good stuff. Ep 9 was the standout to me.

A.J.

Banned
Just finished it. I thought ti was a great season with episode 6 and 9 as immediate highlights.

To discuss a bit more about 9:

I thought Caroline's little speech at the end was the girl in the future playing up herself for the robot teacher, but then it hits you that it was all fake. I loved the turnaround on such a feel good premise into a hard hitting sadness coping techniques.

Mike M

Nick N
It's how Bojak always seem to me. Anything more seems rather hyperbolic.
Idunno, soul-crushing is exactly the term I'd use to describe him pleading with Diane to tell him he's a good person, haunted by the laugh of a daughter from a life he realizes he could have had in Season 1.

Episodes 11 in seasons 2 and 3 might not rate that, but the fallout of his actions with Charlotte and Sarah-Lynn are certainly a whole lot heavier than simply melancholic.

I haven't cried so much watching a show. Episode 11 really hits hard especially since I work in an industry related to the subject.

mokeyjoe

Idunno, soul-crushing is exactly the term I'd use to describe him pleading with Diane to tell him he's a good person, haunted by the laugh of a daughter from a life he realizes he could have had in Season 1.

Episodes 11 in seasons 2 and 3 might not rate that, but the fallout of his actions with Charlotte and Sarah-Lynn are certainly a whole lot heavier than simply melancholic.

Soul crushing is a strong term. Maybe something I'd apply to a piece of media like, I dont know, Boys Don't Cry or Son of Saul, rather than Bojak.

I think it does the series a disservice tbh. I think it's much more balanced than that. It's everyday issues in a surreal setting - stuff that everybody deals with during their life. Much more relatable than 'soul-crushing' - drama rather than melodrama.

Obviously it's subjective, but still, I think it should be viewed in relation to other works.

Neophant

I'm only about 3 episodes in (I'm watching them with my gf when we get the chance) but I just can't believe how amazing this show is. I'll see you all after we finish, laugh, and cry throughout this season. Still by far my favourite show on Netflix.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The direction in episode 11 was incredible.

Top Bottom