• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxer Floyd Mayweather called Conor McGregor a gay slur (the f one)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
https://sports.yahoo.com/floyd-mayweather-hits-conor-mcgregor-low-homophobic-slur-203128390.html

We should all be thankful that the circus that the Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor world tour has finally come to an end. But rather than go out with a bang, it ended with more controversy.

What started out as a relatively tame London conference in comparison to the previous stops was derailed with one poor judgement by Mayweather just a day after McGregor’s New York debacle.

Any sympathy that Floyd Mayweather may have gained after Conor McGregor’s poorly handled comments on race went right out the window when Mayweather decided to drop the bar even lower with an anti-gay slur aimed at his Aug. 26 opponent.

It was clear that Mayweather had run out of material as he recycled the same lines he delivered on his previous stops. With a raucous London audience shouting down Mayweather, the 49-0 boxer dug into his Gucci backpack and pulled out the worst possible insult.

“You punk, you fa****, you ho!” Mayweather barked.

If the bar had already been dropped to the ground on Thursday, Mayweather managed to find a way to get beneath it on Friday.

It was proof that this world tour had dragged on far too long and everyone was suffering from fatigue. The barbs were recycled over and over again to nausea. But, for McGregor, he at least had strength in numbers, as the London crowd was passionately behind the Irishman.

Can't wait until this is over. Hopefully they both knock each other out.

CHC

They should just never unlock the cage. Eventually the crowds disperse and the lights go down and they both realize that they're in there with each other forever.

I don't get these reaction threads. Turns out, if you beat the shit out of people for a living, you are predisposed to being an asshole. Who could have guessed.
Just realise they ain't role models and enjoy the spectacle.

entremet

I don't get these reaction threads. Turns out, if you beat the shit out of people for a living, you are predisposed to being an asshole. Who could have guessed.
Yeah. These threads are bizarre. They’re shitty people no doubt. Pretty much known, at least for Floyd. Rich shitty people lol.

What sucks is that "just enjoying the spectacle" gives these pieces of shit money.

border

They should just never unlock the cage. Eventually the crowds disperse and the lights go down and they both realize that they're in there with each other forever.

They are going to be in a cage? I thought this was a boxing match.

zelas

I get these reactions threads. They're like a Bat Signal calling posters to come spew ignorance.

Madness

Got nothing on the GOAT Iron Mike tbough...

"Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll fuck you in your ass you punk white boy. You faggot. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your asshole alive, you bitch. C'mon anybody in here can't fuck with this. This is the ultimate, man. Fuck you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll fuck you in the ass in front of everybody. You bitch.... come on, you bitch. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, bitch. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" 

kmfdmpig

Is this sarcasm? Of course they are. People are getting worked so hard.

Either they're racist and homophobic, which sucks or they're so callous that they're willing to say racist and homophobic things to rile people up and try to drum up additional interest.

Either way they're both trash, so it's not really much of a defense to say that they're working people.

phaonaut

I can think of a lot of fighters that are decent/good people. As far as the public knows anyway.

FTF

I can't decide who I want to get knocked out harder to be honest.

giphy.gif

Ratrat

Got nothing on the GOAT Iron Mike tbough...

"Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll fuck you in your ass you punk white boy. You faggot. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your asshole alive, you bitch. C'mon anybody in here can't fuck with this. This is the ultimate, man. Fuck you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll fuck you in the ass in front of everybody. You bitch.... come on, you bitch. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, bitch. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" 
Pretty gay to say you'd rim another guy. Its like Cartman putting Butters' balls in his mouth.

Professional male athlete turns out to be bigoted piece of garbage. Why am I not surprised? Could you take some time out of being "the bestest manly man ever to man" and learn to be a functional human being first? Cheers.

Yeah because damaging his long term brand to sell one last fight is exactly what Floyd would be doing if this were a work.

Wait. No. That would be fucking stupid.

Top Bottom