• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Ourobolus

Banned
Updated Claims:

zeemumu: Vanilla
Flame: Vanilla
Ouro: Miller
Splinter: Roleblocker
Milk: Vanilla
Fire:
Kawl:

BSB: Vanilla
Crab: Doctor
Zipped: Vanilla
Poltergust: Vanilla
KK: Some kind of cop
batsnacks: Doublevoter
nin1000: Vanilla

Gorlak: Scum Thunderdomer
Kalor: Scum Vanilla Cop

CCS: Neutral JOAT

7/17 Vanilla claims
5/17 Town PR claims

Ourobolus

Banned
Hey, that wasn't defensive. :/

Don't think I've been particularly defensive this game, but I will defend myself from Polter making completely ridiculous connections based on not understanding how a role would work or why it would be insane to have (like a vanilla cop that can also somehow check alignment).

Flame_AC

See. I'm reading here a two person scum team left between Splinter and Zeemumu. They've already averted today's lynch of either of them apparently.

T-N-S
4-1-2

Mislynch today:

3-1-2, nightkill
2-1-2

Neutral gets to decide winner.

Fireblend

Banned
See. I'm reading here a two person scum team left between Splinter and Zeemumu. They've already averted today's lynch of either of them apparently.

T-N-S
4-1-2

Mislynch today:

3-1-2, nightkill
2-1-2

I dunno how likely this is. It is true that they are both my biggest scum reads (well, before Splinter's roleclaim at least) and if they were against the wall and anticipating that one of them would be inevitably lynched today this is something they should do, but hmm. Not sure if it's likely enough that we should lynch Zeemumu just to check against that.

I hope Ouro is right and Splinter is the neutral :p that's what you're hinting at, right Ouro?

I do think that Splinter not providing a list of who he targeted on previous nights suspicious.

Flame_AC

I dunno how likely this is. It is true that they are both my biggest scum reads (well, before Splinter's roleclaim at least) and if they were against the wall and anticipating that one of them would be inevitably lynched today this is something they should do, but hmm. Not sure if it's likely enough that we should lynch Zeemumu just to check against that.

I hope Ouro is right and Splinter is the neutral :p that's what you're hinting at, right Ouro?

I do think that Splinter not providing a list of who he targeted on previous nights suspicious.

If Splinter is the neutral then claim. Splinter likely didn't provide a list because they don't have one, all they probably have is a few one/two shot abilities like CCS.

I'm not saying both are scum for sure, but the fact that no one else brought it up is making me nervous.

Fireblend

Banned
If Splinter is the neutral then claim. Splinter likely didn't provide a list because they don't have one, all they probably have is a few one/two shot abilities like CCS.

I'm not saying both are scum for sure, but the fact that no one else brought it up is making me nervous.
Both my posts and Ouro's had at least a bit of an "if he's telling the truth" disclaimer. I'm considering it but again, it requires that 2 scum are left, for both of them to be them and for me and most to have been reading them correctly as scum.

zeemumu

T-N-S
4-1-2

Mislynch today:

3-1-2, nightkill
2-1-2

Either he's scum and using me to buy himself time or we're both town.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't see a two man scum team at this point. That would mean we are at 4-2-1 right now which means we are in Lylo, basically.

For now I am assuming that splints is the neutral and zee is Town.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm only buying Splinter as neutral with a full claim and history of actions, same for anyone else claiming neutral.

Huh. This is quite the turn from yesterday's "neutral should come forward" statements.

The only way I'm not buying a neutral claim is if it gets counterclaimed.

Flame_AC

Huh. This is quite the turn from yesterday's "neutral should come forward" statements.

The only way I'm not buying a neutral claim is if it gets counterclaimed.

It's the exact same. Neutral should come forward, but bringing a little (lottle) proof will make everything easier for everyone involved, town/scum/neutral.

Ourobolus

Banned
Claims list:

Fire: Vanilla
Kawl: vanilla

9/17 Vanilla claims
5/17 Town PR claims

If we assume that Splinter is telling the truth and is at best a town roleblocker and at worst the neutral, then zeemumu should be cleared Town (if there is only one scum, which is my current assumption). I don't think Splinter would do some sort of gambit here, but who knows.

That leaves myself, Fire, Flame, Kawl, and Milk.

I'm still a Miller, so don't expect some sort of Phoenix Wright-style breakdown if you decide to mislynch me.

Fire...I've been agreeing with his reasoning a fair amount, so either he's doing a really good job being townie or he's likely Town.

Flame had the Thunderdome thing with Gorlak. Chances of him being scum are low, but definitely not zero.

That leaves Kawl and Milk, two players who basically just exist.

Thoughts? If we are at 5-1-1, we get one mislynch before LyLo (not MyLo since the neutral can cause a tie).

Ourobolus

Banned
Errr let me clarify
Mislynch today and scum NK:
3-1-1: LyLo, since a no lynch still makes it 2-1-1 the next day, and neutral can force a tie.

*Splinter

What part of "Beige alert" don't you people understand?

Yes I'm the neutral

My full list of night actions is as follows:

N6 or whatever: block zeemumu
other nights: @£#*CLASSIFIED#"*-FORNEUTRALEYESONLY#&£"+LOL#YOLO_:#'"!

Message to scum
If there is one of you, you need two more mislynches to win. If you kill me you'd need three mislynches, so don't do it, k? Sorry for clearing zeemumu, that's the last bit of PR help town will get from me, promise.
Oh and if there are two of you we win tomorrow, wouldn't that be great?
No idea who you are, but your kill priority should be something like zeemumu >>> Ouro > whoever isn't you or me.

Message to town
We have probably two chances to find the last scum. You can trust me to be honest, although not necessarily helpful, depends how I'm feeling. I don't have any more useful PR info for you, but feel free to waste the rest of the day asking for it if you don't want to win.
My money is on flame being scum. Thunderdome would have been a wild gambit but you have to consider the facts that 1) Gorlak was forced to use his power and 2) without a thunderdome flame would almost certainly have been lynched anyway, so from scum's POV it might have made sense for Gorlak to be able to claim responsibility at end game and he'd probably have won. This is actually a better explanation for Gorlak not wanting to claim straight away: he would have been "cleared" as town by flame's flip and his continued survival would eventually be suspicious.
Guess I was feeling helpful right now congratulations 👍
Don't fuck this up.
Or do, whatever.

Fireblend

Banned
OK, I buy it. I was right when I said maybe the neutral wasn't coming forward because his power was super useful to town, so go me. I'm going to say that scum are so at the brink of losing that you could tell us everything and still not be at risk because of how killing you would delay their win, but fine, Splinter, play it however you want. Plus you probably had some limited number of shots like CCS.

I don't know if I buy Flame as scum. The scum-only thunderdome gambit might indeed have been a thing. I guess I'll have to take it more seriously. I'm not even sure about Ouro either but he's brought up some good points like potentially having claimed miller on D1 without checking in with his team so I think I'll just trust him for the rest of the game. If it's between Kawl and Milk I'd probably vote for Milk first but that's because of inactivity so it'd be a very bad vote.

I wonder what to look for in a game where scum can't communicate during the day. Are they most likely to try and remain on the sidelines? Have a leader call the shots? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

DAY 7 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ourobolus (1)
Spoiled Milk 1769

No active vote for Day 7: *Splinter, Fireblend, Flame_AC, Kawl_USC, Ourobolus, zeemumu

Day 7 Postcount: *Splinter 6, Fireblend 9, Flame_AC 4, Kawl_USC 1, Ourobolus 15, Spoiled Milk 2, zeemumu 4

Day 7 ends:
pur_1498424400.png

Automated vote tally here

4 votes for majority

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm willing to vote Flame today just to remove that part from the equation. Besides, Kawl and Milk will just be a coin toss since neither has really done much.

Fireblend

Banned
For me it goes Milk -> Flame -> Kawl

I'm going to say I'd be ok with a Flame lynch though, for two reasons: I feel less sure about the possibility of the thunderdome having been a dual-scum gambit than I am about Kawl going after Gorlak when he claimed, I just don't think scum would have bused Gorlak at that point - the order in the votes there might be relevant though, I'm gonna double check.

Also, this is pure conjecture on my part, but if Splinter has blocked Milk or Kawl in the last couple of days, that could have informed his decision in naming Flame as his highest scum read.

Ourobolus

Banned
I never went back after Kalor flipped to see his connections. On D1 Flame was the first one the bring up the "how many scum are there" discussion...not sure why I discounted it at the time even though I went hard after Polter on it. Kalor also voted for Milk at the end in order to ensure there wasn't (or was?) a tie versus Flame.

Nin was an obvious lynch for D2 so I don't know if I can really examine the votes there but I'll go back and look

Flame_AC

Lynching me will lose town the game, no doubt in my mind about that.

Ouro, you're a better player than defaulting to lynching me. If you're of the idea that it is a coin flip (50/50) between Spoiled Milk and Kawl, why not lynch one today, then the other tomorrow. That gives you a guarantee of hitting both your prime targets.

Ourobolus

Banned
town:
5. [m] nin1000 - it's incredible. I want him dead. He pulled the same sort of stupid gambit like always. He doesn't provide insight, he's not helping. Yet all of these factors point to nin being town! It's a vicious cycle. All this crap, but his lynch would be nothing more than a policy option.
2. [m] *Splinter - I'm a bit frightened by how much I agree with Splinter's view. Of course one or two things I have a different opinion on, but all in all he seems like he's genuinely trying to sort this mess and figure out scum.

between:
6. [m] Ouro - He gets minus points for withholding his role name, there was no reason for this. But in general I think he's helping the game. The timing for the miller claim was understandable (especially when you know, he tends to get lynched early and (if true) ended up with this role now).
1. [m] Crab - As many have said, somewhat inactive yesterday. His insight is substantiated, but his fixiation with nin is odd (yeah, I'm the one to talk) - feels like there is another reason behind this, is there Crab?

Null:
3. [f] backslashbunny - gives off newbie vibes, wants to understand what's going on
4. [m] Kalor - very impersonal. comments on a few things here and there, but doesn't get involved.
9. [m] CCS - Same as yesterday, I don't feel anything.
12. [m] zeemumu - the slight suspicion from yesterday's vote stays in my mind, but today's posts feel okay.
13. [m] kingkitty - liked his d1, but today he's a bit weird

uneasy:
7. [m] Kawl_USC - Mr. "I've got huge balls and am a good player". Looks like he's back to explaining stuff similar to earlier games, the ghost of bats still triggers some bells within me, haven't seen much scumhunting from him.
10. [m] Zippedpinhead - his argumentation at the start of the day is suspicious. D1 I crowned him king of the strafers. The willingness to go straight back to Milk, a few odd comments, something feels off.
17. [m] Spoiled Milk - I'm waiting for an answer. He created a lot of discussion around himself and all he's done is trying to get Ourobolus lynched. Yesterday he got the benefit of doubt and I wanted to see where he's going to take this, but it doesn't look like it's going anywhere.
11. [m] Fireblend - he dropped his roleplay, which I liked, surely a scum tell. Real reason is the already mentioned ambivalence concerning his zipped read. His reads are missing reasons (there is only a very short explanation about crab, after someone asked you for it, but you didn't explain your other lynch candidates)

scum:
8. [m] Poltergust - Random lynch and unwillingness to commit to a vote that matters. Wondering about bats not using his power, implicitly inviting other PRs to come forward and "confirming" themselves early. Giving advice based off a wiki. It doesn't feel like he's acting natural and that he artificially creates his views.
14. [m] Flame_AC - The end of the day is a very damning fact. No matter how much he highlights not having seen bats vote, that doesn't even matter. He knowingly went into the last minutes that this could happen. That self-awareness post is another aspect. And today there is only self-defending (yeah yeah, one very brief interjection about nin), but in general he didn't contribute anything today or yesterday.

And let's look at this. Gorlak had Kalor as "null," and everyone that is still alive (except for myself and Splinter) is null or lean scum or scum.

Zee is cleared by Splinter, so everyone else was a "lean scum/scum" read by Gorlak. Time to look for some early bussing.

Fireblend

Banned
Lynching me will lose town the game, no doubt in my mind about that.

Ouro, you're a better player than defaulting to lynching me. If you're of the idea that it is a coin flip (50/50) between Spoiled Milk and Kawl, why not lynch one today, then the other tomorrow. That gives you a guarantee of hitting both your prime targets.

I feel like some of this is very oddly phrased. Sounds like you're ignoring me in your win/lose calculations - or do you agree with Ouro that I'm most likely town and better left out of the equation?

That post sounds more like you're trying to cut a deal with Ouro based on what he has said he thinks, rather than trying to win through what you actually believe.

Also, lynching you won't necessarily lose us the game. Why are you so sure that your mislynch would be lose us the game, but not mislynching Kawl or Milk? All of you have claimed the same, after all.

Flame_AC

I feel like some of this is very oddly phrased. Sounds like you're ignoring me in your win/lose calculations - or do you agree with Ouro that I'm most likely town and better left out of the equation?

That post sounds more like you're trying to cut a deal with Ouro based on what he has said he thinks, rather than trying to win through what you actually believe.

Also, lynching you won't necessarily lose us the game. Why are you so sure that your mislynch would be lose us the game, but not mislynching Kawl or Milk? All of you have claimed the same, after all.

I'm arguing Ouro's point with Ouro. I would put you in there over Spoiled Milk probably.

I know my role, so me dying today puts us in the mess tomorrow. Town will pick the wrong person out of two and then that'll be it.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm arguing Ouro's point with Ouro. I would put you in there over Spoiled Milk probably.

I know my role, so me dying today puts us in the mess tomorrow. Town will pick the wrong person out of two and then that'll be it.

Over Spoiled Milk? So you think if we lynch Milk and then Kawl, that's not a 100% guarantee that we'd win? I find it weird that you're arguing against your lynch by trying to pressure another player into a strategy you're not that confident of, just to save your own skin. Say we mislynch someone other than you today - then what? How are the net results any different for tomorrow? Will you suddenly have a revelation tomorrow and know who's scum?

What are your own, original content do not steal thoughts?

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm basically at the point where we have two chances to hit the last scum in Flame/Milk/Kawl. If Fire is the last scum...fuck he deserves it.

zeemumu

And splinter I had a question: before there was one scum left, had you decided to reveal yourself to aid town and help yourself win, what would have stopped the scum from lynching you as well since you were a town ally and it would've helped them move closer to the 50% of the vote goal anyway?

*Splinter

And splinter I had a question: before there was one scum left, had you decided to reveal yourself to aid town and help yourself win, what would have stopped the scum from lynching you as well since you were a town ally and it would've helped them move closer to the 50% of the vote goal anyway?
I assume you mean night kill instead of lynch?

Because I can vote with scum, I can potentially help them end the game a day earlier.

Suppose there are 4 players remaining, 2 town 1 neutral 1 scum. Neutral and scum can vote together to force a tie, then scum kills town in the night to win the game.

Now suppose scum had previously killed the neutral instead of town, there would be 3 town and 1 scum. Scum has to survive another lynch to win the game.

zeemumu

I assume you mean night kill instead of lynch?

Because I can vote with scum, I can potentially help them end the game a day earlier.

Suppose there are 4 players remaining, 2 town 1 neutral 1 scum. Neutral and scum can vote together to force a tie, then scum kills town in the night to win the game.

Now suppose scum had previously killed the neutral instead of town, there would be 3 town and 1 scum. Scum has to survive another lynch to win the game.

ah okay

Flame_AC

Over Spoiled Milk? So you think if we lynch Milk and then Kawl, that's not a 100% guarantee that we'd win? I find it weird that you're arguing against your lynch by trying to pressure another player into a strategy you're not that confident of, just to save your own skin. Say we mislynch someone other than you today - then what? How are the net results any different for tomorrow? Will you suddenly have a revelation tomorrow and know who's scum?

What are your own, original content do not steal thoughts?

It's you, Spoiled Milk, or Kawl. If we trust Splinter and the roleblock of zeemumu, it has to be one of those three (unless Ouro). The last scum could be Spoiled Milk, but again I question the likelihood of that. Consider this post right here:
Vote: spoiled milk

That post was made quite literally at the day end, so much so that it wasn't counted. In the situation, why would scum Kalor go ahead and vote their own teammate without some earlier bussing strategy which couldn't have been planned yet? All Kalor had to do was vote me instead and save their scum teammate. All those day end votes were a mess anyways, so the vote for me could have easily been justified. Now to me, this seems like pretty solid reasoning why Spoiled Milk is town, do y'all agree? I hadn't actually noticed this until I went back to the end of day 1 votes to see where people ended up after some role flips.

We get, at most, two days to do this lynch right. I think Spoiled Milk is town (probably). Leaves Kawl, Fireblend, myself, and Ouro as not having super good town cred.

I think my case for townhood has been made several times already. So that gives you Kawl, Fireblend, and miller Ouro.

The best thing Ouro has said all game is that he wouldn't have claimed miller as scum on Day 1 without talking to his teammates and especially not once they knew about Gorlak's role. So I'd pick Kawl/Fireblend lynch to win over the next 2 days.

Fireblend

Banned
That's... Actually a good point about Milk, Flame. Thanks! That makes me a bit more sure about wanting to vote you, but it does make me reconsider my read of Kawl more too.

But then again, this post makes me feel good about Kawl:

Seriously?

Forces a thunder dome or is mod killed.

Lied about his role.

Completely disappears when confronted with that fact. (Yes I'm sorry real life became very busy, I can relate, but it's still not a great look)

Vote: gorlak

Also that kalor post is ringing all kinds of bells to me.

CCs/gorlak/kalor team?
Not only votes for Gorlak, but also names Kalor as scum. If it's a scum play, it's a ballsy one.

Thoughts?

Flame_AC

That's... Actually a good point about Milk, Flame. Thanks! That makes me a bit more sure about wanting to vote you, but it does make me reconsider my read of Kawl more too.

Not only votes for Gorlak, but also names Kalor as scum. If it's a scum play, it's a ballsy one.

Thoughts?

I knew my post would help you out. Would scum me do that? I think Kawl is willing enough to play a more solo-oriented scum. I'm sure the discussion during the previous night was that Kawl would play town-oriented and that he'd go after Gorlak if his case looked weak, which it did. The mention of Kalor is nice and all, but scum hitting other scum isn't that big of a deal. It'd almost be worse if Kawl let Kalor slide in all that. Fastforward to the start of the next day and here you come with your prepared post:
I have a prepared post for once!

There's got to be scum between these votes. Not sure what to think of Splinter's vote which was also post-Gorlak claim to be honest, at least that wasn't so rooted in total nonsense. If it wasn't because CCS has an even more damning post (other than claiming neutral role-cop survivor):

Also, sometimes it's ok to turbo. Let's get this day done with. For the record:

Town:
Flame_AC - What are the odds Gorlak used their power to pit themselves against... themselves? Pretty unlikely, specially considering Flame was widely scum-read. They probably thought his lynch was pretty much guaranteed.
kingkitty
Kawl_USC - Only other person making sense at day's end yesterday.

Leaning Town: Mostly because they voted for Gorlak at the right time.
Crab
zeemumu

Not sure what to think:
Ouro - Why unvote after Gorlak's claim? Other than that this is mostly me being wary of someone who I think otherwise has been playing well, to be honest.
Spoiled Milk - Felt like a non-entity yesterday, various obvious statements and random shade at flame.

Leaning Scum:
backslashbunny
Poltergust
*Splinter - Voted for flame after Gorlak claimed nonsense.

Scum red flags: (no need to explain, read my argument above)
Zippedpinhead
Kalor
CCS

I'm wondering what's made you change your mind so drastically, from the top town candidate to the number one(two?) scum?

I agree Milk is probably town. I'd want to get Flame and Kawl.

it's still a crapshoot.

Why not Fireblend?

Claims list:

Fire: Vanilla
Kawl: vanilla

9/17 Vanilla claims
5/17 Town PR claims

If we assume that Splinter is telling the truth and is at best a town roleblocker and at worst the neutral, then zeemumu should be cleared Town (if there is only one scum, which is my current assumption). I don't think Splinter would do some sort of gambit here, but who knows.

That leaves myself, Fire, Flame, Kawl, and Milk.

I'm still a Miller, so don't expect some sort of Phoenix Wright-style breakdown if you decide to mislynch me.

Fire...I've been agreeing with his reasoning a fair amount, so either he's doing a really good job being townie or he's likely Town.

Flame had the Thunderdome thing with Gorlak. Chances of him being scum are low, but definitely not zero.

That leaves Kawl and Milk, two players who basically just exist.

Thoughts? If we are at 5-1-1, we get one mislynch before LyLo (not MyLo since the neutral can cause a tie).
I like this post and agree regarding zeemumu and Splinter, but I don't want to assume Splinter is telling the truth.

Also, between me and Kawl, I vote for Kawl. :p

Flame_AC

Me Voters:
Spoiled Milk - Town
Gorlak - Scum
backslashbunny
Poltergust
*Splinter - Claimed neutral.
Kalor - Scum

Gorlak Voters:
Crab
CCS - Neutral Remain Voter
Flame_AC - Town
zeemumu - Verifiable Town
KingKitty
Kawl_USC
Fireblend
Zippedpinhead

We've got my post above explaining why Spoiled Milk is town. That's the end of the list of unknown Me voters. Looks to me like you've got Kawl and Fireblend all alone, sitting on the end of the thunderdome trying to look townie by lynching their teammate. One way or another, the scum member bussed Gorlak, was it Kawl who threw shade at Kalor as well, or Fireblend who had to come in on the next day and try and look good?

Top Bottom