• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Fireblend

Banned
I knew my post would help you out. Would scum me do that? I think Kawl is willing enough to play a more solo-oriented scum. I'm sure the discussion during the previous night was that Kawl would play town-oriented and that he'd go after Gorlak if his case looked weak, which it did. The mention of Kalor is nice and all, but scum hitting other scum isn't that big of a deal. It'd almost be worse if Kawl let Kalor slide in all that. Fastforward to the start of the next day and here you come with your prepared post:

I'm wondering what's made you change your mind so drastically, from the top town candidate to the number one(two?) scum?
Well I'm more than willing to concede to being wrong and having to consider alternative theories - I don't think I've ever been as transparent about where my thoughts have been as in this game. You don't even have to go that far back to find instances of where I town read both you and Kawl and called CCS, Zeemumu and Splinter scummy as hell.

But obviously we're in a day where CCS is dead and Splinter and Zeemumu pretty damn close to being cleared, making the game not as easy to read as I thought and forcing me to consider the more complex scenarios. I'm pretty sure you can see how my views of every player - Ouro, Kawl and yourself (maybe not so much with Milk since they haven't been very active) have shifted by just reading through my posts.

I think it's interesting that you say that Milk's post pretty much clears him but don't think Kawl correctly calling 2/3s of the scum team is equally town-looking. Not that I'm defending him or pretending to make it seem as clear cut as you seem to be trying to make Milk's alignment look. Kawl might as well have bussed 2 of his teammates, but what I'm trying to say is that it's still a 3-way coin flip for me.

I do think it's good that you're trying to narrow down suspects now though. I would expect scum to push (erroneous) theories from others rather than offer thoughts helping narrow down lynch candidates.

Flame_AC

Why is Fire scum?

I'll give you a better post in a little bit, but to put it easily:

It's not me. It's not likely to be Spoiled Milk. --> Kawl vs Fireblend. Kawl lashed out at various members of the scum team and helped turn the tide of the vote away from me in the thunderdome. Fireblend came in after that and just jumped on the Gorlak bandwagon after he saw Kalor get called out for the super scummy vote. Seems to me like they knew it was a bad idea to vote stuff scum to save Gorlak once Kalor had already been called out and so Fireblend hoped their vote would buy them some time.

Fireblend

Banned
I've been 100% transparent this whole game by always saying what I'm thinking and where everyone stands for me, helped vote for 2 scum players and rushed to turbo the neutral who was threatening to give the town doctor's name. If those aren't good enough hints about my alignment, I might as well give up on ever winning this game through anything other than sheer luck.

Anyway. I wish I was as sure as Flame about Milk not being scum, if he's scum that sure is an easy read to make tho. It simplifies things and lures him to your side. On the other hand, if flame really is town and just barking up the wrong tree, maybe town does deserves to lose to Milk's superior true-and-tested inactivity meta :p

Ourobolus

Banned
I've been 100% transparent this whole game by always saying what I'm thinking and where everyone stands for me, helped vote for 2 scum players and rushed to turbo the neutral who was threatening to give the town doctor's name. If those aren't good enough hints about my alignment, I might as well give up on ever winning this game through anything other than sheer luck.

Anyway. I wish I was as sure as Flame about Milk not being scum, if he's scum that sure is an easy read to make tho. It simplifies things and lures him to your side. On the other hand, if flame really is town and just barking up the wrong tree, maybe town does deserves to lose to Milk's superior true-and-tested inactivity meta :p
What are your thoughts on Kawl vs Milk

Flame_AC

I mean, it's possible Spoiled Milk is scum, but I feel like that's something that should be considered on the next day.

Fireblend

Banned
If you'd asked me a couple days ago I would've voted Milk without a doubt. He voted for Flame in the thunderdome though I have no idea how much more if anything he saw of that day after that super early vote. Other than that he's been a null read for me all game.

Kawl on the other hand I always saw as someone who came in not very frequently, but I found his statements agreeable. He convinced me of voting for Gorlak after I read that post of his I quoted above. And the thunderdome was so close, I was convinced the entire scum team was on frame's column for sure.

I don't know how I'd factor in Flame's observation on Milk. I don't know if it's as clear cut an alignment indicator as Flame seems to think it is.

I feel like writing this has informed me a bit about my own leanings. I guess I do still have a more positive read on Kawl than Milk does. Also I feel like my back and forth with Flame today has obscured my thoughts a bit but if Milk was as aggressive about posting today as flame has been I'd maybe be pushing harder against them.

Flame_AC

Random conspiracy: Splinter is the last scum and zeemumu is the neutral. Given zeemumu's hesitance to support the neutral coming forward already made me feel like they could be the neutral. Splinter went for the win/hoping the neutral would go along with scum. Splinter claims they blocked zeemumu, both get cleared for today and tomorrow and they both win.

I dunno.

Also, Fireblend. I feel like your statement on Kawl could have come from anyone in the game from anytime after thunderdome day, I feel like there's nothing really 'new' there. Also also, it's day 7 and to say that you still have a null read on someone is crazy. Surely there's something you can think of? I was trying to think a little harder about Spoiled Milk and I found that super telling Kalor vote/post.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't think I've intended for anything of what I've said today to be new, specially about Kawl. Yes, that could've been said by anyone after thunderdome day. Namely me. Who did just that :p

Ourobolus

Banned
Scum already has a vanilla cop. I cannot imagine a game where they are able to tell who the neutral is in addition to that, and no one has counterclaimed Splinter.

zeemumu

Do you think what we're doing right now is town on town violence?

tumblr_neixwhokmJ1twc22ho1_500.gif

Flame_AC

Scum already has a vanilla cop. I cannot imagine a game where they are able to tell who the neutral is in addition to that, and no one has counterclaimed Splinter.

Vanilla cop could have gotten some info on Splinter? The whole conspiracy revolves around zeemumu not counterclaiming a neutral claim. It's a wild idea, but who knows.

Ourobolus

Banned
Guys that one post from Flame just now pretty much solidified my vote. If you wanna hop on and it is wrong we can figure it out tomorrow

Flame_AC

How would scum Splinter know that zee is neutral
Vanilla cop could have gotten some info on Splinter? The whole conspiracy revolves around zeemumu not counterclaiming a neutral claim. It's a wild idea, but who knows.

This is all random speculation and just an idea I wanted to put out there. If at the end of the game it somehow is true I'll get to be happy, otherwise I'll hope town won.

So why is it being discussed. By you

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Come on now, I was responding to you asking a question about it.

Guys that one post from Flame just now pretty much solidified my vote. If you wanna hop on and it is wrong we can figure it out tomorrow

This is the worst post you've made all game, advocating to just pile the votes on and end the day. You don't get the luxury of having today go wrong and tomorrow you can do your coin flip between Kawl/Fireblend/Spoiled Milk, that's just asking to lose.

Fireblend

Banned
Do you think what we're doing right now is town on town violence?
I'll say I think our back and forth has placed us on antagonistic positions but I'm still very much considering other possibilities.

First of all, you're trying to narrow down the suspect list. Why would scum flame attempt to clear Milk? One last gambit? Sure sure, wifom and all that, it still rings townie to me. If you're scum, that's 100% getting cocky about your chances.

Second, the dual thunderdome narrative is attractive, it makes me feel that we might lose because of a good play rather than just whoever scum is staying on the sidelines. You being antagonistic to me today has made me reconsider it, but it's ultimately not alignment indicative, and if I was lynched today I'd urge the rest of town not to read too much into that tunneling.

Ourobolus

Banned
This is all random speculation and just an idea I wanted to put out there. If at the end of the game it somehow is true I'll get to be happy, otherwise I'll hope town won.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Come on now, I was responding to you asking a question about it.

This is the worst post you've made all game, advocating to just pile the votes on and end the day. You don't get the luxury of having today go wrong and tomorrow you can do your coin flip between Kawl/Fireblend/Spoiled Milk, that's just asking to lose.
Your first point is total speculation. How would scum know about a neutral with a vanilla cop? Scum normally wont get an alignment cop because it's largely useless. Doesn't make sense.

Second point: I responded to you.

Third. Yes I am aware. I am narrowing my list by thinking that Fire is Town.

Flame_AC

I'd go Milk > Flame > Kawl

Splinter could help us win this.

This I don't get. You have an admitted null read on Spoiled Milk, why should they be lynched before me or Kawl. I mean, lynch me if you think that'll win you/Ouro and the rest of town the game, but don't put Spoiled Milk first just because we've been going back and forth. Kawl should be up in that too but...

Ourobolus

Banned
To clarify, this is what you said. Kalor could not have known that Splinter is neutral, only a PR, and Splinter is still alive to boot.

Flame_AC

Your first point is total speculation. How would scum know about a neutral with a vanilla cop? Scum normally wont get an alignment cop because it's largely useless. Doesn't make sense.

Second point: I responded to you.

Third. Yes I am aware. I am narrowing my list by thinking that Fire is Town.

I'll drop it after this (unless you try and lynch me for it some how). I'm just trying to put some of my thoughts out there on what could be going on, sure it might not make the most sense, but maybe someone else takes a kernel of that idea and runs with it and it helps us. I'm playing for that.

So, just to be clear Ouro. You think the last scum is one of Spoiled Milk/myself?

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll drop it after this (unless you try and lynch me for it some how). I'm just trying to put some of my thoughts out there on what could be going on, sure it might not make the most sense, but maybe someone else takes a kernel of that idea and runs with it and it helps us. I'm playing for that.

So, just to be clear Ouro. You think the last scum is one of Spoiled Milk/myself?
No I think it is Kawl or you.

I recognize I'm a fairly good option. My recalcitrance has partly been because I'm utterly overwhelmed by the task of discerning intentions from posting style. Kalor and CCS were sort of really obvious. Gorlak was obvious a lot of people but me. But we're out of obvious people and I just have no idea. I don't know. The reasons already listed above about people not wanting to bus on day 1 is about the most reliable evidence I think.

Flame_AC

I recognize I'm a fairly good option. My recalcitrance has partly been because I'm utterly overwhelmed by the task of discerning intentions from posting style. Kalor and CCS were sort of really obvious. Gorlak was obvious a lot of people but me. But we're out of obvious people and I just have no idea. I don't know. The reasons already listed above about people not wanting to bus on day 1 is about the most reliable evidence I think.

I mean, for our disagreements, Ouro and I think you are town.

That's not true. I'm a good choice. I lied on Day 1 and haven't posted much at all to avoid suspicion.

But you shouldn't lynch me because we're close to LyLo.

Flame_AC

That's not true. I'm a good choice. I lied on Day 1 and haven't posted much at all to avoid suspicion.

But you shouldn't lynch me because we're close to LyLo.

Things like this make me more confident your town.

Can you give me like 1/2 sentences why I'm more likely to be scum than someone else (Fireblend/Kawl specifically)?

Ourobolus

Banned
These are a lot of words I know you don't know

Flame_AC

Said the guy voting Milk, who hinted at some kind of role. This is odd.

Moreover I agree with crab that scum are more likely to abstain from gambits and usually would not come forward with these sorta things D1. So I don't see the case against Milk.

CCS and Flame were early votes.
Kawl votes because "gafia wastes time on this all day, everyday"
Zeemumu wants more info.
Ouro wants to save his arse?

All in all Flame and Zeemumu leave the worst impression.
So here I am, going through good ol' Day 1, and I wasn't seeing too much. I briefly called out Kalor over their promoting a lynch of a potential PR, but other than that I was gone for the day up to this point. For those who don't remember, there were vote trains on Spoiled Milk and Ouro at this point, but the Ouro train was starting to collapse cause no one actually thought that was a good idea. The Spoiled Milk train was still going on though and likely would have been the end of day 1 until scum Gorlak had other ideas.
I get the strongest scum vibe from Flame at the moment:
Vote: Flame_AC
Next up would be Zeemumu. Zipped gets a special mention for doing nothing in particular, best flying under the radar performance as of now. Nin would be my policy lynch option, but we never do those...
Here's Gorlak's vote on me. He also mentions zeemumu as 2nd scum.
The very quote at the start of my post. He (Flame_AC) calls out Kalor, while still having his vote at Milk (arguably the same situation he calls out). This is also the only real post we have seen from him this far. Everything else was blabla and non-contributing.
Look at this bold defensiveness. The reason for his vote is because I called out Kalor for poor Day 1 play, while doing it myself of course (busy). What's the point of specifically mentioning my callout of Kalor as contributing to the reason to vote? At the very least, here we are, early Day 1 and we have a direct link between Gorlak/Kalor.

In response to Gorlak's vote, Fireblend said it wasn't enough to go on and to save it for later basically.

I'm still reading through posts for Day 1, but Gorlak got the ball rolling on my attempted lynch.

Flame_AC

You're right, Gorlak got the ball rolling.

But look at his reads list on D2. Everyone still alive (now) is Null or less

Someone earlier, don't recall who currently, said that scum had been very careful not to attack one another, here Gorlak is attacking dear ol' me.

I'm working my way there in regards to their list.

Top Bottom