• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulls kill seven at Spain summer festivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is no different to me than the dude in Florida that got drunk and eaten by a gator. Strip away the tradition and running with Bulls is some Darwin-award level shit.

Siegcram

It's a dangerous sport I guess is his point.
Well, there are slightly higher requirements to get behind the wheel of a race car than "be over 18 and not wasted", so the analogy doesn't exactly hold much water.

Not that I would call this exercise in stupidity a "sport" to begin with.

I do not celebrate the loss of both human and animals dying but there's a fine line between what is tradition, and just being too stubborn to change and realize that what you are doing is animal cruelty.

The people who died knew what they were doing and that it has its consequences. Sucks for the families, but your ancient tradition that you hold so dearly cost you the life of your precious sons.

Tigress

Would you if it was a close friend of yours?

I would. But in that case I already care about them (though I'm still going to think they are stupid and upset they participated in a cruel event like that). Some random stranger that did something stupid? Sorry, don't know you, you did something that made it likely of your own volition, worse you did it in a practice that was cruel to other animals, I have better things to care about (like the people who are human traffic, the people suffering living in cartel areas, there is a lot of misery in the world of innocent people who aren't torturing animals for their jollies and are just unfortunate victims of circumstance).

Do any of you guys also celebrate when racecar drivers die?

What a truly excellent and insightful point you make. People need to stop ignoring the plight of the innocent puppies which racecar drivers cruelly toss onto the track behind them to slow down their rivals.

After Nature

Neo Member
Sad to hear people got killed, but it was inevitable.
That is some fucked up traditions. And that bull fighting shit needs to stop.

Pila

I'm sorry that people died. Let's hope these tragedies push local govt to end this madness. Ban this shit.

Two Words

The lack of sympathy for the dead here is fucking ridiculous. It shouldn't take much thought to realize that if you are born in raised in that kind of culture, things like bull fighting and the whole running of the Bulls thing is rather normalized for you. The same way how some countries don't care about killing cats and dogs while we do. You can oppose their actions without thinking their deaths are deserved. I'm sure all of you who have no sympathy or think they deserved to die live a lifestyle that causes many, many animals to die and could be avoided more if you changed the way you live.

As a spaniard, I hope this gets banned, both bullfigthing, running with bulls, and many other horrible "tradition" with animals like rope pulling from bulls, or running with horns-on-fire bulls...or even the infamous ( and thanksfully, much less common) throwing a goat from the town's bell tower...

I don't like people dying on this, but cruelty must be stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom