• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

For people with download codes in the US, i redeemed my code yesterday and it didn't show up on my download list. I got a message from PSN today saying early access is available and it took me straight to download. It's downloading now.

Also, Pipeline not being available until December is straight up bullshit.

OldMuffin

Aussies that got the boxed copy... did you'll manage to download it yet? I see it on psn, but it says I need a token (which I already redeemed), so confused.

alexbull_uk

How in sams hell do you get under 15.1? I've gotten 16.1 and can't see where I could shave off time.

Start throwing your flashbangs waaaay earlier.

I got 14.5s after about 15 mins of trying and it was only when I started throwing the flashbangs early that I got anywhere close.

I've only just started playing so screens are from the intro.

y3mmknUvWRRuE0Bx7z-KqX94imJaEhU847nChGqBtyBnyaQJmeWkmEZBNzQxDR-nKnm9VRSO2Kdq8WGuoqeTwFHnceQDTkx4aqIjkggqnN2m7LeXJST_2x5_ix_ZQNOPc2gQ5uN0Lg98qh6HqXUX7QuXC-an79UgdH5O_IqVdQ4fQg

Bizzquik

Until November 4th, I feel like the thread title should have an asterisk.
Return of the King*

A CoD launching without multiplayer isn't really a CoD launch.

joebruin

I was able to download it using my code from best buy. Used the mobile site and went to my available downloads, told it to install.

hmm...still can't find it on the store on web and mobile or my downloads/purchases. did get a notification on my ps app regarding accessing the download from my ps4 though. bummer guess i can't start the download myself without being on the console (unless it does it itself)

J_Viper

Man I was so looking forward to revisiting this, but I played through the first mission, and it felt...boring. The enemy AI really isn't any fun to shoot at, getting shoved out of cover by friendly AI is something I forgot even happened in shooters, and the guns don't have much bite to them.

Maybe I'm just tired.

Nice job by Raven on the remaster though.

Kuno

Has anyone gotten HDR working? Some posts earlier in the thread say it's supported, but I didn't see my tv (Samsung KS8000) switch to HDR mode while I was playing.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hot damn. Played a few missions, fantastic remaster thus far. Can't wait for the Pro Patch.

joebruin

So Best Buy codes are now able to access it instead of tomorrow?

apparently. i got an notification on my ps4 (saw it in the ps mobile app) telling me i can download it. at least through my console? i haven't been able to find it on the store or by using any of the links provided.

Kapow

I stopped playing Call of Duty a long time ago and my god I forgot how smooth these games play. I think I was starting to get used to the jankyness of Battlefield but I'm so hyped now for next month now.

Vic_Viper

How big is the download for the Early Access? And after IW releases will I have to redownload MW or is it already on the disc?

How big is the download for the Early Access? And after IW releases will I have to redownload MW or is it already on the disc?
40GB total of which you can play once 10GB is downloaded.

Yes, you will have to re-download MW:R once IW launches, in which the IW disc will then be required to play MW:R

Dubz

So I preordered but I don't see where to download the campaign?

EDIT: figured it out. I just searched for call of duty in the store and picked MW Remastered and it took me to download page.

Game was a genre changing masterpiece when it came out. I can't justify spending $80 for it, but I hope it's still as fun as it was back then for all of you. Enjoy!

Kalentan

Game was a genre changing masterpiece when it came out. I can't justify spending $80 for it, but I hope it's still as fun as it was back then for all of you. Enjoy!

To be fair, I'd like to imagine that most people who kept their pre-orders and playing now aren't just buying it for MWR but also to try out IW.

Vic_Viper

40GB total of which you can play once 10GB is downloaded.

Yes, you will have to re-download MW:R once IW launches, in which the IW disc will then be required to play MW:R

WTF? You have to download it twice!? Looks like I'll be waiting if that's really the case. Between GoW 75 gigs and then MW 40 gigs (x2) my isp is going to be capped for sure this month.

To be fair, I'd like to imagine that most people who kept their pre-orders and playing now aren't just buying it for MWR but also to try out IW.
Oh yea, I hope they do too. And I hope it's great. I personally haven't enjoyed a CoD since MW2 though and hate the direction they've taken the games. So I have no interest in IW unfortunately :/

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Has anyone gotten HDR working? Some posts earlier in the thread say it's supported, but I didn't see my tv (Samsung KS8000) switch to HDR mode while I was playing.
I'm 99% sure the game does not have HDR. Maybe the final version will.

Kalentan

WTF? You have to download it twice!? Looks like I'll be waiting if that's really the case. Between GoW 75 gigs and then MW 40 gigs (x2) my isp is going to be capped for sure this month.

Well you can delete the early access version of MWR once you're done.

Vic_Viper

Looks like GameStop emailed me my code about an hour ago. Check in your junk jic. Wasn't expecting them to email it to me, just randomly checked just now and noticed it.

Well you can delete the early access version of MWR once you're done.

The space isn't the problem lol. It's having to download the same thing twice for no reason. At the least it should just be an update or come on the disk.

Bestbuy people should have gotten the codes by now, I would give them a call or online chat.

Game is looking nuts by the way. This is what I call a fucking remaster.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The controller sound is kind of jarring. I like it in most games but I was immediately offput when I reloaded for the first time.

Dubz

This game is really a lot of fun. Brings back memories of playing the original 9 years ago. Bring on the MP.

OldMuffin

So redeemed the code yesterday, the game shows up in the store, but it says it requires the code... that I already used? What?

Top Bottom