• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian General Election (OT) - #elxn42: October 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
it's creepy when they reply to the camera instead of replying directly to other candidate that challenged them

meh I feel it is a tad more personal and not only are they rebuttaling but they are speaking to Canadians by looking at the camera

I love how Harper says now isn't the time to spend more, but his only proposal so far is to bring back a home reno tax credit that would hurt the budget.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I love how Harper says now isn't the time to spend more, but his only proposal so far is to bring back a home reno tax credit that would hurt the budget.

isnt that the one he said he would do like 4-6 years ago as well, and only brought it up now because of the election much like parents with children getting more childcare money

RevoDS

Elizabeth May looks kinda lost here. I don't think putting her in the debate was doing her any favors, she has no business being there and it shows.

Elizabeth May looks kinda lost here. I don't think putting her in the debate was doing her any favors, she has no business being there and it shows.

I disagree. I think she's performed well so far. I really like how she looks at Wells directly, rather than the camera.

Mulcair trying to look happy is really weirding me out.

what is sad is that Trudeau should be the one bringing up the deficits since the Liberals ran surpluses 10 years ago

He did? It was in his first response to Harper.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I disagree. I think she's performed well so far. I really like how she looks at Wells directly, rather than the camera.

Mulcair trying to look happy is really weirding me out.
I feel like he's trying to come off as nurturing. It kinda sorta works, but also a bit awkward.

Really loving May so far. I think Trudeau is going after Mulcair too much, sounds cat fight-y. Mulcair and Harper need to stop smiling. Other than the smiling, they're not very inspiring or truthful

Really loving May so far. I think Trudeau is going after Mulcair too much, sounds cat fight-y. Mulcair and Harper need to stop smiling. Other than the smiling, they're not very inspiring or truthful

I think he's trying to bait Mulcair into snapping.

Also, people want feisty in a debate. I don't think it hurts him to be a bit chippy.

Silexx

(Again) I hate it so it, but I kinda wish someone would challenge Trudeau on who exactly he considers the 'middle class' to be.

Silexx

Dan Gardner ‏@dgardner 26s27 seconds ago

The G7 comparison class is (often) deeply misleading. (True fact: Canada is in the G7 only because it suited US political interests.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom