• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coke Zero Is Dead. Long Live 'Coca-Cola No Sugar'

sensui-tomo

as long as they still make dr pepper 10 i'm fine (i dont like dr pepper regular , kinda like diet dr pepper but dr pepper 10 has the right mix) .....

Speaking of Coke, anyone got a craving for Vault? (that surge like drink)

What marketing genius came up with that name?

The name had a slow start in focus group testing, but we feel it will come on strong.

l3kYm.gif

Ughh hopefully this fails down under so they give up on this.

Preferred diet and then they changed it so it tastes like zero. If they now remove zero then I will just switch to pepsi max. Been drinking zero and diet for so long the regular coke just tastes wrong.

I can't have too much caffeine because of a heart defect, so I always drank caffeine free Coke, and recently switched to caffeine free Coke zero to cut back on my sugar intake. Now what do I do? :/

Damn, I love Coke Zero. That's really annoying that they're cancelling it. Hopefully this No Sugar Coke tastes good enough.

They do, it's either called Coca Cola Life or Coke with Stevia. It's actually not that bad, but it takes a while to get used to.

Oh, right, the green label. Yeah, that was even better! But I didn't want even the 60 calories. I guess Coke Zero was always aspartame as well. Why change the formula? I read that Coke Zero was the diet version of Coke Classic formula and Diet Coke was the no-calorie New Coke. I remember the New Coke debacle. I visited my grandmother that summer and she had the basement filled with real Cokes in those little glass bottles!

Piichan

Banned
I'm all for Coca Cola experimenting. They launched Coca Cola Plus not too long ago here. Tastes like Zero, but has the added benefit of further breaking down the fat of whatever you are eating while you drink it.

Curious about what No Sugar tastes like.

linkboy

Oh, right, the green label. Yeah, that was even better! But I didn't want even the 60 calories. I guess Coke Zero was always aspartame as well. Why change the formula? I read that Coke Zero was the diet version of Coke Classic formula and Diet Coke was the no-calorie New Coke. I remember the New Coke debacle. I visited my grandmother that summer and she had the basement filled with real Cokes in those little glass bottles!

Diet Coke is a totally different formula. New Coke was essentially Diet Coke, but with HFCS added .

Coke Zero was supposed to taste like regular coke (which regular coke doesn't even taste right due to the switch to HFCS from sugar). However, it doesn't.

Most of these companies could cut the sugar content to like 5-10 grams of sugar and most people would have no idea.

Some Mt. Dew offshoots like Green Label are considerably less sugar then a 12oz can of Mt. Dew and the geen label cans are 16oz.

Ocaso

No way this isn't a marketing stunt meant to create outrage along with awareness of the new product. Coke Zero is amazing and better than regular Coke. If they actually discontinue it...

Tagyhag

I didn't like Coke Zero, but I'd definitely try a new version. Nothing beats cane sugar Coke though.

lol. I loved the belching when I used to drink diet coke. It felt good. I don't drink soda anymore because it was having a bad health affect on me. But boy do I miss it.

Drink sparkling water, same good belching.

Chris R

maybe if you have no tastebuds, they taste very different

They are different, but it's close enough.

Diet Coke is shit, same with Diet Dr. Pepper.

Wish more places had Dr. Pepper 10 around since that tastes almost exactly the same as regular Dr. Pepper and has only 10 calories per can :(

Top Bottom