• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Lourio

Not bad.

Not-bad-GIF.gif

Have you guy gotten any Santorini games in?

MayMay

Banned
Oh yea good fucking job Quiche abandoning while we're winning 12-8 because you got knifed

Great fucking job. Awesome. Honestly.

How the fuck can someone tilt while we're winning, who the hell knows.

Edit: Phew! Managed to tie the game, that was way too much work. Fuck. Even won a round with 2 bots because Ludono crashed and was gone for 2 lol

Clydefrog

Shit's Tain, Petepod the Mirelurk, oodeeay and any other Jagasses: let's CS tonight. I'm in.

Hope that presentation on cat ownership went well, udiie.

You missed out on a hilariously good time last night. We might have lost, but shit was fun.

I'll sacrifice my liver for good times again if need be. That or just re-watch another of Steven Seagal's films art again.

Edit: Sorry Derric, but its not our fault Mr. Manager had you polish all of the propellers til late last night. YOUR PROBLEMS AREN'T OURS OK?

frbrr

Nice to see mlg get a major, hopefully the crowd shows up even though there will be no big name talent like machine, pansy, deman and the borg cube.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm in the most painful game ever. I enter and its 1v1. Our team starts a kick because our guy went the wrong way. Gets up to 5 votes and someone starts playing the Titanic Song. LOL

https://twitter.com/JasonBWLake/status/667481347955408897

Looks like the cat's outta the bag.. Richard Lewis.. always setting cats free.. lol

he said this earlier

https://us.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3r3673/it_doesnt_feel_like_a_major/cwl76pw

USA will have a major before my next birthday. ;)

Nice to see mlg get a major, hopefully the crowd shows up even though there will be no big name talent like machine, pansy, deman and the borg cube.

I don't think I'm familiar with anyone from MLG. Can we expect some familiar faces or they have their own crew?

Also, no Katowice major then. There will still be a $250k tourney, just won't be a major.

tootsi666

US Major. EET-timezone thanks

Edit. MLG will hire external talent. Hopefully "other broadcasting platforms" include twitch so we can have Anders and Semmler there.

RobNBanks

Banned
NEW YORK – November 20, 2015 – Major League Gaming (MLG) today announced the MLG Counter-Strike:Global Offensive Major Championship: Columbus to be held at the MLG Arena and Nationwide Arena from March 29 – April 3, 2016 with a $250,000 prize pool.

The first-ever Major to be held in North America will kick off Tuesday, March 29 at the MLG Arena with 16 of the best Counter-Strike: Global Offensive teams from around the world battling it out over 3 days in front of a live audience for the Group Stage Matches and Quarterfinals. In addition to the live event, fans will also be able to attend a one-of-a-kind viewing party hosted by MLG in the nearby Arena District.

On April 2, the action will shift to the state-of-the-art Nationwide Arena, home of the National Hockey League’s Columbus Blue Jackets. Over 2 days, the remaining teams will compete in front of thousands of fans during the Semifinals on Saturday, with the Grand Finals and All-Star Match taking place on Sunday.

“For our first CS:GO event we brought the competition to the Aspen X Games,” said Adam Apicella, MLG. “We wanted to bring the game back to North American fans in a big way, and hosting a Major in front of thousands of spectators at Nationwide Arena is an exciting way to do that.”

The CS:GO competitive scene has dominated the eSports landscape in 2015, with over 8.6 million unique players logging on to play last month and record-setting attendance and viewership at live events throughout the year. The upcoming Major, the first-ever in North America, will provide an opportunity for thousands of fans to celebrate their favorite players. The Major event will also be streamed live to millions of fans at home on multiple streaming platforms, featuring commentary and analysis from the top talent in the CS:GO community.

Tickets will go on sale through Ticketmaster on December 3, 2015.

1. Figured it would be in Columbus. That was always their go-to location
2. Multiple streaming platforms. Knew that was coming, Valve wouldn't have been happy with 50k viewers for a major*

* = except Dota. Laughable viewership is ok for a game with 3 million united states dollar major tournament.

RobNBanks

Banned
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/11/13096/

From the three 2015 Major Championships, professional CS:GO players and organizations earned more than $9 million through tournament prizes and sticker sales.

Katowice 2015 = 1.5 million in sticker money
Cologne 2015 = 4.2 million
Which means Dreamhack Cluj had around 3.3 million.

Hopefully sticker sales can maintain this, because IMO the guaranteed 3 million prize pool for Dota is better than a "lets hope everyone buys shitty stickers" approach

chessnut

anyone find it a bit ridiculous that the prize pools are only 250k and valve keeps HALF of the sticker money? I get that stickers wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for valve, but taking 50% of a player's signature is just a little too greedy imo.

anyway, I'm probably going to columbus. anyone else?

tootsi666

anyone find it a bit ridiculous that the prize pools are only 250k and valve keeps HALF of the sticker money? I get that stickers wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for valve, but taking 50% of a player's signature is just a little too greedy imo.

anyway, I'm probably going to columbus. anyone else?
50% is fair. IIRC Dota compendium for TI is only 25% to the prize pool. I just hate fact that sticker money goes directly to players instead of the prize pool.

baby

God damn it baby. Go eat some delicious chipotle and read what a wrote again. Emphasis on the one day part.

well i was wrong anyway. hes the only member of the team leaving.

why do you hate him so much anyway? he gets the blame for 2 scandals his employees caused and he bans people who were disrespectful on the forums. whats wrong with that

Top Bottom