• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Spanish Retailer leaks more details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the collectors edition have a pocket for a tablet and a solar powered USB charger!?

This must hint at something to do with functionality in the game, or something? It can't just be random tech "goodies" that they've thrown into the package.

Probably some sort of app so you can talk with your buddies / play a mini-game with your main character etc ?

Miker

thinking of it, but I get this feeling PC community won't be as close to big as console and fizzle way sooner esp. if I buy no DLC

Probably won't be as big as console, but PC is a platform in which Borderlands and its DLC sold a bajillion copies, The Division sold a ton of copies, and where Warframe has its highest concurrent users yet. It's also the platform with the strongest MMO foundation as well. I don't see longevity being a problem on PC in any way, shape, or form.

All 3 are valid choices except Warlock and Hunter.
Damn right
giphy.gif

MechDX

Hunters are a terrible, marshmallow class who cant take any damage without immediately dying. The very definition of worthless.

Warlock/Titans 4 life

Mindwipe

Why does the collectors edition have a pocket for a tablet and a solar powered USB charger!?

This must hint at something to do with functionality in the game, or something? It can't just be random tech "goodies" that they've thrown into the package.

I think it's just supposed to infer you're a survivalist unable to go home, and phone stuff is more appealing to the target audience than food rations.

Which is probably the right call tbh.

Once PC gets announced is there somewhere on Gaf (i'm newish) where we can swap steam names or w/e is going to be used?

I have a bunch of friends on X1 but really want to find a solid group for PC.

jelly

Would PC be hacker central or is that not a problem these days?

I wonder if Activision will launch a separate service for Destiny, maybe like EA.

Looking forward to the stream, sounds like D2 is gonna be cabal themed, at least at launch.

I also struggle between PS4 and PC, I think I will go PS4 Pro though. bungie hasn't had to deal with the PC platform in a long, long time and I don't really wanna deal with cheaters, online hackers, etc and that kind of thing can absolutely ruin a MP game at launch, R6 and Division had significant issues and it took a long, long time to straighten it out (and the games were much better once they did). Still, playing with KBM is really nice and on a gSync monitor, so sweet.

I'd love for there to be only one character backend that is accessed on all platforms, I'd double dip for sure. Zero interest in leveling up one set of chars though and then having to redo it again on PC.

Any PC game with competent team behind it and okay anti-cheat has very little cheater problems. Just like always.

This is definitely not true, Division for example was a huge launch and had massive problems with hacking due to the way it was coded. No idea if they eventually fixed it but I remember some absolutely insane hacking because everything was client-driven. I would hope Bungie doesn't make the same mistakes, but again this is their first PC game in years so do they have the right people? I haven't played it but would be interesting to hear how Ghost Recon Wildlands is hacking wise.

I play Titanfall 2 on PC and its not too bad hacking but 3-4 times (out of maybe 100+ sessions, to be fair) I have encountered a hacker who instantly headshot snipes everyone as he teleports around the map. That was not fun.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The box art is almost always decided on by the marketing team. The Devs have no input.

I'm not a marketing major and they might know something I don't but.... sounds like they're not very good at deciding what a good boxart looks like...

thinking of it, but I get this feeling PC community won't be as close to big as console and fizzle way sooner esp. if I buy no DLC

If you intend to play Destiny long term, you should expect to need to buy the DLC regardless of the platform. That's just the way this game is.

Hey guys, I heard all the DLC and raids are designed by Sean Murray. The boxart was also designed by the people who decided to make Hitman episodic. Fucking hell, people making a fuss over a game's quality based on the boxart? By that logic, every Atari game should have been the greatest games ever made! I know D1 was a mess at launch, but they have made some major course corrections since then, delivered a great expansion that showed the promise of D2 with The Taken King, and completely overhauled their original road map to focus more time and effort on D2.

It is impossible to say everyone who hated D1 will love D2, but claiming it is going to be exactly the same problems of D1 because of a DLC roadmap leaked and the boxart is uninspired? Fuck off with that nonsense.

Tovarisc

I'm not a marketing major and they might know something I don't but.... sounds like they're not very good at deciding what a good boxart looks like...

Less about what looks nice and more about what tests better for targeted audience so they are more likely to pick up your product.

E92 M3

Y'all talking about the boxart while Luke Smith is driving his Lamborghini to work. Destiny 2 will sell a shit-ton of copies.

xybur

Neo Member
"Manta Solar" is not a "solar rug"
Manta means "blanket"

Since the bit in the heading states "Kit de la frontera" which implies some kind of Frontier (Survival) Kit, I could imagine the item being something like a thermal blanket to be used outside.

In other words, a gimmicky item meant to evoke some sense of exploration.

GlamFM

Banned
"Manta Solar" is not a "solar rug"
Manta means "blanket"

Since the bit in the heading states "Kit de la frontera" which implies some kind of Frontier (Survival) Kit, I could imagine the item being something like a thermal blanket to be used outside.

In other words, a gimmicky item meant to evoke some sense of exploration.

Thanks, that makes more sense.

IT'S HYPENING

PC version is going to be huge.

60fps
No narrow as hell FoV
Mouse and keyboard

So good.

You need to pray for Bungie to give you all that, remember, they did 2 pc ports of their games, both sucked balls.

It's time to start praying for that.

GlamFM

Banned
Real model photos on the cover make it look uninspired to me. On an artistical level.

I think this might hint towards a deeper character creation system.

They might be going for more personality here instead of nameless guardians under a helmet.

0racle

I just got a pc with a 1080 card. Every ounce of logic says to get the PC version. But, as a console gamer I feel married to them and the psn ecosystem.

HELP.

nOoblet16

giphy.gif

Seriously, as hyped as I am for this, the first two DLC's were absolute dogshit for the money.

Considering I had spent 500+ hours of Destiny by the time TTK came out I would beg to differ over what it means to say "for the money". I can't think of any other game I've managed to get that much time out of for that much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom