• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Spanish Retailer leaks more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
Exploits and glitches aren't same as hacking / cheating. People were okay with cheesing raids with help of exploits in Destiny 1.

Cabal never got that much attention so don't judge yet.

I thought the Cabal were the most interesting aspect of TTK.

Kyoufu

So the main antagonist this time is Cabal? That's kind of a bummer. They were always by far the least interesting enemies for me in Destiny.

Well, they never got a chance to look interesting in Destiny 1. This is their moment in the spotlight.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Cabal never got that much attention so don't judge yet.

Well, they never got a chance to look interesting in Destiny 1. This is their moment in the spotlight.

I guess, but I doubt their actual archetype is going to change, and the whole "hyper-militaristic conqueror race" thing just seems kind of mundane to me.

SpecX

Why not wait for reviews then?
This is most likely gonna sell out quick like the Destiny Collector's and reviews would turn hit till day 1 most likely since it's online only gameplay. I might buy this and the digital copy, then return this if the game turns out to be a bust. Same concept I applied to No Man's Sky.

Tovarisc

I guess, but I doubt their actual archetype is going to change, and the whole "hyper-militaristic conqueror race" thing just seems kind of mundane to me.

What about "hyper-religious conqueror race" or "hyper-advanced conqueror race", how those are less mundane? Because they got more screen time and development during Destiny 1?

akileese

I just got a pc with a 1080 card. Every ounce of logic says to get the PC version. But, as a console gamer I feel married to them and the psn ecosystem.

HELP.

Honestly, I'm gonna get it for Xbox One because I absolutely adore my clan I met through the 100. I may end up double dipping and grabbing it on PC if I can get it heavily discounted, but XB1 for launch is how I'm going.

Kyoufu

There will no doubt be the basic archetypes we had in D1. They're in the D2 trailer, but we also get the bigger boss types with cleavers and apparently the Psions are being reworked.

Interfectum

Activision likes 💰. Free pc copy, even if it is windows 10, means less money. So... Probably not

Would be a killer app for Microsoft's initiative though and take a bit of the sting out of the PS exclusive content. Not saying it will happen but strategically MS might have given them some incentive to do so. We'll see soon I guess.

eizarus

Banned
It just screams that the game will be unfinished again....
Worst comment in the thread by far.
I'm optimistic about them. We've fought the Darkness but the Cabal have always seemed like they're unrelated to that. With the Galactic empire thing they've got going on, I'm guessing this game will be about a full on invasion from the Cabal into our solar system as opposed to the scout parties we've had so far.

J_Viper

After the first Destiny's garbage DLC, there's no way in hell I buy a version of D2 with the season pass.

Hoping the PC port turns out well.

Ads are already showing up on Gamestop.com. Looks like Sept 8th is the release date for US.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one

C8K4A_EUMAAU9I5

Would be a killer app for Microsoft's initiative though and take a bit of the sting out of the PS exclusive content. Not saying it will happen but strategically MS might have given them some incentive to do so. We'll see soon I guess.

It's unlikely. We've already seen triple dip confirmations from people on this forum. You don't think Activision knows how much it'd be leaving on the table?

Tovarisc

I also wonder if Scorpio version will be Native 4K/60 or checkerboard 4K/60!

Neither?

As long Windows Store is garbage and games ran through it are dogshit they better not put Destiny 2 exclusively there.

I also wonder if Scorpio version will be Native 4K/60 or checkerboard 4K/60!

I feel like Microsoft will go the route of the Pro and make it so that the framerate for multiplayer games must be the same on both the base Xbox One and Scorpio. Otherwise it'll give Scorpio owners an unfair advantage against base Xbox users

On the surface theyre very plain but they have a lot of depth.

The cabal cannot retreat. They cannot return unless they won. I don't think they thought there was much in the solar system at all as they supposedly sent a small fleet. I doubt the small fleet thought they'd encounter interdemensional magic creatures and time and space travelling super machines, and forever self-reviving magic humanoids.

They breached the dreadnaught as a desperate attempt to find tech to kill the ghosts as only hive can kill the "light" as of now afaik. Then they decided to blow up the dreadnaught essentially killing everyone in the system including themselves.

They might just have guns and explosions but I think with all the craziness in destiny, that makes them unique.

Kyoufu

Expansion 1 and 2? So Destiny 1 all over again? We need to wait again til its a semi complete game?

I hate to break it to you, but games like Destiny are never complete. Players exhaust content and then they prepare to play the next batch of content. Rinse and repeat.

I feel like Microsoft will go the route of the Pro and make it so that the framerate for multiplayer games must be the same on both the base Xbox One and Scorpio. Otherwise it'll give Scorpio owners an unfair advantage against base Xbox users
XB1 should be 720 or 900/60 and Scorpio 4K/60 if possible! As long as frame rate is the same it should be alright!

Based on D1?

Honest question though, did anyone really not expect D2 to have regular DLC? It's an mmo-lite, the game lives or dies on how much continued content they can add and how quickly.

It could have 1000 hours of unique, quality content in the base game and people would still burn through it in a month and scream "There's Nothing to Do!" until the next DLC is out. It happens in literally every single MMO that has come out in the past decade+.

We are not going to get 60, been saying it all week, it will never happen

Sorry, I was asking more from the perspective of Microsoft and Sony. Any idea if this is something they would be comfortable with? Or does there have to be absolute parity between consoles and their pro versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom