• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Spanish Retailer leaks more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
I just got a pc with a 1080 card. Every ounce of logic says to get the PC version. But, as a console gamer I feel married to them and the psn ecosystem.

HELP.

I´m in the same boat and will most likely go for the PS4 version because of RL friends and DGAF.

Xater

I think this might hint towards a deeper character creation system.

They might be going for more personality here instead of nameless guardians under a helmet.

I think their marketing team just thinks generic human with gun sells better.

nOoblet16

I just got a pc with a 1080 card. Every ounce of logic says to get the PC version. But, as a console gamer I feel married to them and the psn ecosystem.

HELP.

I just got a 1080 as well and it makes sense to buy on PC but this is a community game and as such community dictates my purchasing decision. I have over 100 people on PSN that play Destiny, this means there's always someone to play the game with and that's an important factor. I suspect majority of DGAF will be on board with PS4, I do wish that we get to share our characters between PS4 and PC but I doubt that will happen.

delta_reg

The box art looks fairly plain and generic but... I kinda like it. Sometimes plain and simple is better. You can argue about the pretty artstyle and planets and aliens all you want but for most people Destiny is mainly about shooting things together with your buddies. That's what the cover is presenting.

Don´t know about Warlocks

Trampoline%20Dunk%20Fail.gif

Sunsinger + Praxic Fire + Palindrome = my favorite build to use in Crucible. Love my Lock.

I wold love to play D2 on PC, but my RL friends who were the ones that consistently showed up to play D1 with me and did the raids blind and made all the most memorable moments of D1, are exclusively PS4 players, so PS4 Pro for me. If my PC gaming friend gets obsessed, maybe I'd double dip once the end game is better known and things like that instantly hit max level item is sold in the game shop. No way I can dedicate that much time to cross platform alts without a shared vault. Oh man, now that would be an interesting middle ground. No cross platform play, but cross platform account linking and the ability to share vault space or even better, your actual characters.

SpecX

Collector's edition bought! I'm going to feel so stupid if this is shit especially since I'm salty from the original, but can't contain myself from the hype.

Mikey Jr.

HELP.

I suspect a lot of "destiny 2 is dead on pc!" threads we usually get with these games.

In for Scorpio version! It should look super amazing on there! Probably closest to PC version! Plus I will still get to play with my XBOX ONE buddies! Can't wait!

Nesses

Considering I had spent 500+ hours of Destiny by the time TTK came out I would beg to differ over what it means to say "for the money". I can't think of any other game I've managed to get that much time out of for that much money.

This. The only other games I've logged this much time is EvE Online.

nOoblet16

How are people so certain this won't be 60fps?

Destiny 1 was developed for 360 and PS3 so I think there is a chance it will be 60fps on consoles.

Bungie knows it will improve the gunplay immensely and this time there is even a PC version which has hopefully unlocked frames.

Because
1) Bungie has never made anything above 30FPS
2) Destiny 1 despite being developed for PS360...ran at 30FPS, what chance does Destiny 2 have which does not has to maintain design parity with last gen consoles and will use this to push for larger and more populated area.
3) Stable 60FPS games with large world look like MGSV i.e. really simplistic

PC version will be able to hit 60FPS oviously.

Zeus7

Does this leak disprove the supposed destiny employee leak online, I think it was 4Chan? I can't remember exactly what he said but I think it was fairly similar to this?

I'm hoping it atleast hits a stable 30 fps on the OG PS4. Don't think 60 fps is going to happen. Pro and Scorpio will have a higher resolution and better effects and AA. PC will be 60 maybe.

Gothos

Man, hype rising! I'm only worried about the technical aspects of PC version, optimization being the main concern.

BigEmil

Is there a comparable game on consoles that runs at 60 fps?
DOOM, Battlefield, COD, Borderlands, Titanfall etc all First Person Shooters and all run at 60fps on console.

Because just like Fighters, First Person Shooter games must be 60fps it's one of the genre that is unplayable in 30fps.

Really no excuse for it to be 30fps at this point in time in the console life cycle ....

Target audience being?....

There is a huge core of Destiny fans that are buying this regardless, myself included. They don't need to market to those people. They need to market to the COD and Battlefield crowd to draw in more sales. Which is obviously who this ad is intended for.

Cruxist

Woohoo! going PS4 since I don't want to build a PC for this, plus I have a pretty solid clan there and don't want to lose that.

Tovarisc

Target audience being?....

For better or worse industry is big on targeting teenager to young adult men. Cool dudes with guns goes far with that audience.

I'm hoping it atleast hits a stable 30 fps on the OG PS4. Don't think 60 fps is going to happen. Pro and Scorpio will have a higher resolution and better effects and AA. PC will be 60 maybe.

If they want kill PC version into cradle they put in 30FPS and/or FoV locks.

I'm very, very scared of the PC version. My precious Destiny could end up being another hackers delight with how slow Bungie is to address exploits.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So the main antagonist this time is Cabal? That's kind of a bummer. They were always by far the least interesting enemies for me in Destiny.

If Bungie learned from their mistakes and got their act together, D2 could be one of the best games ever made. I have next to no hope of them doing that though. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'll probably still pre-order like an idiot.

Tovarisc

I'm very, very scared of the PC version. My precious Destiny could end up being another hackers delight with how slow Bungie is to address exploits.

Exploits and glitches aren't same as hacking / cheating. People were okay with cheesing raids with help of exploits in Destiny 1.

So the main antagonist this time is Cabal? That's kind of a bummer. They were always by far the least interesting enemies for me in Destiny.

Cabal never got that much attention so don't judge yet.

Tarnpanzer

Because
1) Bungie has never made anything above 30FPS
2) Destiny 1 despite being developed for PS360...ran at 30FPS, what chance does Destiny 2 have which does not has to maintain design parity with last gen consoles and will use this to push for larger and more populated area.
3) Stable 60FPS games with large world look like MGSV i.e. really simplistic

PC version will be able to hit 60FPS oviously.

If Destiny is 30fps on Pro or Scorpio I will definitely buy the PC-Version. 30fps is to slow for Shooters especially in PvP:

WITHE1982

I put around 200 hours+ into vanilla Destiny but lost interest around the time House Of Wolves was released. I owned the season pass so had all expansions but never started the second one up after feeling The Dark Below was a bit sub par.

... anyhow I'm guessing Destiny as it exists today is a different animal from when I left it? If so I may just jump into D2 after reviews hit.

Silly question but this is a completely new game so everyone starts from scratch? I don't want to be left behind if there's a weapon/player/level import.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom