• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Uber Edition announced / 169$

Into

Inquisitor case to store your old condoms, because you wont be using them if you have that junk at your crib

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Uhh isn't the game inside the Steel Bookcase? Why are people saying it doesn't include the game?

Anyway last I bought a collectors edition of anything was for ME2, nice enough I guess, but should of gone digital(was that even an option?) First real collectors edition I bought was Morrowind, not work it at all. Shitty paper map that was all folded and creased and a rinky dink figurine that was about 2 inches tall and looked like it was partially melted.

a bunch of rubbish your house does not need

Pretty much sums up videogames.

Like someone said, artwork or a kickass dragon statue would be better.

I imagine you'll be able to pick this up 4 months after launch for 1/2 the price because stores will want to clear their shelves.

Never would I ever, never. Digital only up in here. Still pretty nice if the swag isn't shit quality.

EA is the only company I'll buy physical PC copies of games anymore. If they ever dropped Origin support in future I'd at least still be able to crack my discs and play my games.

Mass Effect 3 was the only game I've done this for, but it's also the last EA PC game I've bought. Dragon Age 3 MIGHT be the first EA game I've bought in a year.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
So what makes this cost $110 more in value? I just don't see it. Breakdown of item value, anyone?

It's almost like they make these things to generate a higher profit margin than the regular editions.

Do you think a publisher would do that? Just go and sell worthless trinkets to their fans?

animus82

Banned
NO Statue guys?!

I demand a giant statue if I'm going to buy an Uber Edition.

Ink and Quill but not statue.... Come on EA.

Irobot82

Not getting burned this time. I'm not going to pre-order DA:I like I did DA2. I'll wait until after release and and review and after GAF has finished the game to get the real scoop.

vareon

lol. I never imagined I'd ever spend more than $100 on one game. I was really tempted when a local seller sells Bravely Default CE for about that price but then I'm not in the best financial condition.

Anyone here seriously interested in that? Serious question.

How does it feel thinking you are so funny and witty and then random gaffer #55 beats you to the punch?

HOW DOES IT FEEL

tZul9tZ.gif

I guess a dragon statue would be too Skyrim like.

Was going to get a CE but not with these items in it. Origins did it best: Steelbook, cloth map, $10 premium.

These things have nothing to do with the franchise. No dragon stuff, no Fade stuff, no darkspawn. Kind of sucks that with all the concept art and screenshots they can't even make an art book. Only the map makes sense.

Moff

I dont see anything worth that much money here

but I'm a sucker for maps, so I hope there will be a normal steelbok version with a map.

Monooboe

I still want it! I really do.XD I love to have game junk, like with Witcher 2, coins, cards, dice and such. The price though is a bit much.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Me .. I loved both games .. Played through them multiple times. I love collectors stuff to so I will get this.

Why shouldn't I is the question?

I still want it! I really do.XD I love to have game junk, like with Witcher 2, coins, cards, dice and such. The price though is a bit much.

To you and anyone else buying this, do you just like the series a lot, or do you like swag and or do you have shelves/room where you display your gaming related trinkets? I always wondered what people do with this stuff. I know a lot of people have their gaming rooms full of figurines and posters and shelves with boxes and cases, but does everyone who buys this stuff do that, or are they like most people and fiddle with it for a couple weeks maybe have it on display on their desk for a bit and then pack it up and leave it in a closet for 8 years and forget about it.

M.Steiner

I do like collector's editions but I dunno what I'd do with most of that stuff lol.
Just the standard edition for me I think, or maybe the deluxe if another store later sells that for less than £59.99.

Too rich for my blood. If I'm paying $169 for a special edition that better include a significant amount of in-game content that will never be made available for people who don't buy that edition.

mackattk

Yeah... Not going to spend almost half the cost of a ps4 on a game. Especially when the previous entries of said game were not all that great.

JayEH

I hate these type of CEs. I don't need all this extra crap.

I like smaller, more reasonable price CEs like the one Dark a Souls 1, Dragon Age Origins, Mass effect, Tomb raider, etc. had. We need more of those not this junk.

Just give me an art book, steel book case, maybe some DLC for 79.99.

For a physical special edition of a game, just give me a nice steelbook case, an art book, maybe a soundtrack and the cloth map.

Once you start tossing in cards and figurines and fake coins... it just seems like they went to some manufacturer and got a list of stuff they could mass manufacture for cheap.

Bioware has a significant heavily devoted fanbase and it makes sense to have a ridiculous offering like this just for them. It's not for the rest of us, it's for the Bioware Social Network type of people that REALLY love their games.

Prax

You guys. lol

You know, even though this is expensive and I am not likely to get it, it's a lot more compelling to me as a CE than others I've seen in the past.
Usually an art book (insulting amount of pages and print quality usually), soundtrack CD, and statues are near garbage to me. At least you could actually use some of these items. Like a sketchbook! Ink! Chest!
Tarot cards are also like an art book, but even better because they are like 72 mini postcards with added symbolism and stuff you can do with them.

Skelter

Banned
Dragon Age II was so awful that I don't even know if Inquisition is worth caring about, and they want me to buy all that crap?

Pretty much why I can't just go ahead and buy this. I already know I'm buying any CE of Witcher 3 since...I bought like 3 CE of Witcher 2.

I'm pretty tempted by this. But... when I think about it... what am I even going to do with all that stuff? Look at it once and place it back in the box?

Top Bottom