• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - "The Descent" DLC coming August 11 (PS4/XBO/PC)

Should add a New Game+ like CDPR did for the The Witcher 3. I hate playing story DLC that isn't post game after I have finished the main story. And this isn't good enough for me to play again after 120 hours the first time.

diaspora

I wouldn't like that at all. I really liked him and don't want him to be turned into some cartoon villain like
Coriphesisususes
Fen'Harel
wasn't even evil, he just caused
a big mess

He deserves to be hunted down like a dog tbh.

Yeul

The mage after the "reveal a secret" part?

Fk4axtM.jpg

Yeul

Wait. They're dealing with the endgame stuff in DLC? Disappointing. Thought they wouldn't touch it till the sequel.

Not in this DLC, no. Though it's been heavily implied and shown in that leaked survey that they will be covering post-ending in a DLC to come.

Not in this DLC, no. Though it's been heavily implied and shown in that leaked survey that they will be covering post-ending in a DLC to come.

Yeah that's what I was referring to. Unless it's a DA: Awakening sized expansion, I'd be pretty disappointed if that's how we resolve
Flemeth/Fen'Harel

Yeul

Yeah that's what I was referring to. Unless it's a DA: Awakening sized expansion, I'd be pretty disappointed if that's how we resolve
Flemeth/Fen'Harel

Yeah I don't know how much or little will be resolved in DLC, but I'd rather them at least bring it up in DLC because
Solas was a party member and a potential LI (at least in my case) so there's some history there with the Inquisitor rather than a new protag in DA4.
I'm pretty sure Mark Darrah said that questions would be answered in DLC, but obviously they'd leave some things for DA4.

I used Solas all the time. He gives you great background on different things in the Dragon Age world.

True. I took him to the Temple of Mythal, and the Fade, since he gave some really good insight. The issue is that his AI seems subpar for some reason. He would always be the first to die in a fight, no matter how good his armor or weapons were.

Walpurgis

Banned
Thanks!
Sure, but who uses Solas anyway? I ended up befriending him, but Dorian and Vivienne are the superior party members. Vivienne for Dragons, Dorian for everything else.
I never once didn't have Solas in my party. He knew shit and was my Elven and mage bro. He was like my bald, white, ugly chinned twin. :p

Vivienne was awesome too. I loved listening to her be an elitist ass to everyone. I especially loved how she talked about Cole. I can't stand that thing.

Eh.... I'm super keen on getting back to the Deep Roads since contrary to most people, I really enjoyed that part of Origins. It was a bit too long but it was supposed to be a slog into the heart of darkness.

And I'm real interested to see how nice they can make the Deep Roads look in Frostbite. But the darkspawn still look like DA2 style Putties from Power Rangers and it irks me how they're trying to pump this up as your Inquisitor facing down some massive darkspawn threat. Hang on, wasn't the whole point in BioWare having a new protagonist with every game so that they'd face threats uniquely suited to that player character? And facing down some huge darkspawn threat sounds an awful lot like something best left to a Grey Warden, no?

I know there will always be some gameplay/lore disconnect but this whole quest sounds like something that should be delegated to the Wardens or maybe even the Hero of Ferelden, not the Inquisitor.

Day 1. Loved DAI.

Also was just thinking about a BIG expansion to this game. like a $30 big chunk of post story goodness. Hope something like that happens.

As I recall, Mark Darrah at one point said there wouldn't be any Awakening style proper expansion like Origins had. Seems BioWare is more content with nickel and diming people with $15 DLC chunks like this I guess.

Eh, I was reading the title as "DAI decent DLC coming", and I was "so they finally going to release a decent one? What about the other DLCs?" Lol.
I've yet to buy a single DLC of DAI so far. Finished the game back in December and yet to go back.

I'll buy this but wait for my third playthrough until the final DLC releases. If there's one trend in modern BioWare with DLC it's that a playthrough with all story DLC makes a substantial difference.
That was true for Mass Effect 3 and maybe Dragon Age II, but it seems like Inquisition has gone back to the Mass Effect 2 model: you can play the DLC mid-game but it works better if you play it post-game.

Looks great, but I'm going to wait for the next (final?) DLC and play them consecutively.

Also, for anyone who played Jaws of Hakkon, were there any new scenes/dialogues with companions?

Yeul

Looks great, but I'm going to wait for the next (final?) DLC and play them consecutively.

Also, for anyone who played Jaws of Hakkon, were there any new scenes/dialogues with companions?

There were cutscenes and some new banter that occurred in the new zone (frostback basin) that pertained to the mission, but no new scenes that were specifically about hanging out with your companions more.

Ralemont

not me
That was true for Mass Effect 3 and maybe Dragon Age II, but it seems like Inquisition has gone back to the Mass Effect 2 model: you can play the DLC mid-game but it works better if you play it post-game.

Right, but that still fits into what I'm saying. DLC adds a significant amount of enjoyment to a playthrough whether it's post-game or not. In this case, we know the last DLC after this one is going to be specifically post-game story-wise dealing with the post-credits scene, so it will help the main story feel a bit longer than the vanilla game did.

This is different than say Dragon Age Origins DLC, though, insofar as much of that DLC wasn't actually integrated into the main game.

Illucio

Banned
I didn't even buy the last DLC. Should I even bother with this one?

What did the last DLC add to the game? The ending to Inquisition killed any sort of interest to wanting DLC for the game.

I'd like to see more Qunari content with some solid story elements in a future DLC or expansion. It doesn't have to be the sole focus but a nice meaty couple of hours would be nice.

Squire

Banned
Have an eye on this game but i will wait for a deal like 30 € with all DLC (for PS+ members)

They've never done that and never will, just FYI. There's a DA collection that I believe does go on sale on Steam, but you'll never get a deal like this on console. Mass Effect especially very infamously rarely puts DLC on sale and never has bundles.

Donos

They've never done that and never will, just FYI. There's a DA collection that I believe does go on sale on Steam, but you'll never get a deal like this on console. Mass Effect especially very infamously rarely puts DLC on sale and never has bundles.

Hmm shit. And the game was just on sale for 30 €. Renting is not worth since it's too long.
Oh, i forgot that i can rent it at my library for free (for 14 days). Only problem is that there is a waiting list. But i want to play it with DLC -_-.

Top Bottom