• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - "The Descent" DLC coming August 11 (PS4/XBO/PC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_L4qyvxAFI

EA Access members get it 10% off.

Mark your calendars because a brand new single-player adventure is coming Tuesday, August 11! In Dragon Age: Inquisition – The Descent, you will venture deep below the surface to discover the source of mysterious earthquakes threatening Thedas. Explore the legendary Deep Roads, but ensure that you come prepared. A perilous journey awaits underground, where vast, darkspawn-infested caverns will challenge the Inquisition like never before. Meet memorable new characters, learn more about dwarven history, and collect epic loot as you fight to solve one of Thedas's greatest mysteries. Hidden danger lurks within the Stone, Inquisitor. Good luck!

Descent_IMAGE_01_ENG.jpg

Descent_IMAGE_02_ENG.jpg

Nesther

Just remembered I still haven't finished this game. I'm like 70h into it and haven't killed my first dragon yet..

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looks cool

The Dwarven architecture looked far more interesting in DAI than the others so hopefully the Deep Roads isn't as much of a slog as it usually is. Surprised it's announced so closely to when it's releasing.

Nordicus

"People call Deep Roads a very boring section in both of our previous games, how do we fix that?"

"Let's turn it into Bitterblack isle from Dragon's Dogma!"

...ya know what, not a bad idea

Subitai

SWEET!

Even better weapons and armor schematics to save my level 4 mats for...or will there be lvl 5 mats? =D

Right after I raked them over the coals this morning for not announcing new DA:I DLC I see this thread! I quite enjoy the Deep Roads so this is nice

And coming next week!! Yessssss

edit: I'm guessing $15 just like Jaws of Hakkon?

SeanTSC

Cool, I liked the Jaws of Hakkon stuff (despite the stupid PS4 delay) and I'll definitely be picking this up.

Ragona

I was considering to pick this up again and play the first dlc and now this sounds like a good time to jump in. How difficult is it to get back into the game? Keep in mind i best this in december or something ( and i lost my maintank to story decisions qq)

Ralemont

not me
How good were the previous DLC they released? I've haven't been following their reception.

Jaws of Hakkon was a great Inquisition zone; a lot more story content than vanilla zones, better questing, challenging combat, etc. Not worth $15 imo and not as story-heavy as things like Mass Effect 3 DLC, though.

Subitai

Might have to take Wed. off.

My body can't wait for the weapons!

Although, it will be tough for me to part with the Demon's Advocate:

256px-Demon%27s-Advocate-Maul.png

Type:Unique Maul
Item Level:23
DPS:307-315
Damage:304-312
Requires:Level 20
Restriction:Warrior only
Upgrade Slots:Masterwork Inscribed Two-Handed Haft
Balanced Two-Handed Grip
Runes:Empty Rune
Stats:+32% Attack
+19 Constitution
On kill: target explodes for 100% weapon damage
Locations:Black Emporium

Running around with that on Iron Bull and chain exploding enemies never gets old.

Hmm... not sure how I feel about this as I'm not really fond of the Deep Roads as an area, I find it too claustrophobic :p

If the lore is interesting though I'll be here for it.

Dinda

I want lots of new Armor! This game so lacks cool armor, the Spoils dlcs were a good start, but it needs a lot more.

Denton

Deep roads was the most boring piece of shit part of dragon age origins ever. You would have to pay me to force me to play this.

Memory

I loved Inquisition but I couldn't be bothered to complete the last DLC due to burnout, I think I'll skip the rest of the dlc for this game unless its amaziballs.

Deep roads was the most boring piece of shit part of dragon age origins ever. You would have to pay me to force me to play this.
I'd say the Fade was far worse and they improved on that a ton in DAI. I feel they'll do the same with the Deep Roads this time around too.

Funny. I just started playings Jaws of Hakkon last night. I'll play the wait and see game for this, but... the completionist inside of me is probably going to pick this up.

Melchiah

Well, that's surprisingly soon. I like the location, as Valammar was one of my favorite locations in the main game. I'll be there day one.

Lakitu

st5fu
Such a shame that I lost all my DA:I data (a 150-hour playthrough) and I just don't have the energy or desire to play many games lately. Otherwise I'd definitely give this a shot.

Top Bottom