• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - "The Descent" DLC coming August 11 (PS4/XBO/PC)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I finished the game with an assassin rogue, and then started over with a ravager warrior man once you go ravager there's no turning back hot damn. this sounds cool, might get jaws of hakkon too.

StUnNeR H2K

Great news, this game needed some more Darkspawn. Hopefully it has more story elements in it though then the last single player DLC.

Also looking forward to them adding some Darkspawn to the multiplayer side of the game!

ironcreed

Banned
Nice. I will definitely buy this and start a new game as well at some point. I really loved my time with Inquisition.

Subitai

I finished the game with an assassin rogue, and then started over with a reaver warrior man once you go ravager there's no turning back hot damn. this sounds cool, might get jaws of hakkon too.
Fixed ;)

I found champion invincibility to be more useful than reaver healing even though devour is one of the only ways to heal in the game (i miss being able combo with it like DA2 ). It is much easier to just go invincible than try and dodge around dragon and giant knockdown attacks. Really, To The Death + Walking Fortress is just godlike against them, and is like a second mark of death for everyone else attacking.

Still, maxing strength with a 2h weapon and watching the damage when a dragon puts up guard is stupid fun too. Just not nearly as easy with a champion.

There's also the survey that leaked out:

uhgzryk.png

Ralemont

not me
Nice. I will definitely buy this and start a new game as well at some point. I really loved my time with Inquisition.

I'll buy this but wait for my third playthrough until the final DLC releases. If there's one trend in modern BioWare with DLC it's that a playthrough with all story DLC makes a substantial difference.

Nice, I literally just finished another playthrough. I'll try to go through Jaws of Hakkon, then try this out. Hopefully it's good.

iiicon

Just picked this up on PC for a second playthrough. Good timing. Now I just need to decide on a class other than rogue for my character.

Capella

Just picked this up on PC for a second playthrough. Good timing. Now I just need to decide on a class other than rogue for my character.
Same. I haven't touched it since I finished it last year. I'm going to play again with a male inquisitor with a different world state this time.

That looks far more interesting to me than the first story DLC, but I still think I'll wait until the final one has released before getting them all, unless there's some sort of Bioware flash sale on the PS Store before then. Really enjoyed platting DAI though. I'll be interested to hear from those of you that pick it up how the difficulty scales because by the end of DAI I was slaughtering mobs even on Nightmare.

Also, the term "epic loot" needs to die in a fire.

Cool, it sounds decent.

lol god dammit haha

There are multiple cool things this DLC could touch on in lore. Don't read spoilers unless you've finished DAI.

1. The origin of the Primeval Taig and if primeval dwarves had magic.

2. The true origin of the blight, some think it was of Dwarven creation. IE Red Lyrium idol in Primeval Taig.

3. Arlathan.

4. The Architect.

Regarding 1, 2, and 3 there is a theory that the Black City is in fact Arlathan. The Black City is thought to be the very center of the Fade as it is visible everywhere. Location in the Fade corresponds to location in Thedas. IE if you enter the Fade in Kirkwall you will be in a different part than if you entered in Redcliff. Lore says that Arlathan was sunk beneath the Earth. If the Fade is a sort of hollow Earth then the Black City and Arlathan should be corresponding locations.

Judging by the presence of the Red Lyrium Idol in the Primeval Taig, which predates the First Blight by a good long time, the Blight did already exist in Thedas before the Magisters entered the Golden City. What if when Arlathan was sunk it became infected with the Blight?

Corypheus postures originally that the Golden City was always Black, but he later revealed that to be a lie (screaming out for Dumat he claimed to have walked the Golden halls). If the Golden City/Black City is the Fade reflection of Arlathan it may have contained some access to the actual city in Thedas, potentially by a rift or by an aluvian. When the Magisters disturbed this connection point the raw Blight flooded the Golden City turning it Black.

There is also speculation that the Old Gods and the Elven Gods were one in the same, if Mythal/Flemeth's ability to turn into a dragon is any indication. There are also parts of lore that indicate that the Elven Gods had dragon manifestations. Tevinter lore says the Old Gods were cast into the Earth by the Maker, but what if that was where Fen'Heral/Solas banished the physical forms of the other Elven Gods to?

Regarding 4. The Architect has been confirmed to be a Magister, but because he has been conscious since the beginning he has forgotten this. As a Magister it can be assumed that he has the same essence transfer ability that Corypheus and the Arch Demons have. So even if the Warden killed him, Utha was nearby as a potential host.

BouncyFrag

Good to hear about the post game dlc which is what I want the most. I'll start a new playthrough when all the expansions are out.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Interesting. I like the Deep Roads a lot unlike most people. Have yet to get the Jaws of Hakkon DLC, so might pick them both up when this comes out.

Is this supposed to be the same size or larger than that DLC?

RPGCrazied

Haven't even finished the main campaign yet, or the first DLC. Other games pulled me away from it sadly, need to get back to it.

Looks good, I'll bite. I'm glad they brought back the Darkspawn Ogre model. It's too nice a model to be under utilized.

geordiemp

Did the first DLC come out on Ps4 already ?

Finished it so long ago that I kinda lost interest when it was xb1 exclusive and moved on.

I enjoyed the gameplay, but did not really care for any of the characters like I did for Mass Effect so its temping but the pull is not so strong...

Yeul

Did the first DLC come out on Ps4 already ?

Finished it so long ago that I kinda lost interest when it was xb1 exclusive and moved on.

I enjoyed the gameplay, but did not really care for any of the characters like I did for Mass Effect so its temping but the pull is not so strong...

Yeah Jaws of Hakkon (the first DLC) came out on PS4 back in May.

I'm really looking forward to this! Even though my Inquisitor was an elven mage in a relationship with Solas and I'm super into DA elven lore, the dwarves have been really underrepresented for a while. Can't wait to see the improvements made to the Deep Roads from DA:O to now. I know we got a small glimpse of how things would look in Valammar, but man actual lyrium veins in the trailer were so nice.

diaspora

There are multiple cool things this DLC could touch on in lore. Don't read spoilers unless you've finished DAI.

1. The origin of the Primeval Taig and if primeval dwarves had magic.

2. The true origin of the blight, some think it was of Dwarven creation. IE Red Lyrium idol in Primeval Taig.

3. Arlathan.

4. The Architect.

Regarding 1, 2, and 3 there is a theory that the Black City is in fact Arlathan. The Black City is thought to be the very center of the Fade as it is visible everywhere. Location in the Fade corresponds to location in Thedas. IE if you enter the Fade in Kirkwall you will be in a different part than if you entered in Redcliff. Lore says that Arlathan was sunk beneath the Earth. If the Fade is a sort of hollow Earth then the Black City and Arlathan should be corresponding locations.

Judging by the presence of the Red Lyrium Idol in the Primeval Taig, which predates the First Blight by a good long time, the Blight did already exist in Thedas before the Magisters entered the Golden City. What if when Arlathan was sunk it became infected with the Blight?

Corypheus postures originally that the Golden City was always Black, but he later revealed that to be a lie (screaming out for Dumat he claimed to have walked the Golden halls). If the Golden City/Black City is the Fade reflection of Arlathan it may have contained some access to the actual city in Thedas, potentially by a rift or by an aluvian. When the Magisters disturbed this connection point the raw Blight flooded the Golden City turning it Black.

There is also speculation that the Old Gods and the Elven Gods were one in the same, if Mythal/Flemeth's ability to turn into a dragon is any indication. There are also parts of lore that indicate that the Elven Gods had dragon manifestations. Tevinter lore says the Old Gods were cast into the Earth by the Maker, but what if that was where Fen'Heral/Solas banished the physical forms of the other Elven Gods to?

Regarding 4. The Architect has been confirmed to be a Magister, but because he has been conscious since the beginning he has forgotten this. As a Magister it can be assumed that he has the same essence transfer ability that Corypheus and the Arch Demons have. So even if the Warden killed him, Utha was nearby as a potential host.

Velanna's sister.

gdt

Day 1. Loved DAI.

Also was just thinking about a BIG expansion to this game. like a $30 big chunk of post story goodness. Hope something like that happens.

Top Bottom