• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - "The Descent" DLC coming August 11 (PS4/XBO/PC)

TheFatMan

Wow. That DLC was a piece of shit. Don't buy it.

It has nothing to do with the darkspawn like the trailer implied. It answers a mystery we didn't even know existed and it creates more questions. It's incredibly short, less than 3 hours. It's also artificially hard. It's a grind to get through the enemies who all have like 50,000 health (while my level 27 Inquisitor has around 1000). Without the grind it would have probably only taken 45 minutes to finish.

Dude, I call BS. While I could see beating the DLC in 3 hours if you rushed through everything and skipped every dialogue scene you could, 45 minutes would be either impossible or some serious speed run shit.

You're entitled to your opinion but giving people bad information is not cool.

PS: For comparison sake, I did the DLC at level 26, enjoyed all the dialogue and did all of the side missions and it took me about 8 hours.

Dude, I call BS. While I could see beating the DLC in 3 hours if you rushed through everything and skipped every dialogue scene you could, 45 minutes would be either impossible or some serious speed run shit.

You're entitled to your opinion but giving people bad information is not cool.

PS: For comparison sake, I did the DLC at level 26, enjoyed all the dialogue and did all of the side missions and it took me about 8 hours.
The biggest time sink was how over buffed the enemy health was. They padded out the fights. I stand by my assertion that if the enemies had normal health you could probably finish in less than an hour without skipping dialog.

Walpurgis

Banned
Sounds like I can skip this one like Jaws of Hakkon. I'm still waiting on that Dread Wolf DLC that actually advances the story.

W.S.

I'm always tempted by new Dragon Age DLC but I'll hold off for a sale on these since I keep hearing mixed things about them.

Plus for the price of these you can get whole indy games (or budget priced titles).

BeeDog

Alright, what the fuck. How are you supposed to battle the final boss of this DLC? All my characters are level 27 with quite good gear, so I consider them pretty well-equipped. Regardless of what I do, the boss eradicates my entire party, regardless of what difficulty level I have set (now it's on 'Casual'). What's the trick here?

Alright, what the fuck. How are you supposed to battle the final boss of this DLC? All my characters are level 27 with quite good gear, so I consider them pretty well-equipped. Regardless of what I do, the boss eradicates my entire party, regardless of what difficulty level I have set (now it's on 'Casual'). What's the trick here?

In the same place right now... Casual difficulty, level 27 party. The boss one-shots all of my characters almost as soon as the fight begins. So frustrating.

Melchiah

In the same place right now... Casual difficulty, level 27 party. The boss one-shots all of my characters almost as soon as the fight begins. So frustrating.

I'm at the same level, and eventhough it was a hard fight I managed to clear it on the first try on normal difficulty. Being a Knight Enchanter, and having gear that replenish the barrier, probably helped.

Top Bottom