• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: The Following |OT| Still has zombies in swimsuits

GavinUK86

Yeah, for those of you wondering the subtitle is a reference to a post made in one of the pre-release threads.

Wasn't it about the Dead Island 2 statue?

I bought Dying Light when it originally released and only ever got a couple hours into it. I'm looking forward to sitting down and sinking some serious time into now.

Helznicht

Only been playing Dying Light coop with my son when we can get it scheduled. We are not very far, so I have some time before I need the expansion. But I am interested in the upgrade patch.

Is there any more info for PC version on the following (no pun intended):

Legend System
Bounties System
New Parkour Moves
New Enemy Attacks & Behaviors
Greater Firearm Variety
Gameplay Quality Improvements
Overall Game Look and Feel Improvements

ryseing

Well, definitely down for it *if* my accent doesn't bother you lol (I'm actually Italian even if I've lived for years in the UK); it'd be awesome having a co-op buddy/ies from GAF to play the game with! I'm not sensitive to that kind of stuff so if you end up not enjoying it you can bail without hurting my feelings ;)

Time-zone wise it kinda works out for me I guess, since I suffer from insomnia and do most of my gaming past midnight till 4 AM GMT. What does that translate to for you?

5 hour difference. Actually works out perfectly. Have shit I have to do so I won't be able to play this evening but we can try tomorrow night.

I bought Dying Light when it originally released and only ever got a couple hours into it. I'm looking forward to sitting down and sinking some serious time into now.

Not going to rehash the argument but the poster who will remain unnamed basically said he wasn't going to buy the expansion because you couldn't play as a girl and because there are zombies with bikinis. The girl thing, fair enough. Wouldn't have affected the awful story and there needs to be more playable female options. But the game takes place in an ocean city and that particular zombie model is not very frequently found.

No it's from this

Did they change the basic female zombie model so that it isn't wearing that ridiculous bikini?

Oh well, guess I'm not rebuying the game. Won't support that shit.

Show me the male zombies in speedos and I'll excuse the female zombies in bikinis.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. It's on my GOTY list, I just won't support a rerelease with new graphics that doesn't fix a problem I had with the game. If the protagonist was player choice on male or female then I could excuse stuff like that outright. But I'm no longer buying new IPs or series with new protagonists every iteration that don't let you choose your gender and I will not support games that don't respect women either.

Very excited for this. Dying Light I think is the most underrated game of 2015.
Will probably be doing this with my friend who I played the base game with.

Grisby

Sold my original DL copy a few months ago to buy the new one tomorrow. Gonna dip back into the world to get used to the mechanics again before shifting over to the Following.

Pretty excited for this since DL was a huge sleeper hit for me last year and I feel like Techland has been talking a big game on how awesome the xpack will be.

So the patch is out on Xbox right now!!
17gb btw

Yeah, started mine a couple hours ago. Had to pause it though because it was killing my measly 8Mb connection and no one could do anything online. I'll have to get it overnight and play tomorrow. =/

Mbrill82

I picked up Dying Light for $15 on Black Friday and then heard about the Enhanced Edition free update so I've been waiting for that to start the game. I'll start playing tomorrow (I've been really looking forward to it) and once I finish it I'll see if I wanna pick up the Following expansion. Excited! I've heard great things about this game.

So it is 17gb. For some reason, I had that number in my mind for the last week as an estimate.

It'll take hours to download, but should be well worth it.

I used to have this game but I ended up selling it because the motion blur gave me a headache, which if left unattended would persist into a migrane, with light sensitivity and sickness.

It's rare that games do this to me, Uncharted 1 and Dying Light are the only two that come to mind, but what I want to know, is does the Enhanced Edition change anything in regards to the motion blur?

I am not even sure if it's the motion blur, cause Just Cause 3 has loads of motion blur and that doesn't bother me. It might be aliasing or something else. I don't know, but it's a shame because the game actually seemed really fun. I got half way through it even.

ryseing

When does the store update? This is kind of ridiculous we can't start downloading the update now on ps4. Starting to regret getting this on the ps4 psn is so slow.

GCT so who the fuck knows. I'd suspect early afternoon.

And welcome to the PlayStation online experience. Been like this since 2006 with no signs of changing.

GCT so who the fuck knows. I'd suspect early afternoon.

And welcome to the PlayStation online experience. Been like this since 2006 with no signs of changing.

Man I thought I would be playing this at midnight that's super disappointing. I only have time to play tonight and tomorrow morning. I guess I'll keep this in mind for future purchases.

That's it? That's doable. The 17 GBs thrown around were worrying me. My net is usually in the 1-5 range, 10-ish if I'm lucky. Going to take me forever to download this. lol
I guess the additional 9GB reported on Xbone includes The Following? Either way, we probably have more to download tomorrow when the actual DLC drops.

MaKTaiL

Those on Console, I highly recommend playing the custom map "Repetition". It it just like PT, really well put together.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone please help a bro out?

How will this expansion tie in? (From both a technical and narrative standpoint.)
Is it accessed as completely separate content, or woven into the existing map?
(Looks like the former, considering the huge stretch of countryside.)

Should I try and finish the main game first?
I've barely gotten into the meat of the main game, but I'm enjoying it.
Looks like it'll be fun to drive around with buddies.

Everything they're adding to this game...it's just too good to be true.

This is Diablo levels of support and expansion.

Freakin' BOUNTIES!?! I am IN!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well, I'm not getting any sound effects when I run on surfaces. Hope I didn't encounter a bug in the first minutes of playing.

I have Dying Light for the X1 gonna buy The Following, but how do I do it(Never bought an expansion pk before) do I buy it on XBOX LIVE tomorrow or through the game?

Evolved1

Anyone else not have footstep sounds?

This either a bug or they patched the ninja outfit to not make noise when you run. lol

Karak

Figured this is a good place to alert people that like Fallout 4 for odd reasons Dying Light calls a .pad file millions of times which you can see using Process Explorer(threads). For some folks this results in a fairly regular stutter(me in Fallout 4) and others in Dying Light(me as well)
Killing it does nothing except remove the stutter.

Just a reminder if you load this up after not having played it for a while.

W.S.

It's a more stable 30 now. Not 60 like some other posts said earlier

There also seems to be no more screen tearing on the Xbox One version from what I've played, I'm curious to see what improvements they did to the facial models since they mentioned that as well but so far so good.

Evolved1

I can't believe they release a patch with such an obvious sound bug. No one noticed there's no audio for footsteps on surfaces walking, running, sneaking or when you jump down off stuff? lol How is that possible?

Top Bottom