• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early designs for video game protagonists

The rage around the Aloy concept art is hilarious. Not all female characters have to look like deviant-art-inspired-waifu-bait. I thought the idea behind concept art is to give inspiration for the game's final designs, not to pander.

Her final design is fantastic, aesthetically pleasing. I just wish she had different hair options, but it's more practical for an archer/hunter gatherer to not have sexy bangs cover her eyes while she fights robo-dinos. Overall her design is practical, and beautiful. Not just sexy kick-ass girl with perfectly windswept hair. Just my two cents.

Kinyou

The rage around the Aloy concept art is hilarious. Not all female characters have to look like deviant-art-inspired-waifu-bait. I thought the idea behind concept art is to give inspiration for the game's final designs, not to pander.

Her final design is fantastic, aesthetically pleasing. I just wish she had different hair options, but it's more practical for an archer/hunter gatherer to not have sexy bangs cover her eyes while she fights robo-dinos. Overall her design is practical, and beautiful. Not just sexy kick-ass girl with perfectly windswept hair. Just my two cents.
Man, way to shit on the concept artists. Seriously, people talk that concept art up as if it's something horribly insulting

OmegaX0

Apparently it is avoidable because it rarely if ever comes up in discussions about other character designs. There's plenty of male characters that I do not find physically attractive, yet you don't see me going into threads complaining about them and claiming that their design is bad. Nor is there a trend of others doing that.

It absolutely does get said about male characters and it's quite disingenuous to claim it doesn't happen. Looking at the uglier characters in this thread, father Nier and the Gears of War cast are good examples.

Can you explain to me why physical beauty is consistently brought into the discussion when talking about this new female lead character, yet is nearly absent from discussion on other characters?

Putting it bluntly (though I also find it it a somewhat exaggerated statement), she's ugly. Same thing happens with other characters that are perceived as ugly, be it male or female, or even non-human. Anything that isn't a horrific monstrosity will have many people judging it by how attracted they find them (and even then you have some uh, interesting fetishes out there). It's a very human thing to do. Horizon being a major game with a huge marketing budget around it just means it will easily dominate the discussion.

No, because there's nothing silly about it. The underlying factors are part of a larger issue within the gaming community and should be pointed out.
It is absolutely ridiculous, you're acting the same as the people you're deriding, just on the other side by judging a character's worth from their (lack of) attractiveness. There's nothing about Aloy being less attractive that make her seem a stronger character than anyone else, her body could have more musculature for the crazy shit she does and facial beauty is completely unrelated to her strength as a character. It's extra silly when the game in question has more attractive characters like Vanasha and Talanah, or hell even Nil and Varl that are also strong and capable yet they're not called out for being unrealistic.

Basically the point of contention seems to be if it's bad for beauty to play a role in judging character designs. It's probably clear that I feel there's nothing wrong with it. Our preferences and attractions will inevitably color our opinions, it's not something you can be completely objective about.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member

You know it took till i was 43 to realise what 'bangs' meant... im not american

Nero from DMC4 has some really interesting concept art.

1d598f09b81a865f95bc9743a1af9890.jpg

7f4ca049d984d988415336e7e6327b41.jpg

I actually prefer some of these designs over his final look in DMC4 since these costumes differentiate him visually from Dante more than his actual design does.

Basically the point of contention seems to be if it's bad for beauty to play a role in judging character designs. It's probably clear that I feel there's nothing wrong with it. Our preferences and attractions will inevitably color our opinions, it's not something you can be completely objective about.

Couldn't agree more.

Do all characters have to be attractive to be good design though? Couldn't you have an unattractive protagonist?

Lots of people will point out that Marcus Fenix is unattractive, but who cares? He is a huge bulky military dude, his design works fine for the setting he is in. I don't remember anyone saying "I just can't get into Gears of War, b/c Marcus is unfuckable" Do all female protagonists have to be attractive to be good design?

Man, way to shit on the concept artists. Seriously, people talk that concept art up as if it's something horribly insulting

In no way am I saying it's bad or that the concept artists are bad. I'm saying the rage around people not getting something they want is hilarious. I love concept art and understand the hard work around them. I don't like it when people shit on the final designs as if it's trash, then again this is the internet so hyperbole is bound to happen. There is a difference between one personal tastes in character and art design, then there is respecting the final decisions made by the team.

I'm just saying people would rather be pandered too with cuties character designs then appreciate the final designs work.

Do all characters have to be attractive to be good design though? Couldn't you have an unattractive protagonist?

Lots of people will point out that Marcus Fenix is unattractive, but who cares? He is a huge bulky military dude, his design works fine for the setting he is in. I don't remember anyone saying "I just can't get into Gears of War, b/c Marcus is unfuckable" Do all female protagonists have to be attractive to be good design?

Hear, hear.

Whilst I agree with you. I think you'll struggle to find more than maybe one poster in this entire thread who stated "Aloy's design sucks because she's unattractive".

Plenty posters saying, "in-game Aloy is unattractive" or "I prefer the concept art Aloy to in-game Aloy" aren't the same thing at all, and yet the poster who started off this entire discussion, quoted a bunch of posts saying exactly this and framed it as if they were claiming the above.

I get that objectification of women in gaming is a legit problem that needs to be solved. But framing every instance hetero-male expression of a character's attractiveness as a judgement of said characters overall design is disingenuous at worst and projecting at best.

Gin-Shiio

At this point I might just be arguing semantics, but I definitely think there is a difference between saying that a character is is ugly and saying that they are average.

I'll state my personal opinion now and say that I think Aloy is a beautiful woman by the standards of realism by which Horizon was inspired for all of its character designs.

However, if you are one of those that will flat-out call her final design ugly, manly or visually unappealing, then I really and honestly do think you are leagues are up your own arse if you cannot even retract your wording to something more neutral and less informing of your frankly unreasonable wishes for a fuckable character design despite being told time and time again that you are depriving her character of any worth aside her physical through something as simple as the choice of your words.

They shouldn't draw characters in a way that could be seen as fuckable or in any style, but photorealistic, according to a number of people in this thread. Shame on them!

televator

This is way better. But i guess we have to aplaud them for making her "chubbier" and less good looking. She looks like a real person now.

This post makes me feel like I must have clicked into 4chan or reddit, but it's GAF. How disappointing and embarrassing.

I actually prefer some of these designs over his final look in DMC4 since these costumes differentiate him visually from Dante more than his actual design does.

Yeah. My favorite is the white coat. It works well against Dantes crismon colors and Vergils blue colors. It would have really made his design unique.

Exodust

Banned
Concept art Aloy looks like disney princess fanart, not a fan of that. I like Aloy as a character a lot, but her final design isn't interesting nor is it memorable Don't see how it can be iconic when the game came out a few months ago and people are already divided on it.

It's possible to think there isn't anything particularly good about Aloy's design and not be sexist, guys.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just wanted to dive into this ongoing debate! lol

Loish's concepts are much more appealing.
They also have better colour harmony. This makes sense because Loish is good at putting together appealing palettes. She also makes good silhouettes. That's a part of why she is told how Disney her stuff looks. A lot of focus on actual visual stylization. Her "puffier" hair balances well with her more pronounced hips. It creates nice S-shapes.

Alloy's final design has like appealing "parts" but the whole is pretty.. uggo to me. Including whatever it going on with the colour harmony of her + her uniform. Bleh. Like choosing the wrong shades of tan to contrast with the blue and red.. Something's not right. Plus the overall silhouette, the hair SHAPE.. it just.. all the shapes and proportions make it less appealing. In the turn-around, the side profile looks okay, but something seems off with the front and back views because her hair is too pointed stacked on top of her. Her shoulders look drooping. The overall shape is a blobbing downwards teardrop. It's not appealing.

I think when it comes to her face, the eye spacing and forehead shape or how much smaller the eyes look look from the actress they were inspired from also knocks down the appeal a little.

These little things all add up.

Hopefully they are more mindful of these things the next time.
....Am I the only one who is a bit disturbed by the level of intricacy in this dissection of Aloy's face going on here? o_O Jesus, next someone's gonna analyse her skin pores or something... Honestly, no, I hope GG isn't "mindful" of their character's eye spacing to such obsessive degrees "next time".

So basically, you're right because you interpreted a statement in a way that makes you right and I'm wrong for doing the same thing just because? Gotcha!
Yeah, totally what happened, you got me~
You first.

Putting it bluntly (though I also find it it a somewhat exaggerated statement), she's ugly.
Welp

Sami+

Current Aloy is great but I like the concept art's hair more.

Some of y'all "damn shame the final version is UGLY" people are weird.

It's funny, I knew Bayonetta was suppose to look and be dressed like a fashion model with super exaggerated proportions (like comically long legs), but when looking at all the possible concepts for her it becomes really apparent that's what they were going for. Also some of them really took the witch part very literally with those pointed hats

Concept art Aloy looks like disney princess fanart, not a fan of that. I like Aloy as a character a lot, but her final design isn't interesting nor is it memorable Don't see how it can be iconic when the game came out a few months ago and people are already divided on it.

It's possible to think there isn't anything particularly good about Aloy's design and not be sexist, guys.

You sure it's not just the case that you'd rather fuck some other character?

Exodust

Banned
You sure it's not just the case that you'd rather fuck some other character?

That's a dumbass question. Not everybody thinks of fuckability when it comes to characters who don't exist in real life, and I sure as shit don't. Not liking Aloy's design has nothing to do with finding her attractive or not, I just think her design is bland. I think the same of reboot Lara Croft, who's by all accounts designed as an attractive woman with her source also being an attractive woman.

But OK, not liking her design means I want tits to cover her face and chain mail bikini. I obviously only disagree because I want something to jack off to.

Buckle

Those early Aloy designs are fantastic.

Would absolutely loved to have seen the game rendered in that art style instead of the more realistic aesthetic they went with.

....Am I the only one who is a bit disturbed by the level of intricacy in this dissection of Aloy's face going on here? o_O Jesus, next someone's gonna analyse her skin pores or something... Honestly, no, I hope GG isn't "mindful" of their character's eye spacing to such obsessive degrees "next time".
This sort of intricate scrutiny is normal in art fields. they probably have some experience with that sort of work. I've had art directors make changes on a drawing that only correct it by 1/2 of a pencil line's thickness, but to them it made all the difference in the world. Or push the slight angle of an eyelid up which completely changes a characters expression. So I wouldn't be disturbed by this comment as it's normal in the character design/animation/art world where every line, shape, and curve was put there with a purpose. Here's an example of how picky things can be, these are some animation drawings from Attack on Titan, the pink drawings are the director's corrections of the drawings above them. Very subtle changes but they felt they were necessary.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like it should be its own thread though.
I’m not entirely sure. I somewhat agree but at the same time it is also very much part of things happening in this thread. If a mod comes by and agrees it should be its own thread, I'll move over to it.
But that's how you came across, as many of the posts you originally quoted didn't seem to specifically be framing a dislike of Aloy's design on the basis of her appearance alone. Some mentioned a preference for the concept art without specifying a basis for that preference, and some comments stated the posters opinion of the character's attractiveness, making no vocal judgement about her design.
While one or two of those posts certainly did seem to judge Aloy's design on the basis of her attractiveness, not all of them were clearly doing that. And so by quoting all the posts you did and painting them with the same brush you're effectively projecting the perceived sins of some onto a larger group.
I fail to see how you can claim this conclusively on the basis of the posts you quoted. Unless you're also including posts outside of this thread in your conclusion, in which case i would ask you to consider whether you're projecting what you've seen elsewhere, unfairly onto some posters in here, based on fairly ambiguous posts?
Whilst I agree with you. I think you'll struggle to find more than maybe one poster in this entire thread who stated "Aloy's design sucks because she's unattractive".

Plenty posters saying, "in-game Aloy is unattractive" or "I prefer the concept art Aloy to in-game Aloy" aren't the same thing at all, and yet the poster who started off this entire discussion, quoted a bunch of posts saying exactly this and framed it as if they were claiming the above.

I get that objectification of women in gaming is a legit problem that needs to be solved. But framing every instance hetero-male expression of a character's attractiveness as a judgement of said characters overall design is disingenuous at worst and projecting at best.
Since the quotes I used seem to be the major sticking point for you, I’d like to know which one(s) of them you feel I am ‘misrepresenting’ or using in a ‘disingenuous’ way. Which one of them does not specifically bring up the (supposed lack of) physical beauty of the final Aloy design?

Also, as this apparently somehow isn’t clear; Not liking Aloy’s final design is fine. I don’t think there’s anything inherently ‘wrong’ with the concept designs either, other than me personally believing that they wouldn’t fit in the current art style. I’m not saying that not liking Aloy’s final design is bad. I’m not saying liking Aloy’s concept design is bad. I’m not saying liking Aloy’s concept design over her final design is bad. I’m not saying that if you don’t like Aloy’s final design, that it must be because of sexism. I’m not saying that the posts I quoted are literally the representative of all people who dislike final Aloy, nor did I ever claim that. I am not saying that everyone should like final Aloy, nor am I saying that everyone should find final Aloy physically attractive.

I am arguing that there is a trend of people judging this new female lead character specifically on physical beauty when the same is rarely – if ever - done for other characters, and that this is a symptom of deeper problems within the gaming community / culture – specifically of the objectification / sexualization of women.

And no, I’m not saying those people are sexist pigs either. It’s about pointing out an underlying issue that is still very much present in gaming community / culture which enables sexism, objectification and sexualization of women to thrive in large parts of it.

Minor side note; I am not ‘the poster who started off this entire discussion’. A discussion on Aloy was already ongoing.
I agree with your points, but your earlier post didn't specify that it was wrong to post it, it seemed to say you were wrong to even have the thought in your head. I think that is why some people are disagreeing. They might not be able to control subconscious thought, but they can control what they say or post on the internet.
Then apologies for not clarifying that enough. ‘They might not be able to control subconscious thought, but they can control what they say or post on the internet.’ Is a good way to put it.
I honestly don't understand why a person expressing whether they find a character (or person in RL) attractive or not, is objectifying.
And I don’t think nor claim that it by definition is. But these things don’t exist in a vacuum. Content, context, frequency, etc. are all relevant. The context here being that sexualized / idealized / conventionally beautiful women have been the standard for most of the existence of the medium. Aloy is also the first new AAA female lead in quite some time in this industry flooded with male protagonists. In that context, the content and frequency of complaints mentioning specifically physical beauty when talking about this specific character is - to me - indicative of underlying attitudes which enable the continuation of sexualization and objectification of women both in the community and as characters in games themselves.
If they claim outright that the character's design is poor on that basis alone, then I can completely understand that. However, I think you'll struggle to find more than one or two posters in this entire thread who did that.
That is what I’ve been talking about from the start, or at least I intended to. I already provided some quotes from just the first few pages of this thread, but you disagree on whether those actually represent what I am talking about.
The list of posts you quoted earlier, didn't seem to fit that criteria at all. Mostly at least.
Could you clarify?
In which case, are you objecting to all comments on the attractiveness of a character at all on this discussion board? As I'd argue that's an somewhat unreasonable position.
I am not objecting to all comments about physical attractiveness, not in general and not even towards this character in specific. I am specifically talking about the comments regarding the physical attractiveness of this specific character and their frequency and content versus similar comments on other characters.
It absolutely does get said about male characters and it's quite disingenuous to claim it doesn't happen. Looking at the uglier characters in this thread, father Nier and the Gears of War cast are good examples.
Father Nier got one comment I’m not even sure what to make of and Gears got maybe two with the complaints being non-specific and about the not-final character model, and not about, let’s say, how the shape of Marcus’ nose made them not buy the game. Even if they were specific / comparable to the stuff that gets thrown around about Aloy, these complaints do not appear near as frequently as the ones about Aloy did (and still do).
Putting it bluntly (though I also find it it a somewhat exaggerated statement), she's ugly. Same thing happens with other characters that are perceived as ugly, be it male or female, or even non-human.
[citation needed]
I have yet to see these kinds of comments with similar frequency on a male, non-human, or even other female character. I’m not definitively saying that it has never happened, but if it did, I’d genuinly like to see it and the context it was in.
Anything that isn't a horrific monstrosity will have many people judging it by how attracted they find them (and even then you have some uh, interesting fetishes out there). It's a very human thing to do.
Again, not trying to be some kind of thought-police here, nor was that ever my intention.
Horizon being a major game with a huge marketing budget around it just means it will easily dominate the discussion.
What does the marketing budget have to do with the frequency of comments about Aloy’s physical attractiveness?
It is absolutely ridiculous, you're acting the same as the people you're deriding, just on the other side by judging a character's worth from their (lack of) attractiveness.
I am not on a ‘side’, much less one such as you describe here.
There's nothing about Aloy being less attractive that make her seem a stronger character than anyone else, her body could have more musculature for the crazy shit she does and facial beauty is completely unrelated to her strength as a character.
I’m not sure what you are trying to say here. I agree that her looks aren’t directly related to her strength as a character. I’ll note that that makes it even more baffling that there are relatively many who feel the need to comment on it. I don’t see what point you are trying to make relating to the ongoing discussion?
It's extra silly when the game in question has more attractive characters like Vanasha and Talanah, or hell even Nil and Varl that are also strong and capable yet they're not called out for being unrealistic.
Again, I don’t quite understand what you are trying to say here… There are (according to your personal opinion of course) more attractive characters in the game, and that means… what exactly? That they should have made Aloy just as attractive? That they made Aloy ‘less attractive’ on purpose? I’m not trying to put words in your mouth here, just genuinely trying to figure out what you are implying here.
No, that is not the point of contention. At least it wasn’t for me, so apologies if that wasn’t clear. I explained this further earlier in this post and it wasn’t the point of contention before this post either.

Mik317

I also like the earlier Aloy designs...but not because the final one is ugly or fat or whatever bullshit is being thrown around. Its simply a matter of me preferring stylized designs over more realistic ones...that being said, for the game Horizon is, they made the right choice considering their engine and the style of the world itself.

What I do want to know is that why not liking or liking a certain design always goes towards "oh I bet you just wanna jerk off to it clown". What does this add to any discussion?

This is a cool ass thread set to go the way of every other design thread sadly.

Not

Banned
I'm still mad at dudes caring more about wanting to bang female a design than what would actually be more realistic

SUCH a long way to go

Prax

Welp
If you truly understood how much I hated HOW UGLY MOST WESTERN RPG DESIGNS OF FACES ARE now you wouldn't be surprised! DAMN THEIR UGLY FACE MODELS!!!! *spits blood at Dragon Age and likewise lol*
It's just something I notice. I understand things such as eye spacing can make a character look different. I did also notice how unappealing her hairline was. Why are her "side burn" area completely shaven clean? Not even some stubble or wispy hairs there as a skin texture??? WEIRD. (probably makes her face look "fatter" to the some people that keep saying that tbh. They just can't truly pinpoint "why").

These design choices can be what makes or breaks aesthetic appeal. Maybe it matters not to you, so whether they are mindful or not in the future won't affect you. lol

gatling

I actually really appreciated Aloys in game model and I say this as another big fan of Lois' work. The unidealized figure, walk cycle, realistic hair/material weight, and the clothing felt more relatable as a woman to me. If everything else was as slylized Id probably feel differently.

Tomita

108.png

Zelda's early design for Link to the Past, back when the game was going to have some kind of future time travelling component.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Is there more info on this version of LttP or not really?

(Also Zelda here looks like the chick from Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, lol)

Hylian7

This was almost Phoenix in Dota 2. This version of the hero was almost done. Valve intentionally put the model in the game's files in an update so people would find it and they could get feedback from places like Reddit and other Dota communities. It was not well received, so a more traditional design (yet still really cool) for Phoenix was used.

Turin

Banned

Damn. I'm digging this a lot. Maybe they didn't want him to be too Virgil-esque.

IIRC, these were done after Nomura designed the characters. So not concept art technically.

Well, shit. Still neat though.

I applaud the Horizon team for not going with the Disney Princess Aloy design.

Good man.

Since the quotes I used seem to be the major sticking point for you, I'd like to know which one(s) of them you feel I am ‘misrepresenting' or using in a ‘disingenuous' way. Which one of them does not specifically bring up the (supposed lack of) physical beauty of the final Aloy design?

The issue I have with your use of the quotes isn't about whether they bring up the issue of Aloy's beauty or not. Of course they do. What I took issue with is that you're interpretation that a comment on the attractiveness (or not) of a character is the same as a judgement on the overall design of that character.

For example, I can say from my perspective that I think the protagonist from the game Nier is a pretty darned unattractive character, but that doesn't mean that I think the character design overall is bad. Quite the contrary. I think his design works very well, but me having not expressed that in my initial comment solely about his attractiveness, I wouldn't expect anyone to take anything more from that.

Also, as this apparently somehow isn't clear; Not liking Aloy's final design is fine. I don't think there's anything inherently ‘wrong' with the concept designs either, other than me personally believing that they wouldn't fit in the current art style. I'm not saying that not liking Aloy's final design is bad. I'm not saying liking Aloy's concept design is bad. I'm not saying liking Aloy's concept design over her final design is bad. I'm not saying that if you don't like Aloy's final design, that it must be because of sexism. I'm not saying that the posts I quoted are literally the representative of all people who dislike final Aloy, nor did I ever claim that. I am not saying that everyone should like final Aloy, nor am I saying that everyone should find final Aloy physically attractive.

I haven't actually intimated or implied that you said any of this.

I am arguing that there is a trend of people judging this new female lead character specifically on physical beauty when the same is rarely – if ever - done for other characters, and that this is a symptom of deeper problems within the gaming community / culture – specifically of the objectification / sexualization of women.

And I'm questioning whether that trend you mention is really visible in this thread, as many of the posts you initially quoted don't support that notion, imo (see below).

Just because there's a prevailing trend in gaming communities of people judging characters purely on their physical beauty, doesn't mean that every comment by a poster about the physical beauty of a character amounts to this. Context is important.

And no, I'm not saying those people are sexist pigs either. It's about pointing out an underlying issue that is still very much present in gaming community / culture which enables sexism, objectification and sexualization of women to thrive in large parts of it.

Again I didn't say that you said this. I merely mentioned your comment about objectification. Which based on the comments from other posters you quoted, it appears at least that you're implying that comments solely about a character's physical beauty amount to a judgement of the character overall and thus objectification. I realize now that you're not saying that, but that is how it appeared to me at least.

Going back to your previous post, the posts you quoted are as follows:

This is way better. But i guess we have to aplaud them for making her "chubbier" and less good looking. She looks like a real person now.

Here: I don't see a judgement on the value of the overall character design based on physical beauty alone.

I see an initial expression of preference for the concept art, then a statement about the change to the existing Aloy's appearance that may or may not be sarcastic, but again I don't interpret as a value judgement on the overall design of game-Aloy. Lastly a statement about game-Aloy which actually seems quite positive.

Would have brought the crap out of horizon if she looked like this. Hits that nice sweetspot of cute and confident. I hate the graphical realism focus in games nowadays. The current Alloy design is boring compared to this.

Here: I see a strong statement of preference for the concept art design, but again no qualification for why that is the case. The second statement is an observation based on the poster's personal taste about the concept art's appearance. The last line clearly expresses a dislike for realism in the design of game-Aloy, indicating that the stylization of the concept art version is an important factor in this poster's preference.

Again, it's difficult to conclusively interpret the above as a value judgement on the overall character on the basis of physical beauty alone.

People don't like ugly designs, what a surprise.

Here: is a little less ambiguous and I think you have a strong case for this comment, specifically because the words "ugly design" are used. This is a bit more cut and dry and supports your case.

They Mass Effect Andromeda'd her. Oh no, we chose an actress who is too conventionally attractive, we have to bring her down a peg.

I see no reason for Aloy, an obviously strong and fit avatar to have those oddly puffy cheeks, women that are fit dont look like that in the face.

The first thing when we got out of wonder woman u asked my wife how she felt about gal gadots "look" and she immediately said very strong and etc etc. You can have a woman with a thinner frame and still show strength.

Meanwhile in actor -> digital conversions. More hair, more muscles, sharper features, "manlier" in game presence. They actively enhance their avatars.

This is a new trend in this generation imo and it doesn't apply to every game, but it does happen. Traditionally women were dialed up too high, but now some games are going opposite.

Here: I see some fairly benign meandering discussion on game-Aloy's facial shape, as well as minor rant at the poster's seeming impression that the industry is designing characters that move away from traditional beauty standards. Right or wrong, whatever you think of this poster's view of current trends, I cannot say that at all that I see here a value judgement on the character design of Aloy based only on her physical beauty. At best, something like that could be implied... kinda... if you're really reaching, but it would be far from conclusive or supportive of your point.

Who cares? They still made her look blander than her real counterpart.
The real actress? Sure. Game Alloy? Eeh.

Here: again, no value judgement of the overall design of game-Aloy. Comments based on this poster's preference for the appearance of the real actress over the game-Aloy...but there's nothing here claiming that the design itself is bad based on physical beauty alone.

Top Bottom