• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early designs for video game protagonists

Rune Corp

Neo Member
I like the Aloy design we got but I wish they had kept the hairstyle. For the person wondering about the Rabbit!Sonic design being used in Sonic Advance, you're thinking of Cream the Rabbit. Also (since the Rabbit design was referenced in the latest Mania trailer), I wonder if Rabbit!Sonic will be a thing in the next anniversary title. I highly doubt it, but it would be pretty cool.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Is there more info on this version of LttP or not really?

(Also Zelda here looks like the chick from Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, lol)

There is in the Hyrule Historia! They don't say much, though - basically that Zelda is wearing a sci-fi costume which didn't make the final cut. Zelda 1 was originally supposed to have some kind of futuristic component in its story so people speculate that in A Link to the Past's very early development, this was going to be revisited.

TalonJH

It's really depressing seeing all the posts which prefer the original design of Ally.

We get an incredibly well designed, realistic, female main character whose a joy to play - and people prefer the anorexic, slightly sexualized, oh so blandly typical Disney Princess pictures here?

Agreed. I like those other designs but not for Horizon. Not for what that character is supposed to be.

Dantrist

Some Pokémon examples.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_unused_Pokémon_and_character_designs

Girafarig
fk9IPVX.png
v63WHUV.jpg

Qwilfish
0tAcUFI.png
HM1Puwd.png

Torchic
xuDPwFi.png
rq9DmIo.png

Blaziken X Latias
N0ANT0S.jpg
H8XvvfH.png