• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: PS4 Pro & PC High-Res support detailed

madmook

Looks like they removed the RX 490 recommendation on their post.

But still, it says that to utilize the texture pack one should MEET or EXCEED a goddamn GTX 1080. I really hope they're having a laugh because if they're serious then only a very small percentage of people will be able to use those textures.

I've got a 5820K with hyper-threading disabled and a GTX 1070, so I will be very curious how it'll run.

Also happy to finally see PS4 Pro support, can't wait to try that out too.

LMAO

There is now way in hell that extra 60GB is worth the bandwidth. No fucking way. Game still runs like shit on PC in certain areas of the game, regardless of hardware.

bobeth

LMAO

There is now way in hell that extra 60GB is worth the bandwidth. No fucking way. Game still runs like shit on PC in certain areas of the game, regardless of hardware.

I get a perfect 60fps @ 1080p on Ultra, and I'm very eager to see what an additionnal 60GB of textures looks like..

Jacob4815

While there's nothing definitive, Skyrim Remastered has supersampling, and you can count the number of Pro games that don't support supersampling on one hand, so the chances are pretty good that supersampling will be there for 1080p players.

But this is also Bethesda and Sony, so nothing is certain.

Dishonored 2 is a Bethesda game too and it's one of the few games with lack of supersampling.
And I asked many times about the missing support for 1080p users to developers or to Bethesda official accounts... but they ignored the feedback everytime.

So I'm hoping this is a Skyrim scenario and not a Dishonored one...

styl3s

58GB? When i hear 58GB i hear they must of done a lot and i can't wait. I have over 10TB free sitting this PC bring on them gigs.

Really interested in trying the Pro version as well since i am like 25% away from the platinum.

Pennywise

Dishonored 2 is a Bethesda game too and it's one of the few games with lack of supersampling.
And I asked many times about the missing support for 1080p users to developers or to Bethesda official accounts... but they ignored the feedback everytime.

So I'm hoping this is a Skyrim scenario and not a Dishonored one...

Dishonored 2 is a different studio though.

You'll get your answer next week, unless Bethesda gives an update.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
So this is the 1.9 update for PS. Great.

Any indication if the game is getting another update on PC?

It shouldn't if this is a simple texture pack, right?

I hope we're not going back to the hell that 1.5 was for modding. Please don't break the game again Bethesda!

WarpathDC

Even with SLI support I remember having to spend a couple hours tweaking this game to get a solid 60fps @1440 w/ two EVGA 970 FTWs. 58gigs of textures will not be kind to 95% of pc rigs out there is my guess.

My next GPU will be the AMD vega (depending on VRAM #) or the 1080ti. I might have a chance at 30fps with 58gigs worth of textures holy shit...

Yopis

That was my first thought. Also i think that CPU is a 6 core 12 thread processor.

Hopefully those are the top specs for 4K and I can use the higher res textures on my 1440p monitor (with a core i7-6700K and a GTX 1070).

Hope your right.

Honestly, I could see a 58GB high res texture pack as real. 5.8GB seems far too small.

Textures do make up ~70% of a game these days.

Im all far it. If you dont want it dont use it. I prefer they go all out than not at all.

Sounds like a true HD/4K texture pack. I guess people expect a variety of different HD texture packs, based on their unique config and ISP.

SliChillax

Aw man, couldn't they have told us this earlier? I just finished an entire playthrough for the second time on PC, not going back again.

I get a perfect 60fps @ 1080p on Ultra, and I'm very eager to see what an additionnal 60GB of textures looks like..

Yeah. There's at least one, usually. Always somebody in every PC thread claiming they have no issues. They could have similar or the same setups as others in the thread, and somehow no issues. lol

Kurdel

Banned
Recommended PC Specs
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7-5820K or better
GTX 1080 8GB
8GB+ Ram
58 gigs

1368113726727.gif

Loking forward to see what that looks like in 4 years!

Synless

I have been playing this on my Pro (no patch obviously) and I swear there are times when I am running and the frame rate goes slideshow. They need to fix that and fuck everything else.

Krayz

So no clarification if 58GB is the actual textures yet?

Just checked my fallout 4 folder, it's only 39GB. I have mods installed so I don't know if that's the real size. But if they mean't 58GB will be the game+textures that would mean the textures are 19GB, which I think is still too big. If its 58GB for just the textures that will make the games footprint 97GB! I think that's almost the size of Flight simulator with all its DLC.

Then again, the Skyrim HD mod is only around 2GB and that's the full resolution version which is 4k textures. But I don't think it replaced all textures. IMO they forgot the period and mean't 5.8GB. If I'm wrong...then my god how will the game look with 19/58GB of high resolution textures!?! My eyes are ready!

Top Bottom