• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu SSBB Scans-SHEIK IS BACK, BABY!!! 40/40

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
So hot.

Hype through the roof now.

Please stop stirring up 2ch in the name of gaf, please.

gimz

WiiRevolution1 said:
Pikmmin and Olimar's Final Smash is end of day.

Source: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/pikmin.html

Straight from the dojo itself.

All characters are now updated with Special Moves and Final Smash's direcly under them. :O

I guess this is a sign of less updates till Japan release date...

EDIT: WTF I meant to post this in the dojo update thread :D
from what i guess, is Olimar will go inside his "onion" with his pikmins, and all the monster will come eating everyone else x)

Tenbatsu

SantaC said:
So what does the review say? What do they praise? And what did SSB and SSBM score?

From page 4

The SSBB Famitsu review...

今回はひとり用も大ボリューム。アドベンチャーモードはかなり長く楽しめるし、物語の見せかたもすばらしい。対戦は、〝最後の切りふだ〝のおかげで不確定要素が 強くなり、これまで以上に腕前に関係なく盛り上がれる。操作やサウンドまわりのオプションが充実しているのも脱帽。

This time, single-player is also big. Adventure mode is pretty lengthy and enjoyable and the story's presentation is great. Thanks to the "Final Smash" moves with surprising shows of strength, unforeseen abilities arise. Options for control, sound, and so on are perfect and also deserve a hats-off.

新要素の〝最後の切りふだ〝は、どのキャラクターも派手なエフェクトと爽快感を楽しめ、対戦をより熱いものにしている。ひとりで遊べるモードも豊富で○。〝アド ベンチャーモード亜空の使者〝はムービーとアクションのテンポがよく、時間を忘れてプレイしてしまいました。大満足!

The new "Final Smash" moves with brilliant effects that can be used by any character are refreshingly fun, right up there with the rest of the battles. I'm glad the single-player mode is also bountiful. "Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary" keeps such a good tempo of movies and action that one easily forgets the time while playing. Awesome!

迫力ある演出とギミック。それにダイナミックかつ繊細なキャラクターたちの動き。〝最後の切りふだ〝の派手なアクションは必見。対戦のステージ数が多く、ひとり 用のモードも大充実している。ステージエディットがあったり、このゲームに関する細かいデータが閲覧できるのも○。

Appealing production and features. Also, the movements of the characters are dynamic yet subtle. The brilliant actions of the "Final Smash" moves are a must-see. There are tons of stages, and the single-player mode is perfect. Not only is there a stage editor, but detailed statistics from the game are presented. Nice.

揃いも揃ったオールスターの躍動する姿には磨きがかかり、ひとりで遊んでもハマれるモードを完備し、収集欲をそそる仕掛けを十二分に用意。抜きん出た技術とセン ス、動力を感じさせる至高の作品。プレイするたびに発見があり、対戦するごとに喜びと悔しさを味わわせてくれる。

The movements of the assembled all-stars are highly-polished, single-player is perfect and easy to get into, and the challenge of collecting herein is more than enough. With outstanding art direction, this game really lets you feel the power of motion. There are new things to discover with each play, with both joy and sorrow to be savored in battle.

SantaC

Oblivion said:
31 and 37 respectively.

holy crap game of forever confirmed

The SSBB Famitsu review...

今回はひとり用も大ボリューム。アドベンチャーモードはかなり長く楽しめるし、物語の見せかたもすばらしい。対戦は、〝最後の切りふだ〝のおかげで不確定要素が 強くなり、これまで以上に腕前に関係なく盛り上がれる。操作やサウンドまわりのオプションが充実しているのも脱帽。

This time, single-player is also big. Adventure mode is pretty lengthy and enjoyable and the story's presentation is great. Thanks to the "Final Smash" moves with surprising shows of strength, unforeseen abilities arise. Options for control, sound, and so on are perfect and also deserve a hats-off.

新要素の〝最後の切りふだ〝は、どのキャラクターも派手なエフェクトと爽快感を楽しめ、対戦をより熱いものにしている。ひとりで遊べるモードも豊富で○。〝アド ベンチャーモード亜空の使者〝はムービーとアクションのテンポがよく、時間を忘れてプレイしてしまいました。大満足!

The new "Final Smash" moves with brilliant effects that can be used by any character are refreshingly fun, right up there with the rest of the battles. I'm glad the single-player mode is also bountiful. "Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary" keeps such a good tempo of movies and action that one easily forgets the time while playing. Awesome!

迫力ある演出とギミック。それにダイナミックかつ繊細なキャラクターたちの動き。〝最後の切りふだ〝の派手なアクションは必見。対戦のステージ数が多く、ひとり 用のモードも大充実している。ステージエディットがあったり、このゲームに関する細かいデータが閲覧できるのも○。

Appealing production and features. Also, the movements of the characters are dynamic yet subtle. The brilliant actions of the "Final Smash" moves are a must-see. There are tons of stages, and the single-player mode is perfect. Not only is there a stage editor, but detailed statistics from the game are presented. Nice.

揃いも揃ったオールスターの躍動する姿には磨きがかかり、ひとりで遊んでもハマれるモードを完備し、収集欲をそそる仕掛けを十二分に用意。抜きん出た技術とセン ス、動力を感じさせる至高の作品。プレイするたびに発見があり、対戦するごとに喜びと悔しさを味わわせてくれる。

The movements of the assembled all-stars are highly-polished, single-player is perfect and easy to get into, and the challenge of collecting herein is more than enough. With outstanding art direction, this game really lets you feel the power of motion. There are new things to discover with each play, with both joy and sorrow to be savored in battle.

sweeeeeeeeet, everyone loves the final smash

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
i switched to a sakurai avatar in honor of this achievement. congratulations, sir. ill swallow the delay with a smile on my face.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
What were the last 40/40 given by Famitsu? I can't recall if Zelda TP got it.
Is there a site that tracks all Famitsu scores?

SantaC

marc^o^ said:

nintendogs

before that I think it was Zelda Wind Waker

Firestorm

marc^o^ said:

Ocarina of Time
Vagrant Story
Soul Calibur
The Wind Waker
Nintendogs
Final Fantasy XII
Smash Bros. Brawl

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SantaC said:
ouch...that game sure wasn't 40/40...well first half was.

I wouldnt even say first half. That game changed like 4 times. First quarter was awesometastic

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
Nintendogs was mind-blowingly awesome. Never have I been so at peace while playing a videogame.

Well.... at least not since Tetris Attack

Let's play together, under the bluest of skies...... ahhhhh yes lets...

SantaC said:
ouch...that game sure wasn't 40/40...well first half was.

eh, it subjective, I doubt I would think Smash bros was anywhere near the score it recieved, but Im not really a fan of the series.

Anyway, nice score regardless...the wii is finally getting a run of quality games

MMaRsu

Banned
Can anybody upload the sheik pics to imagevenue? I can't see them here at work but other pics hosted there work..please?

SantaC

Vaandaviii said:
I don't know how good the game is, but I seriously doubt it's better than mario galaxy. That 40/40 thing is just crap.

this game has like 1000x replay value galaxy has

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Axalon said:
Someone post an image of a mushroom cloud. That'll learn 'em.
MushroomCloudcopy.gif

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
MMaRsu said:
Can anybody upload the sheik pics to imagevenue? I can't see them here at work but other pics hosted there work..please?

Heh, my work filter blocks every other image hosters except imagevenue as well. I'd definitely appreciate more NeoGAF people using that one instead of xs.to, imageshack, photobucket, and the others.

Also, fuck yeah at that score... makes sense, this is the greatest game of all time, after all.

Sharp

Grrr, why did Nintendo waste its moneyhats on SSBB when it could have done so for SMG? I thought if they didn't give it to the game that truly deserved it they were saving it for Wii Fit or something, not a game that's going to sell to the hardcore no matter what Famitsu gave it.

I get the feeling it was pushed back for a Wii shipment, I also believe stores will have the title weeks in advance. Hope there will be a demo in stores. I considered playing Melee but change my mind, don't want to dampen the excitement.

Terrell said:
Oh, and the Sheik thing just seems like Sakurai being lazy. He gave Mario that stupid squirt gun pack just for kicks, but won't change Zelda in the slightest when she was the character that NEEDED changing? LAME.

Sheik is awesome and never needed to go.

OliveJuice said:
Since all they talked about was single player...did they say how long it is?

I translated it for you.

"Adventure mode is pretty lengthy..."
"'Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary' keeps such a good tempo of movies and action that one easily forgets the time while playing."

webrunner

Word from IGN is that it's a 200 page booklet. The page numbers on the bottom seem to suggest that- we have a 18-19 and a 146-147. We also know there's at probably at least 4 pages per character (Samus has the history page), so we can say.. 102 pages of it are for the known characters, probably (those extra 2 are the extra page for Pokemon Trainer showing the other two pokemon)

However, they seem careful not to include things that haven't been revealed- Sonic is shown on Battlefield and not a newly revealed stage of his own, for instance.

Assuming 8 more pages of fluff ... what's on the missing 90 pages?

Top Bottom