• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu SSBB Scans-SHEIK IS BACK, BABY!!! 40/40

dude

dude
Magicpaint said:
FFXII was amazing.
I didn't play it, it could be. That's not the point though, I've almost never saw a famitsu score that actually represented the quality of the game. I've never realized why people make such a big deal out of those scores, really.

Amir0x

Banned
Man they gave the 40/40 to this garbage? More evidence of Famitsu worthlessness. Mario Galaxy should wear its quality as a badge of honor, shaming Famitsu in every step.

Still no news of Ness either. Hmph.

Jirotrom

Amir0x said:
Man they gave the 40/40 to this garbage? More evidence of Famitsu worthlessness. Mario Galaxy should wear its quality as a badge of honor, shaming Famitsu in every step.

while I agree with you that SMG deserves the 40/40, smash is far from trash and I remember you banning me for calling Gears of war trash...:(

Amir0x

Banned
Jirotrom said:
while I agree with you that SMG deserves the 40/40, smash is far from trash and I remember you banning me for calling Gears of war trash...:(

People always seem to remember me banning them for things, but it never actually turns out to be me

Oh, and the Sheik thing just seems like Sakurai being lazy. He gave Mario that stupid squirt gun pack just for kicks, but won't change Zelda in the slightest when she was the character that NEEDED changing? LAME.
Have you considered that Zelda may be getting buffs and Sheik getting nerfs? If anything, Sheik could now be a character that can rack up damage, but lacks killing moves (much like Metaknight) while Zelda would become useful for finishing off enemies.

DarkKyo

KittenMaster said:
Have you considered that Zelda may be getting buffs and Sheik getting nerfs? If anything, Sheik could now be a character that can rack up damage, but lacks killing moves (much like Metaknight) while Zelda would become useful for finishing off enemies.
Kinda like how they were in Melee.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So does anyone know what else the remainder of 200 pages of this book are supposedly? I can only find these scans. Someone did the math and said that there should be five more characters.

jman2050

Amir0x said:

Don't ever change Ami <3

jman2050

Dechaios said:
Kinda like how they were in Melee.

Actually, that begs the question: does anyone in higher level play actually take advantage of Zelda/Shiek transformations? Is Sheik really that much better in all battle situations? I mean, Sheik is nimble and has plenty of combos sure, but Zelda has that damn kick that I hate hate hate so much.

jman2050 said:
Actually, that begs the question: does anyone in higher level play actually take advantage of Zelda/Shiek transformations? Is Sheik really that much better in all battle situations? I mean, Sheik is nimble and has plenty of combos sure, but Zelda has that damn kick that I hate hate hate so much.
Shiek is one of the best characters in the game. Shiekd players will occasionally transform to take advantge of Naryu's Love and get back to the stage.

Dr.Hadji

jman2050 said:

Only for recovering and mindgames.

jman2050

Testicular Sound Express said:
Shiek is one of the best characters in the game. Shiekd players will occasionally transform to take advantge of Naryu's Love and get back to the stage.

So there's no discernable advantage Zelda has over Shiek that Melee players could take advantage of besides recovery? I know of Sheik's abilities, so I'm talking about more whether Zelda can be a compliment.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This 40/40 score is a fantastic publicity for this game, as if it needed it. I've always stayed far away from this franchise, but the 16/9 screen ratio, 60fps framerate and various controller options are too tempting this time. If it does play as good as it looks, with such a huge content/fan service, this may be one of the best game ever indeed.

jman2050 said:
So there's no discernable advantage Zelda has over Shiek that Melee players could take advantage of besides recovery? I know of Sheik's abilities, so I'm talking about more whether Zelda can be a compliment.
very few people use zelda. She's really slow and it takes exponentially more practicing to be able to stand up to people using higher tier characters. She's just not that great of a character overall, however, like everyone else its possible to be good with her. Most of the time its not beneficial to switch.

TJ Spyke said:
I never cared for Sheik and thought she was one of the weakest characters. I never played as her (or Zelda) unless I had to.

Still, I want as many of the SSBM characters to return as possible.

Besides Ness (who SHOULD still be in the game), what SSBM characters have not not been confirmed to return yet?

Ganon! They can put shitty old Ness back in, and I won't care so long as Ganon is there, using the TP model.

Firestorm

jman2050 said:

Nope. I guess at first they did want Sheik to combo and Zelda to finish off, but then they get Sheik moves that can kill. Most notably the forward air and a little less notably the down-smash. Considering all of Sheik's moves pretty much lead enough a f-air, there's not much reason to switch to Zelda for her kick =/

Especially since if you do switch, the opponent will take the time while you're transforming to kick your ass. I forgot to switch at the beginning of a match once and my friend comboed me to 60% ;_;

It's usually not even worth switching to Zelda to recover.

Zelda's speed and attacks make her well suit for defensive play. She's really slow, low jump, and her wavedash. Using mindgames and forcing your opponent to mess up and punishing them is the best way to play Zelda in my opinion. Her fair is really powerful and can KO people with bad recovery at relatively low percentages.

Metal B

Firestorm said:
Nope. I guess at first they did want Sheik to combo and Zelda to finish off, but then they get Sheik moves that can kill. Most notably the forward air and a little less notably the down-smash. Considering all of Sheik's moves pretty much lead enough a f-air, there's not much reason to switch to Zelda for her kick =/

Especially since if you do switch, the opponent will take the time while you're transforming to kick your ass. I forgot to switch at the beginning of a match once and my friend comboed me to 60% ;_;

It's usually not even worth switching to Zelda to recover.

Yes. but now in Brawel there is a diffrence. Now, the fighters can stay on stage with 200%, before they get blow out. A shiek with no finisher have to ko a enemy, if he is over 200%. This would cost Shiek a lot of time ... time that her enemy wins to ko her with low damage. If Zelda is really strong in SSBB and can defeat her opponet on lower damge, like 130-170%, the change would be really important for her.

post-2196-1200528299_thumb.jpg

Shiek = Past
Snake = Present
Samus = Future

The SSS Team =)

Amir0x said:
Man they gave the 40/40 to this garbage?

Man I thought that since it's a new year you'd actually be able to have good opinions again.

Guess not.

Edit: The part I find so wonderful is that you're going to buy it anyways.

It's an amazing piece of idiocy that only you are able to acheive. Good job Amir0x, I don't know whether to admire you or laugh at you.

PataHikari said:
Man I thought that since it's a new year you'd actually be able to have good opinions again.

Guess not.

Edit: The part I find so wonderful is that you're going to buy it anyways.

It's an amazing piece of idiocy that only you are able to acheive. Good job Amir0x, I don't know whether to admire you or laugh at you.
Never mind, Ami. He's just throwing a tantrum because Ness has yet to be confirmed.

Monk

Banned
If anything this game deserves more than 40/40. They have given so much full fledged content it is worth reviewing it as 2 games.

Top Bottom