• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

foppy79

And as a team poised to go 0-16 should, I have begun the rebuild by trading Tom Brady.

giphy.gif
Trust The Process

joeposh

Last year I had Keenan Allen, this year David Johnson this is so shitty.

At least I still have Kareem Hunt.

Same, man, same. Feels bad.

That said I managed to get Elliot in the third round because everyone was spooked by the 6 game suspension and I have Delvin Cook, so I may be able to scrape by if the NFL doesn't act quickly on Elliot.

Damn, lost my game with that last grab by Allen (barring a fumble or something). Kept it pretty close even with OBJ and Ajayi on the bench; can't get too mad. Still sucks to start at 0-1 though.

VoxPop

Melvin Gordon literally needed one more yard to win the game for someone in one of my leagues and the OT from the Koo FG would've probably done it. Haha crazy.

Won all three of my leagues and got the highest point total in each. Thank you Kareem Hunt. I am sure I'll never get to feel this again so I sleep tonight like a champion.

Melvin Gordon literally needed one more yard to win the game for someone in one of my leagues and the OT from the Koo FG would've probably done it. Haha crazy.

this exact same thing happened to me. I just needed one more yard or catch from Gordon.

I needed OT.

sad

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I wonder if any of the waiver WRs like Golladay or Kupp are more valuable than Ted Ginn or Crowder. Thoughts?

Hazelhurst

I wonder if any of the waiver WRs like Golladay or Kupp are more valuable than Ted Ginn or Crowder. Thoughts?

Honestly, I think Kupp is the most valuable, especially in PPR. He looks like he's been in the league for years.

Stafford looks great and may have found his replacement for Megatron in Golladay.

Are you thinking of dropping for the rookies? Surely you have someone else. That's a tough call if that's your plan.

I'd give Crowder more time. Not sure about Ginn. He's usually boom or bust.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Kupp build a good relationship with Goff and they connected a lot in preseason. I may stash him.
Yeah, there's a considerable amount of hype around Kupp now. I really do wonder if he'll become a beast by year's end
Honestly, I think Kupp is the most valuable, especially in PPR. He looks like he's been in the league for years.

Stafford looks great and may have found his replacement for Megatron in Golladay.

Are you thinking of dropping for the rookies? Surely you have someone else. That's a tough call if that's your plan.

I'd give Crowder more time. Not sure about Ginn. He's usually boom or bust.
I'm in a 10 team and 16 team league. In my 10 team league (cap of 6 WRs) my wide receivers are:

Jeffery
Pryor
Jackson
Watkins
Crowder
Ginn

Which leaves Ginn as the weak link. But I can't think of many scenarios where I'd play Ginn unless my team explodes, hence why I'm considering reinvesting his spot in a rookie. But giving up a known commodity is always the trickiest in fantasy.

Need some advice.

Rb situations are thin in a 14 man league.

We do a free agent auction style bid instead of waiver wire priority.

Tarik Cohen, how much would I need to spend on him if everyone has 200 bucks to blow on free agents?

Is he worth 40 dollars after one week?

UberTag

Need some advice.

Tarik Cohen, how much would I need to spend on him if everyone has 200 bucks to blow on free agents?

Whether he's worth 40 dollars or not is moot. You won't get him in a 14-man league by paying less than that. Especially on a week where owners lost the likes of David Johnson, Danny Woodhead and countless others like Eddie Lacy flamed out into complete irrelevancy.

As for what amount is worth it for your team, that's entirely up to you. An asset like him is one you'll want to put a modest bid down just to keep other owners in your league honest. He's easily worth that much in a PPR format. In a different scoring system and whether you have an immediate need for replacemen RB depth or not will determine how much you want to adjust your bid from there.

Going to give Crowder some more time. He hardly did shit and Vance McDonald didn't do shit either, giving me a grand total of 2.20 points between them.

Lucky for me I still out-scored my entire league (Kareem Hunt, you da real MVP).

Lost match by 2 points
Johnson and Woodhead were my starting backs
9th on waiver

RIP me

I originally had Woodhead as my RB2 but I swapped him with Blount last minute. Worked out well.

I had to sweat it out for a bit but the Keenan Allen TD clinched it for me. Won despite getting 0 points from my TE and defense (seriously how the fuck did the Texans get 0 against the Jags on the road?).

Cappa

Banned
Where's Hunter Henry?

Dont draft a back-up TE lol

More than Ginn, absolutely. Crowder eh Id hang on but

Golladay
Crowder
Kupp
Ginn

in that order for me.

Need some advice.

Im willing to bet someone is going to spend 100 on him. Id rather overspend on a player who has shown the potential to be a stud, then be in Week 10 with $200 still in my wallet and nothing to show for it. dont be afraid to blow your budget on someone.

bigkrev

We didn't have a single team break 100 points this week. Only 2 broke 90.
Brutal week of starts just not showing up

I'm in the lead in my league with 126!

Johnson :(

Going to hold out on him for more news.

Dropped Steelers D for Raiders, think they'll bring it easily over the Jets.

My thinking is that Brady's lackluster WR core gets to him. Probably not, but I feel more confident in Dak right now.
I would have personally made him pay more since he was stuck in QB hell with Eli and Carson with not a damn great QB left on the wire. But that's still okay.

jfkgoblue

Good news: I won. By a lot. 156-73.

The bad news: This puts me dead last on the WW and being a DJ owner, I may be fucked.

I also gotta now waste a roster spot on Johnson until he comes back

What do you guys think of this trade?

My Stefon Diggs for Ty Montgomery?

14 team / 1.0 PPR

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Isaiah Crowell / Mark Ingram
WR: Julio Jones / Amari Cooper
TE: Kyle Rudolph
FLEX: Stefon Diggs
BENCH: Joe Mixon / Jeremy Hill / Cooper Kupp / Derrick Henry / Willie Snead / Samaje Perine

Cappa

Banned

14 team / 1.0 PPR

BENCH: Joe Mixon / Jeremy Hill / Cooper Kupp / Derrick Henry / Willie Snead / Samaje Perine

sure, you need a RB more than you do WR and TY is going to be a PPR beast. I like Kupp as a WR3 and Snead is also a nice WR3 when he comes back from suspension.

Your RBs are poop.

sure, you need a RB more than you do WR and TY is going to be a PPR beast. I like Kupp as a WR3 and Snead is also a nice WR3 when he comes back from suspension.

Your RBs are poop.

Yeah, they're pretty bad...I figure I'm set on WR, especially with Cooper and Snead's upside. I'm just a little hesitant as it's only week 1.

Cappa

Banned
Yeah, they're pretty bad...I figure I'm set on WR, especially with Cooper and Snead's upside. I'm just a little hesitant as it's only week 1.

Im a Diggs fan but I always worry about him getting injured after every single tackle... hes not exactly the biggest of players.

Just based on your team, Id do that in a heartbeat. He led all rushers in Yards Gained After First Contact per Attempt in 2016 on 77 carries and he'll be on the field a lot and can be a "super Theo Riddick" type that and Jamaal Williams stinks.

Tom Nook

14 team / 1.0 PPR

Do it.

You already have Jones and Cooper as WR1/WR2. Kupp is promising and Snead is coming back.

14 team / 1.0 PPR

Go for it

It's official: David Johnson out 2-3 months.

If you make the playoffs, you might have him back for Week 13. Good luck getting there, though....

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/907626762154233857
For selfish fantasy football purposes I almost wish he were just done for the season so I wouldn't have to roster him until he returns. Now I have dead weight on my bench which is gonna make bye weeks even tougher.

I've never not made the playoffs but this year is already looking stacked against me.

Tom Nook

Top Bottom